Your Quiet Space

Guest Mistress Kang

Guest Mistress Kang

I've seen people go off into their own little happy place aka quiet space aka sub space LOL

Although this was not considered "sub space" because A) I was not submitting or being dominated, and B) I was a child. The last time I was in my own little quite happy place was when I was about 7 years old on a rollercoaster with my father in Disney World. My mother and brother were smart enough to stand aside and be afraid. I discovered that day that I would be content the rest of my life if I never rode another rollercoaster or any ride that flings me around at high speeds and/or any height that can't *easily* step down from. My memory must not be so great because what I recall is impossible- I was sitting on the floor of the "cart". Although I am positive my eyes were in fact squeezed shut and I was only probably repeating something like the alphabet or my name or O-M-with an implied "F"-G to calm myself. All that but no tears- ha!

So, where's your sub space? quiet space? happy little place? and how often do you go there? what's there? LOL

Hey, that's pretty cool! There's a jazz musician named Kenny Werner who talks about "The Space", which sounds similar to what you are talking about here, but it's for music playing instead of getting dominated. I think I have been there myself, and it was such a nice thing. I haven't been to subspace, though; maybe some musicians with experience in both worlds can tell the difference. This brings up a question I had - does anyone like doing S&M to music? If so, what kind?

I do remember one time that I was fingering my butthole, though, and it brought me to this great mental state which lasted for a quite a while - definitely better than weed or alcohol. Maybe that was more like subspace; I know it was a little different from the music space that Kenny Werner talks about.

I've seen people go off into their own little happy place aka quiet space aka sub space LOL

Although this was not considered "sub space" because A) I was not submitting or being dominated, and B) I was a child. The last time I was in my own little quite happy place was when I was about 7 years old on a rollercoaster with my father in Disney World. My mother and brother were smart enough to stand aside and be afraid. I discovered that day that I would be content the rest of my life if I never rode another rollercoaster or any ride that flings me around at high speeds and/or any height that can't *easily* step down from. My memory must not be so great because what I recall is impossible- I was sitting on the floor of the "cart". Although I am positive my eyes were in fact squeezed shut and I was only probably repeating something like the alphabet or my name or O-M-with an implied "F"-G to calm myself. All that but no tears- ha!

So, where's your sub space? quiet space? happy little place? and how often do you go there? what's there? LOL

Mistress Kang,

I can openly attest to an experience similar to Yours. I was probably a couple years older than You at the time and the amusement park ride was not a rollercoaster, but something of that nature. I have no fear of heights, but the speed at which the ride was going and the sharp turns and steep drops it was making with only a single bar in front of you for security, as it did not have the harness type bars that somewhat secure at your shoulders. Well my eyes were closed tight and I was praying for the ride to end, as the entire time I felt like I was going to flip over that single bar and fall right off of the ride. What was probably about 3 minutes time seemed like 30. I kind of got past that since, after some time had passed, but just as long as I feel properly secured in the ride.

But as for quiet space, I believe that would be when I am laying in bed at night prior to falling asleep, I tend to go into my own little world and lose myself in thought or fantasy, which I think at times has actually inspired dreams.

when i'm at my keyboard writing my screenplays. i always envision my script as it would look on a movie screen. the action, the dialogue, the color. this seems to have a calming effect on me and i feel totally relaxed for hours. i can soilve problems, get answers to puzzling questions and feel all is right with the world. nice post SUPERIOR MISTRESS KANG.

Guest Mistress Kang

I should have clarified my question- the "place" I'm wondering about is the "sub space" one. The one that I often see when I'm in my best (session) form and my sub is tense but slightly loose as he goes to that place and leaves his body behind for me.

I should have clarified my question- the "place" I'm wondering about is the "sub space" one. The one that I often see when I'm in my best (session) form and my sub is tense but slightly loose as he goes to that place and leaves his body behind for me.

Mistress Kang,

In that case, sorry for describing an unrelated story.

I am still at somewhat of a loss to figure out why sometimes I could find a "sub space" while other times I couldn't get past the pain and it just became too much to take. Which still has me unsure of how "sub space" is acquired, maybe just the right lead in to it, as opposed to too much too soon.

