Paranormal Activity.

Mistress Ahn

Has anyone else seen Paranormal Activity yet? Its only playing at one theater and only after midnight, by popular demand.

I saw it yesterday, and although I didnt get scared it was enough to startle me! My heart was definitely pumping towards the end. lol

If you havent seen it yet, and you like horror movies, you should see it while you still can.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else seen Paranormal Activity yet? Its only playing at one theater and only after midnight, by popular demand.

I saw it yesterday, and although I didnt get scared it was enough to startle me! My heart was definitely pumping towards the end. lol

If you havent seen it yet, and you like horror movies, you should see it while you still can.

Sounds like my house when the "wife :evil:" and "kids :twisted:" get home!

Radiant Mistress,

I want to see that movie so badly. Sadly they aren't showing it in Canada. I love movies and shows about paranormal activity.

Horror movies with gore and stuff like that, not so much. Though I must recommend Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead, for its over the top comedy and gore, and Sphere of the Lycanthrope for amazingly well done special effects. (On a trivia note, Sphere of the Lycanthrope was filmed at the same high school the director attended, as did Denzel Washington.)

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

-Monokuro

I'm not much of a horror flick fan except around this time of year. I think "Evil Dead" is on my roster right now.

Evil Dead is probably one of the best horror movies of all time! lol

If you like that sort of thing, have you seen Drag me to Hell?

It had the same style Evil Dead did and was almost as amazing.

Radiant Mistress,

I want to see that movie so badly. Sadly they aren't showing it in Canada. I love movies and shows about paranormal activity.

Horror movies with gore and stuff like that, not so much. Though I must recommend Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead, for its over the top comedy and gore, and Sphere of the Lycanthrope for amazingly well done special effects. (On a trivia note, Sphere of the Lycanthrope was filmed at the same high school the director attended, as did Denzel Washington.)

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

-Monokuro

ALL of my friends have been telling me that I absolutely MUST see poultrygeist! I haven't heard of Lycanthrope, though it looks promising. Adding to netflix right now! Thanks for the suggestions!

I saw it yesterday, and although I didnt get scared it was enough to startle me! My heart was definitely pumping towards the end

I'll take your word for it. I checked movie times online but it looked like they were sold out. Do you know if this is really the case? :?:

Yea, its been selling out for every showtime, you've got to buy tickets like a day in advance.

I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE! None of my friends are into horror movies so I've been heavily lobbying for them to see this one and it looks like I finally have a taker :)

I checked last week and it didn't say anything on the website about show times; however, I checked today and it has listed 10 o'clock shows tonight (oct 5th-7th) and also a 12 o'clock showing on Thursday. I think they started playing it on more screens at the nyc movie theater. I thought it was only being played at 12, maybe they added new time showings too?

Mistress Ahn, I'm upset you didn't find it scary, I guess I'll have to settle for that heart pumping though :(

I'll report back to base with my review once I see it!

By the way, first time poster here... I saw this thread and had to jump all over it because of how much I've been hyping this movie... I then proceeded to scroll down and saw another one of your threads and I'm about to hop on that one too! haha. Horror Movies...AND...Video games? You've got to be kidding me, I didn't know girls like that actually existed. I think I'm in love :)

Mistress Ahn, have you seen "Suicide Club"? It's Japanese, 2002. It's my fave on my top 25 horror list. The societal nightmare and glibness of high school students is subtle and mesmerizing. The theme sets up a physical reaction in your body.

My second fave is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (US, 1950's). Black and white, sunny and bright optimism of the 1950's. Then one frightening idea gets developed and won't let loose. As a 10 year-old I saw every horror movie that came along, but this shook me up. Once again, it's the subtlety. Subtlety gets under my skin more than blood.

#3? You guessed it: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Texas, 1970's). This movie is not bloody and is in a different league from any of the remakes (5!) that followed. It is pure psychotic comedy on a very high level. Please watch this movie, the first one.

And of course, we won't mention #4 on my list, Audition (Japan, 2000), where the last 15 minutes caused a massive U.S. walkout. I don't blame them. I'm into pain, and I almost couldn't believe what I was watching. Anyway, She is the horror Domme of all time. Subtlety? Your call.

And yes, Mistress Ahn, "Drag me to Hell" was beautifully done, hilarious and sexy. Her attitude was wrapped in some timeless sexual aura. I loved her. I wanted her, even to hell.

Here's a few older "Horror" (some funny) flicks you might take a peek at.

