Site redesign...

Guest Mistress Kang

Guest Mistress Kang

I have a site redesign planned, the overall structure will probably stay the same but the design elements will be updated. Two things I want to add are:

Larger, easier to read text.

Clearer, easier to submit and read Player review system.

Does anyone have any other requests? Did you have any confused moments when you first tried to navigate the site?

I have a site redesign planned, the overall structure will probably stay the same but the design elements will be updated. Two things I want to add are:

Does anyone have any other requests? Did you have any confused moments when you first tried to navigate the site?

More "action" pics---of Mistresses in action with subs.

A surefire business magnet, trust me

More "hot" copy----like the stuff that goes with sets of pics (e.g Vu's on the Secretary, nurse and nudity pic series) or yours on your MistressKang site under photos. Imho, the latter is some of the hottest copy on the internet.

Surefire business generators.

Maybe refresh or sharpen the descriptions of the dommes??

Guest Mistress Kang

More "action" pics---of Mistresses in action with subs.

A surefire business magnet, trust me

I don't have to trust you I have the metrics:-) Male sub, female domme pics drastically drop session conversion- we've done multivariate testing on it.

The thing is guys love to watch a Dominatrix do whatever to a sub, but when it's *their* Dominatrix with another guy- not so good. Good for attraction, bad for retention- and we are a retention focused company (See Flip the Funnel), keeping our existing clients comes far before attracting new ones.

I and many of the other Fortress Players have sincere and meaningful friendships with clients. While subs *know* their Domme sees other subs, that does not mean they want to have their noses rubbed in it and see photos of their Domme with another guy. It would be rude and disrespectful to those loyal clients to post that kind of content and to be honest, the guys that request it are usually (but not always) the ones that actually session the least.

An honest photo of a Domme lets you know what you are getting, a staged scene does not play a role in that decision making process and is really only appealing for "self gratification" of the sort that does not involve visiting the Fortress;-)

On the other hand female sub, female Domme pics convert very well and don't hurt retention- and also lead to awesome three-way sessions (male and female subs, female domme etc). I will probably try to shoot more of those.

More "hot" copy----like the stuff that goes with sets of pics (e.g Vu's on the Secretary, nurse and nudity pic series) or yours on your MistressKang site under photos. Imho, the latter is some of the hottest copy on the internet.

Surefire business generators.

You are right, copy DOES convert well. I just have issues with "ghosting" it. First person copy that is not actually written by the Player in question is dishonest. It's meant to be a representation of the Player personality, if I write it- it's not. That's just Playboy nonsense "I like long walks in the park and puppies..." it has no bearing on the persons persona, just on what the copywriter thinks will be marketable.

Imagine you see something really interesting in a Player description and then when you bring it up in person she has no idea what you are talking about? Ghosting is standard practice but it's a "churn and burn" strategy- doing anything to get a client in the door without thinking what happens after that. I want loyal clients, not sessions. If you lie to people or misrepresent your services you have no right to their business in the future.

So gallery copy needs to be written by the Players in question. Some Players want to write it, some Players prefer to "bite" without a "bark" and do their talking in session. Making it a rule they have to follow runs counter to the culture we try to foster in-house. We are a Results Oriented Work Environment (ROWE), if a Player is beneficial to the brand, is retaining clients and has great reviews- why apply a pointless rule that may run counter to her personal style? (See Rework, it offers a good explanation on why to run a business this way.)

You have to understand that while most dungeons track number of session hours a week as a Player performance metric, the Fortress only tracks Player client retention. I don't care how many hours of sessions they do, All I care about is if a Player is good enough to make sure that once a client has seen her he never goes to another dungeon. If you consistently have a high retention rate, the number of weekly hours will follow naturally- the reverse does not hold true.

A player can be doing 10 hours a week- but if less than 10% return she's not going to stay on staff (this has happened). She can be doing 4 hours a week and I'd be thrilled- if she has 75% retention. We have a lot of tourists in NYC who CAN'T come back, so we have to adjust for that, but even still- any Domme who drops under 50% retention is ripping people off or sucks at her job IMHO. If I have a choice between encouraging work that improves mostly client attraction (copy, photos, video) or improves client retention (session cameos, skill development, forum participation etc) retention is going to win every time.

For example, posting on Max Fisch may get a Player new clients- but don't her existing clients deserve that time even more? That's why the Players post here and not on MF. You're loyal, you give us your business- you get our time. Not some bunch of clowns who *might* session one day.

We post hundreds of cold, honest pictures of each Player- why? Because dishonest pictures will get you a session, not a loyal client. Posting fewer, more flattering, retouched images would also be a "surefire" way to get more new clients- but that's not where we try to make our money. I get constant applications for new Players- but each new player drops overall facility retention until she is fully trained and competent. So to maintain that standard of service I can only hire when the numbers permit. It keeps our staff small, and growth slow, but it means there is a hard measure of skill and quality that is always maintained.

"Big" or even gross earnings is not the goal, no one gets rich in this business unless they are doing something really slimy. My goal is to be known as the best. On any given day, 75% of Zappos.com sales go to repeat customers- those are the kind of numbers I want to see. I want to be SO GOOD, no one ever tries another Dungeon again.

