People Watching Findings

Found this online of other people's people watching, specifically Asian "photographers"! It's like they're all saying "look at my ass!" LOL

post-18073-0-81389300-1342195900_thumb.jpg

post-18073-0-19284400-1342195907_thumb.jpg

post-18073-0-09395300-1342195912_thumb.jpg

post-18073-0-57253200-1342195916_thumb.jpg

These photos remind of when I used to go to this laundromat in Chelsea, there used to be this asian girl, about 20 years old, not homeless, she looked like a college girl, & she used to come in to the laundromat all the time with a camera, she never had laundry with her, & take pictures of the washing machines & dryers. She would open the doors of a washing machines & get inside shots & then she would stand on a chair to get a certain angle of the shot, maybe a school project in her photography class?, I don't know. I saw her come in about 3 or 4 times.

One time on the E train when it was sitting at a station with the doors open, a guy sits across from me in a trench coat, reaches into his pocket & pulls out a big handfull of skittles & throws them at me & then runs off of the train out of the station.

I was hangin' out outside of Gramercy Park when I was about 16 with my friends & some 30 something blonde lady wearing a black cape walks up to me & rolls her eyes behind her head & points her index & 2nd finger at me & says, the blessings on you from Satan & walks away.

Did you actually ask those DC sidewalk residents how to cook a gourmet meal??

Hmm...if someone came to the Fortress and met me dressed in an outfit like that I think I'd need some sort of explanation for it whether I'd suss itunctial out for myself or just ask her directly. Hopefully it'd be because she's the artist "type" and not the crazy type.

no, but i used to have one give me advice on girl problems. for a buck this one would give great advice on any topic such as picking race horses to helping disfunctional families.

Houston & Bowery

Anyone remember those squeegee homeless guys that used to always be on the corner of Houston & Bowery?

It started one day around '83 & it seemed like every homeless guy in the Bowery had a bottle of window cleaner, a squeegee & a roll of paper towels & whenever the cars would stop at a red light at Houston & Bowery, they would come up to the cars & start spraying your front windshield or side windows & then start wiping it with the squeegee or paper towels while you were beeping your horn & screaming, Get the fuck away from my car! I just washed it! & then they would walk to the driver's side window & wait for a tip & they always did a horrible job.

Some people would squirt them with the windshield wiper fluid & turn their wipers on to get them off of the car or even get out of the car & chase them away & some people, I think mostly out of town people who were afraid of NYC, would actually be too afraid to say anything & let them wash the windshield & then tip them or open the window & tip them first & say here's a tip, please don't touch my car. It seems funny looking back now but it was annoying when you would just get your car washed & then they would ruin it it 20 seconds. I don;t think they do it any more. I haven't seen anyone do it in years.

This thread really has me thinking about perception...look at all of this we're speculating about other people and imagine what they're saying about us! I was walking out of the Fortress the other day and I saw a man across the street and he nodded at me as I got into a cab and I couldn't help wondering...what does he think I do? Where does he think I'm going? I wonder if anyone in the outside world can tell I'm a domme...wonder if anyone knows that in my purse, next to my wallet and phone, is a length of rope and a pair of thigh high stockings ;)

I was just curious, the stockings in Your purse, were they Fully Fashioned Nylons?

Houston & Bowery

Anyone remember those squeegee homeless guys that used to always be on the corner of Houston & Bowery?

It started one day around '83 & it seemed like every homeless guy in the Bowery had a bottle of window cleaner, a squeegee & a roll of paper towels & whenever the cars would stop at a red light at Houston & Bowery, they would come up to the cars & start spraying your front windshield or side windows & then start wiping it with the squeegee or paper towels while you were beeping your horn & screaming, Get the fuck away from my car! I just washed it! & then they would walk to the driver's side window & wait for a tip & they always did a horrible job.

Some people would squirt them with the windshield wiper fluid & turn their wipers on to get them off of the car or even get out of the car & chase them away & some people, I think mostly out of town people who were afraid of NYC, would actually be too afraid to say anything & let them wash the windshield & then tip them or open the window & tip them first & say here's a tip, please don't touch my car. It seems funny looking back now but it was annoying when you would just get your car washed & then they would ruin it it 20 seconds. I don;t think they do it any more. I haven't seen anyone do it in years.

LOL yes I remember that. I didn't get my first car until 1993, it was a total lemon- gold '87 4-door Accord that leaked every fluid. It was soon swapped out for my second car, *not* a lemon, but a red '86 2-door Celica. I loved that vehicle :) There were less squeegies but there were still a few, you could still smoke in restaurants so we hadn't undergone the whole clean up yet.

There's a Mission nearby on the Bowery which would explain the cluster of dirty squeegies, but really they were all over NYC. They were at the end of exit ramps from the highways and almost every exit ramp off the bridges, large intersections, there was no limit to where their dirty squeegies reached lol

No Power Brakes

Me too, I was only about 15 when the squeegee scene began so I wasn't driving yet, but most of my friends were older & had cars, especially if they lived in the outer boroughs or NJ & usually they would give me a ride back to the city (one of them always owned Celicas as long as I've know him).

When I was about 19 or 20, I actually got dumped by a girlfriend for not having a license. She had just taken her road test & said I was too slow & needed to get my shit together. So as soon as I possibly could, I took the written test, driving lessons, passed the road test & received my license in the mail & when I ran into her again, she didn't even take her road test yet. I was like, you are to slow for me.

I got my first car around 1987, I think it was either a Nova or a Charger, I can't remember, but it was really beat up with no power brakes. You had to really push the brakes as hard as you can to stop the car. Anytime I would drive someone else's car. I wasn't used to how sensitive power brakes are & I would immediately stop short & skid & they would be like, what the fuck are you doin'? Calm down, don't fuck up my car.