For me it almost seems like a semi-conscious state and I have a picture in my head that comes to mind of an old broken down shack in the woods, I am sitting on the floor naked with my back against the wall and standing in the middle of the floor is a naked Asian girl who has wings, the sunlight is shining through cracks in the roof, just enough to illuminate her, I kind of compare this vision to an angel watching over me.

well SUPERIOR MISTRESS KANG being a novice sub with only one pro session to my credit i remember the feeling after session as one of total relaxion.my mind was totally clear and i had a sense that i was connected to everything. my body felt non-existant.

Dear Kang the Great,

My space is the hours before the session begins and minutes before the session when I am naked

and alone in the room waiting for you! I hear your footsteps, the door opens, and there you are.

Nothing can replace this feeling. Just thinking about this makes me crazy.

Love,

Dancespell

My experience involved being physically overpowered. I'd rather email specifics if you're interested. It was painful but not unbearable. The whole thing gradually got more intense, making me seriously consider saying my safe word as I felt the experience pushing slightly past what I thought my limit would be. It was painfully intense but a new pleasure that I had never experienced before....I gritted my teeth and took it because I didn't want to cheat the moment. Somewhere near the end, at the peak of it's intensity, I entered sub space. It was a feeling of overwhelming pleasure, fulfillment, exhilaration, and exhaustion mixed with pain as I laid there at the end. I'm grateful for the experience and want to re-live it. I suppose that maybe this makes me a little bit of a masochist which I didn't know I had in me. It only happened once about 2 years ago.

Ms. Kang,

It starts right after you make your appointment. It's that place between losing yourself and finding yourself in the same breath. Where somehow 120 minutes of sensory overload feels like it's been about 10 minutes. Where you get to the point where you think you are going to break and you go deeper or you do break and the session sprints off in another direction. It's when you try to stand up and get your legs under you because they feel like absolute rubber or you are taking a shower after your session looking in the mirror at the acquired marks. And it's 2 weeks later when you are walking down the hall at work and suddenly recall something that happened in the session that you did not remember and you feel your heart beating a little faster, letting out an audible sigh with a big smile on your face........Far from a happy "liitle" place ;) Great Thread

TrackWarrior

I feel that I am in a good position to attempt an answer to this question, since I have been thinking about it more and more lately. I hope Mistress Ree comes across this post as well since we recently had a chance to explore this.

It's really hard to get into sub space. But when I'm there it's absolutely delicious. really, really exquisite. It's almost impossible to put into words. But I'll try.

Basically for me I feel that I am always thinking. People are always thinking, worrying, stressing about things. And these thoughts run some interference with your sexuality, your sex drive, arousal. thoughts dampen sexuality.

When I've been lead into this sub space, my mind is blank, I am not thinking. I am not acting, I am only receiving. I am a completely passive vessel. I am told what to do, I react. I am not thinking. With my mind out of the equation, I am more fully my body. all feeling, no thoughts interfering. This must also be why it's so hard to describe, because your trying to describe a period where you are without much conscious thought. It seems to me almost meditative, buddha-like.

It's hard to describe but it's really amazing. Like being on a drug really. You can tell me to do anything when I am there and I'd probably do it. without really thinking about it. From the outside I probably look very zombie like.

What I am realizing is that you can't get into this sub space in a one hour session. I've always done one hour sessions until my last one, which is when I was dipping into this zone. So don't expect to get there in a short amount of time. Another thing I notice is that if there is much talking, it becomes distracting and grounds me, brings me back. To get into this space there really needs to be minimal conversation, maybe just basic commands and that's it. Also, blindfolds, or like in my last session, a hood really helps. So I suggest a longer session, little talking, and being blinded would help get you there. Probably not very hard pain either, that might yank you back the present instead of drifting into space.

I consider myself lucky because the only prior experience I had was with a female who was considering being a domme, and she would practice on me once a week for about a year. We would go for 5 or 6 hours at a time, only stopping to stretch or bathroom. With that amount of time, and practice, we really got me going into sub space frequently and it was pretty amazing. Also, I think we were probably doing things that are not permitted at the fortress. Which is a realy shame!

Anyway, I hope that helps some people. Does it even make sense?

