Monster Storm

ThankUMaam

Wow - it is really gonna be that bad? - actually, I haven't been paying attention to it - I guess I should prepare for it if it's gonna be as bad as they say. Sometimes I forget we live on a tiny little island.

Sometimes people talk about if there was an earthquake in NYC, that's scary because the ground is hollow in most areas in Manhattan, there are usually 3 or 4 levels of subways underneath out apt. buildings - Every bldg. I ever lived in Manhattan, I could feel the subway vibrate, so I always wonder, are the steel beams holding up the train stations & skyscrapers strong enough to handle an earthquake and would the ground cave in & everyone fall a few hundred feet into the ground. Also, they say that there are pumps that keep the water out of the train stations so if a person is trapped underground, for a long time, will they be trapped under water.

Thanks, have a good one.

I hope it will not be as bad as they say. For Manhattan the biggest concern is the storm surge. You know the West Side Highway, imagine what a 10 or 15 foot storm surge in the Hudson would do. Monday and Tuesday look like the worse days, hopefully it will pass through quickly and we can be back to normal without too much damage very soon. I am planning to get to Manhattan Wednesday evening and I hope that things will be normal by then.

Thanks for the head's up everyone! How many of you wish you could be "stranded" inside the Fortress with all the Mistresses? The storm outside would be nothing compared to what was going on inside! I get cabin fever easily, but I'm sure I'd find ways to keep myself entertained ;)

Each of the Fortress Mistresses should have tropical storms named after Them, as They all certainly do pack quite a punch as well, pick your poison. But the Fortress actually does seem to be the perfect place to be stranded during a storm such as Sandy. In which case Mistress Jung, I am sure that You would find many ways to keep Yourself entertained.

Thanks for the head's up everyone! How many of you wish you could be "stranded" inside the Fortress with all the Mistresses? The storm outside would be nothing compared to what was going on inside! I get cabin fever easily, but I'm sure I'd find ways to keep myself entertained ;)

Stranded in the Fortress with all the Mistresses? I'll have to give that some thought. ;)

I live in Florida, yesterday A1A in Ft Lauderdale was closed due to sand and water on the road. The closest the storm got to where I live is 300 miles, and we've had winds between 25 and 40kts since Thursday. And we're use to it. The way they're talking it's going to be worse up there. I grew up across the river in New Jersey, and I can't recall anything that bad.

By the way I like Mistress Jung's idea. Take care everyone.

Just got back from the market. They changed the express line to under 40 items. LOL

The MTA is going to shut down at 7pm! I think this one is for real (famous last words).

As to Ms. Jung's 'stranded scenario' sounds like a hardship worth enduring. Of course, food and water will be limited and the Mistresses have dibs naturally. One of the Mistresses will take pity on me and will ask that I be allowed to share at least the water - provided it is filtered through the Mistresses first of course.

Mistress Jung,

To be "stranded" with you anywhere would be a dream come true :) I promise I would do whatever it takes to calm your cabin fever; after all "whatever Mina wants Mina gets")

That would be the meaning of life giving you lemons and making "lemonade";)