Greatest Movie (and Show) Rants

Exquisite performance by Norton, for sure. One that comes to mind for me is Nicholson in A Few Good Men -- what a captivating performance from start to finish. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9FnO3igOkOk"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, not technically a "rant" but in terms of speeches, Alec Baldwin's Glengarry Glen Ross speech is hard to beat! 

Exquisite performance by Norton, for sure. One that comes to mind for me is Nicholson in A Few Good Men -- what a captivating performance from start to finish. 

Also, not technically a "rant" but in terms of speeches, Alec Baldwin's Glengarry Glen Ross speech is hard to beat! 

Ah!! I can't believe I forgot all about Glengarry Glen Ross!!  That is the absolute BEST rant.  

One that comes to mind:

Dear Ms. Kang:

I remember George C. Scott in "The Hospital" doing a rant about being impotent in the presence of a young lady. Of course they end up having sex. I am technologically incapable of bringing that segment to this Forum. Perhaps some accommodating soul will do me that favor.

Dannyboy

So many good ones! O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill is a heroine of mine for obvious reasons, and this scene is so gloriously satisfying (especially as a mixed-race lady ;)): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLvz5E61UNs. I remember first seeing this and being so captivated by her cool, reserved power contrasted with her controlled burst of fiery anger. Not to mention the impeccable aesthetics... so much dommespiration.

Dear Ms. Kang:

I remember George C. Scott in "The Hospital" doing a rant about being impotent in the presence of a young lady. Of course they end up having sex. I am technologically incapable of bringing that segment to this Forum. Perhaps some accommodating soul will do me that favor.

Dannyboy

Found it! George C. Scott was hot at that age. His son, Campbell Scott, is a silver fox.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be partial since I'm a veteran, but Gunnery Sargeant Hartman takes the cake.

https://youtu.be/3j3_iPskjxk

gene:

What a candy-ass, I got a tougher speech from my mother on the day I was born. LOL

Actually some of the rant seems to be copied from the one delivered by Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley in "An Officer and a Gentleman," played by Lou Gossett, Jr. That was on my mind as a favorite. 

Oh yes, there are a number of Devotees who are veterans.

Dannyboy

gene:

What a candy-ass, I got a tougher speech from my mother on the day I was born. LOL

Actually some of the rant seems to be copied from the one delivered by Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley in "An Officer and a Gentleman," played by Lou Gossett, Jr. That was on my mind as a favorite. 

Oh yes, there are a number of Devotees who are veterans.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy:

We can agree that it wasn't a tough speech; that claim wasn't made. I did find it enjoyable.

As for part of the rant being copied, R Lee Emery served as a technical advisor for "An Officer and a Gentleman" so I'm sure he had a good share of input on Louis Gossett Jr's character.