Mistress Ree, let me know if you come across this post as we were recently discussing this....

siggy

I feel that I am in a good position to attempt an answer to this question, since I have been thinking about it more and more lately. I hope Mistress Ree comes across this post as well since we recently had a chance to explore this.

It's really hard to get into sub space. But when I'm there it's absolutely delicious. really, really exquisite. It's almost impossible to put into words. But I'll try.

Basically for me I feel that I am always thinking. People are always thinking, worrying, stressing about things. And these thoughts run some interference with your sexuality, your sex drive, arousal. thoughts dampen sexuality.

When I've been lead into this sub space, my mind is blank, I am not thinking. I am not acting, I am only receiving. I am a completely passive vessel. I am told what to do, I react. I am not thinking. With my mind out of the equation, I am more fully my body. all feeling, no thoughts interfering. This must also be why it's so hard to describe, because your trying to describe a period where you are without much conscious thought. It seems to me almost meditative, buddha-like.

It's hard to describe but it's really amazing. Like being on a drug really. You can tell me to do anything when I am there and I'd probably do it. without really thinking about it. From the outside I probably look very zombie like.

What I am realizing is that you can't get into this sub space in a one hour session. I've always done one hour sessions until my last one, which is when I was dipping into this zone. So don't expect to get there in a short amount of time. Another thing I notice is that if there is much talking, it becomes distracting and grounds me, brings me back. To get into this space there really needs to be minimal conversation, maybe just basic commands and that's it. Also, blindfolds, or like in my last session, a hood really helps. So I suggest a longer session, little talking, and being blinded would help get you there. Probably not very hard pain either, that might yank you back the present instead of drifting into space.

I consider myself lucky because the only prior experience I had was with a female who was considering being a domme, and she would practice on me once a week for about a year. We would go for 5 or 6 hours at a time, only stopping to stretch or bathroom. With that amount of time, and practice, we really got me going into sub space frequently and it was pretty amazing. Also, I think we were probably doing things that are not permitted at the fortress. Which is a realy shame!

Anyway, I hope that helps some people. Does it even make sense?

Mistress Ree, let me know if you come across this post as we were recently discussing this....

siggy

Hey Siggy! Thought-provoking response. In our last session when you were dipping your toe into the vast ocean of subspace, how did it begin? Do you remember? Did I do something that suddenly put you there, or did it happen gradually? Are you aware of yourself entering subspace?

Hey Siggy! Thought-provoking response. In our last session when you were dipping your toe into the vast ocean of subspace, how did it begin? Do you remember? Did I do something that suddenly put you there, or did it happen gradually? Are you aware of yourself entering subspace?

I like where this is going...

Thanks for that very eloquent response Siggy.

I could really relate to seeing the zombie-like exterior of a sub in subspace. It's like they are simply being, not doing.

Completely undone.

I would suspect that perhaps this is the meditative state monks used self-flagellation to reach as well.

The first session I had with a mistress I was relatively terrified, maybe even so much so that I couldn't fully appreciate it though I did enjoy the experience very much. About a week later I was traveling and went to a dungeon in another city, and had an almost out-of-body experience. Every thing she did, every word she uttered, every boundary she pushed - it was as if there wasn't anything else in the world but that moment and her. At the absolute height she blindfolded me and used sounds. I was petrified but released myself completely to her. It was such a rush to just trust that while she had pushed me beyond what i thought I could handle she knew that I could and I gave myself to her. And I've never forgotten her.

That's probably the only time I've ever gotten that far outside of myself, but I'd really love to get back there again some time.

Hi Mistress Ree,

Tough questions! I think the first step is that I am already mesmerized by your beautiful figure, which helps a great deal :)

But as to how does it begin? It's really hard to say. I am not aware of myself entering subspace, it could be 20 minutes before I realize I'm there. I usually realize it when something starts to bring my into the present and I am about to get out of this space. Then there is a few seconds where I recognize this distorted feeling like I'm drugged up, before I snap back to reality. At which point I'm like damn, I want to be there again! I don't slip into it gradually though, it probably takes 5 minutes.

For me, I think being blindfolded is an essential first step. I had never tried the hood, and although it was a little big, it did the trick nicely last time. I was cut off from one of my senses - vision, and I think hearing was a little muffled also. This was essential in helping me fold into myself and be drowned away from my surroundings. It helps me not think as much about what I see and what is going on around me. And I tune out.