Night Of The Living Dead (68 original)

Last House On The Left (72 original)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74 original)

Torso (74)

Halloween (78 original)

I Spit On Your Grave (78)

Blood Sucking Freaks (78)

Basket Case (82)

The first time I saw "Chainsaw", toward the end when the truck driver grabbed the wrench, some guy in the theater jumped up and yelled "HIT EM'...HIT EM' WITH THAT F***KIN' WRENCH!!! The theater exploded with laughter.

Ray

Some good recommendations on here. I'll add:

Suspiria

Bird with the Crystal Plumage

The Haunting ('63)

The Wicker Man ('73)

Andy Warhol's Dracula (hilariously daft)

Angel Heart (absurd, but incredibly moody)

OLDBOY (not a horror so much, but one of the best movies in the past 15 years)

Dead Ringers

The Fly ('86)

Videodrome

Hausu (aka HOUSE; Japanese movies from 1977; mind-blowing insanity)

deanroberts:

OMG I agree Oldboy is possibly one of my fav korean movies of all time. Have you seen sympathy for mr. vengeance and sympathy for lady vengeance? Both amazing, though not as good as Oldboy. OOOH and 3 extremes!! Though it has nothing really to do with the other 3 movies. We just happened to be talking about it at the office today which is why I bring it up.

Lashee:

Yes, I've seen suicide club. Although the only scene that really got my attention was the beginning subway scene. MASS CARNAGE! YAY!

Have you seen Battle Royale? One of my fav japanese movies. Though not really a horror flick.

Audition is another favorite. Oh takashi miike. "kuri-kuri-kuri-kuriiii" hehehe.

Bub:

Yes! We live. Take everyone you know!

Do you know it only cost $11,000s to make the movie and they've grossed over 7 million so far! Imagine?! That's insane. Paramount has changed it now so that there are showings all day long. I wonder why. lol.Let me know what you think of it!

Btw, if you like VGs, have you played fatal frame? A horror movie and a game all in 1!! I think fatal frame 2 was the scariest though, with the best game play.

Paranormal Activity = Domestic Blair Witch

Sorry, I have a hard time suspending my disbelief when I feel like the filmmakers are blatantly pulling my strings.

My favorite horror/suspense is still The Others.

I think thats the point of suspense thrillers though. To feel like the director is pulling your strings. I just think it was done very well in Paranormal Activity. I love looking around the theater and looking at everyone leaning forward or hiding partially behind their hands visibly holding their collective breath.

The Others? Really? With Nicole Kidman? With the M. Night Shyamalamadingdong-esque ending and no replay value whatsoever? I almost walked out of it when I saw it in theaters.

I have always been a big fan of this particular movie genre. Most of my favorite films have already been mentioned in previous posts under this topic. Whenever I try to compile a list of this nature, I am always sure that I will leave something out, which will eventually come to mind several days later, anyway the movies which first come to mind are:

Angel Heart

Dead Ringers

The Shining

The Others

Alien

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

Night of the Living Dead (original)

Rosemary's Baby

Audition

Deep Red

Dear Nistress ,

I agree with you about the movie, It was outstanding. My question is ,do you believe in paranormal activity,is it real ? I have spent a lot of time explaning my feelings to Mistress Kang. I have experienced real activity.I would like very much to speak to you about this.Before I get in trouble I better stop.Hope to hear your opinion I will work on seeing you.Spockme

I have always been a big fan of this particular movie genre. Most of my favorite films have already been mentioned in previous posts under this topic. Whenever I try to compile a list of this nature, I am always sure that I will leave something out, which will eventually come to mind several days later, anyway the movies which first come to mind are:

Angel Heart

Dead Ringers

The Shining

The Others

Alien

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

Night of the Living Dead (original)

Rosemary's Baby

Audition

Deep Red

Akiravn1

Totally forgot about Deep Red. I have a copy in my bookcase right in front of me. Alien, great movie. My favorite line in Night Of The Living Dead is at the end when the men are clearing the countryside a reporter asks the Sheriff if the ghouls were slow moving. His response: Yeah they're dead...they're all messed up.

A few more from the 70s. The Tenant with Roman Polanski, Hell Night, and Happy Birthday To Me.

When I first saw the Tenant I thought it was awful but amusing. There was a collective groan from the movie audience when it just wouldn't end. Now it has a cult status. I saw it as a double feature with Rosemary's Baby.

Just recalled another. The movie once voted the worst movie ever. Plan 9 From Outer Space (based on a true story)

Ray