I think we were talking quite a bit last time and this kept my mind thinking of how to answer so I wasn't able to lose myself as much. I also think that any really sharp pain would probably bring me back to the present.

In a weird way writing all this out has helped me realize it's something transcendental, like meditation. Like being peaceful, blissfully unaware, but mixed with deep sexual feelings.

It's more located in the mind than the body, which I guess is why I always think of a Trent Reznor video when I think about it as it's more about a mindf--k for me than physical pain.

Make sense?

-siggy

It would be pretty neat to try again.

Hi Mistress Ree,

Tough questions! I think the first step is that I am already mesmerized by your beautiful figure, which helps a great deal :)

But as to how does it begin? It's really hard to say. I am not aware of myself entering subspace, it could be 20 minutes before I realize I'm there. I usually realize it when something starts to bring my into the present and I am about to get out of this space. Then there is a few seconds where I recognize this distorted feeling like I'm drugged up, before I snap back to reality. At which point I'm like damn, I want to be there again! I don't slip into it gradually though, it probably takes 5 minutes.

For me, I think being blindfolded is an essential first step. I had never tried the hood, and although it was a little big, it did the trick nicely last time. I was cut off from one of my senses - vision, and I think hearing was a little muffled also. This was essential in helping me fold into myself and be drowned away from my surroundings. It helps me not think as much about what I see and what is going on around me. And I tune out.

I think we were talking quite a bit last time and this kept my mind thinking of how to answer so I wasn't able to lose myself as much. I also think that any really sharp pain would probably bring me back to the present.

In a weird way writing all this out has helped me realize it's something transcendental, like meditation. Like being peaceful, blissfully unaware, but mixed with deep sexual feelings.

It's more located in the mind than the body, which I guess is why I always think of a Trent Reznor video when I think about it as it's more about a mindf--k for me than physical pain.

Make sense?

-siggy

It would be pretty neat to try again.

This is really interesting to me Siggy and I'd love to try a subspace-focused session with you. I'm assuming the tickling would be a hindrance?

I have actually been in sub-space only one time despite many sessions over the years. I think part of the problem for me is that I only session when I travel and have not had the time to establish a rapport with any one Mistress. I believe that sub-space can be achieved with a push / pull system meaning the sub has to desire and push for it while the Mistress also has to lure it while also pushing for it for herself. I think the ultimate goal would be for sub-space to be reached simultaneously with sub and Mistress.

Sub-space is the answer to the conflict between fantasy and reality.

This is really interesting to me Siggy and I'd love to try a subspace-focused session with you. I'm assuming the tickling would be a hindrance?

Hi Ree- you must be reading my mind!

I'd be really interested in trying this out too. I think i'm going to try to do some research online first to see how to set the stage for this kind of experience. If others have suggestions I'm all ears.

Tickling probably would not be so conducive to this, but I'm sure there is enough time to go back and forth, to explore sub space and then to mix it up with some other things. We would probably have to talk things out beforehand first so that we can orchestrate something good.

I'm always curious to see what your devilish mind has in store.... :)

If you can, let us know what some of your personal interests and strengths are, and what you like to explore too. Or would that have to be in the other forum.

I agree though, sub space sounds like a nice thing to try out...

siggy

my happy place is becoming the fetish fortress!

Hi Ree- you must be reading my mind!

I'd be really interested in trying this out too. I think i'm going to try to do some research online first to see how to set the stage for this kind of experience. If others have suggestions I'm all ears.

Tickling probably would not be so conducive to this, but I'm sure there is enough time to go back and forth, to explore sub space and then to mix it up with some other things. We would probably have to talk things out beforehand first so that we can orchestrate something good.

I'm always curious to see what your devilish mind has in store.... :)

If you can, let us know what some of your personal interests and strengths are, and what you like to explore too. Or would that have to be in the other forum.

I agree though, sub space sounds like a nice thing to try out...

siggy

That sounds excellent, Siggy, I can't wait! Some activities I really enjoy are: foot/armpit worship, tickling (haha), ballbusting/cbt (haha), hair removal, (force)feeding, electro, bastinado (haha)..... to name but a few ;)