This is why you don't see us doing many of the things other Dungeons do- we are aiming at an entirely different target. Keeping clients, not tricking them in the door. When you see us not doing something that seems "obvious" or "surefire", usually it's because:

A. We have access to the hard metrics and know exactly what it is worth.

B. It runs counter to our Culture

C. It would improve client attraction but at the cost of retention.

D. We may not know people want it, ask why we don't do it :)

I appreciate the input though, I just don't want people to think I am dense or ignoring them when certain things are not acted on :D

I don't have to trust you I have the metrics:-) Male sub, female domme pics drastically drop session conversion- we've done multivariate testing on it.

The thing is guys love to watch a Dominatrix do whatever to a sub, but when it's *their* Dominatrix with another guy- not so good. Good for attraction, bad for retention- and we are a retention focused company (See Flip the Funnel), keeping our existing clients comes far before attracting new ones.

I and many of the other Fortress Players have sincere and meaningful friendships with clients. While subs *know* their Domme sees other subs, that does not mean they want to have their noses rubbed in it and see photos of their Domme with another guy. It would be rude and disrespectful to those loyal clients to post that kind of content and to be honest, the guys that request it are usually (but not always) the ones that actually session the least.

An honest photo of a Domme lets you know what you are getting, a staged scene does not play a role in that decision making process and is really only appealing for "self gratification" of the sort that does not involve visiting the Fortress;-)

On the other hand female sub, female Domme pics convert very well and don't hurt retention- and also lead to awesome three-way sessions (male and female subs, female domme etc). I will probably try to shoot more of those.

Awesome thoughtful response. Makes me feel good about being a Fortress client/bitch

Pretty much all of it makes a Lot of sense.

I am surprised about the pics results you describe; I guess I am an exception.

I totally agree with the idiocy of ghostwritten copy.

I did want to let the women know that any efforts they do expend on copy are indeed much appreciated. Personally I feel more informed and motivated to session by quality domme-written copy than by client reviews

Thanks Jessy.

:D

I appreciate your comments and your analysis; and by the way I fully agree. Having said that, I have two minor suggestions. First, at least I would find it more "user friendly" if the screen was white background with black lettering rather than the current reverse. Second, anything you could do to improve the stability of the platform would be much appreciated. It is very frustarting having composed a post to have it vanish because the connection is droped and there is no way to recover it but simply have to start from scratch. If more suggestions occur to me I will pass them on.

Frank

Dear Mistress Kang,

Your extremely smart business sense and upstanding values of integrity are extremely admirable and contribute to making you the ultimate Mistress and perfect fit for The Fortress. I can't imagine that anyone reading this post of yours would not make The Fortress their first and only choice.

Guest Mistress Kang

First, at least I would find it more "user friendly" if the screen was white background with black lettering rather than the current reverse.

Go to the upper left- My Settings. Down in the lower left hand corner where it says "Fortress" and "English USA" change "Fortress" to "IP.Board". That should offer better contrast :)

Second, anything you could do to improve the stability of the platform would be much appreciated. It is very frustarting having composed a post to have it vanish because the connection is droped and there is no way to recover it but simply have to start from scratch.

Really? Still doing it? Ok will have the tech check the logs...

Go to the upper left- My Settings. Down in the lower left hand corner where it says "Fortress" and "English USA" change "Fortress" to "IP.Board". That should offer better contrast :)

Does not allow the change from "English.USA" to "IP.Board". It only has the "english" option in the drop down. Sorry, may be I am missing something.

To follow on - "Fortress" is the only option in the drop-down; does not have IP.Board

distance training .. phone/web .. would be so nice .. i enjoy the Forum .. but the phone/web would help to develop and keep up the 'relationship' ..

membership to the other forum would be something i'd take advantage of .. it sucks that i can't visit the Fortress on a regular basis being that i live so far away .. ugh

thats it for me ... love you all xoxo scl

Try now

Found it and I think it is vastly better. However, it does not carry over to the boards themselves or to the individual messages (those are still black background and white letters). Also by changing to IP.Board I no longer see the "Messenger" tab on the top row. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Guest Mistress Kang

Found it and I think it is vastly better. However, it does not carry over to the boards themselves or to the individual messages (those are still black background and white letters). Also by changing to IP.Board I no longer see the "Messenger" tab on the top row. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Things get moved around between skins. "Messenger" is in the menu under your username on the upper right. Individual board skins can be changed with the dropdown on the lower left. Lets save any additional forum tech support for another thread? Getting a bit off topic...

Guest Mistress Kang

LMAO. Wonder how those metrics would look?

Horrible I'm sure. Would probably get tons of hate mail from idiots without a sense of humor.

HAHAHA! I'd want to be redone as one of the tractor girls. All that hard bouncing is bound to have some pleasant side effects ;)

You get a KOREAN tractor girl:

Propaganda Poster

Oh, and your new uniform is on it's way :lol:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/SimScL83ORI/AAAAAAABCQ8/l1U1sQ9q4xY/s640/847642178_7d47e09728.jpg

Oh look, a young Korean with her first flogger:

Gallery Two - Kim Jeong-Sook - Pg. 41b

...and a dead dude in the snow- SOME young lady forgot the safeword. Newbie mistake, they don't session again if you kill 'em.

The site design is already very nice and I saw the new logo from the video. From the sounds of it, everything is going to be just another step that enhances the experience.

One thing, and maybe its just me using Firefox, but I get a new tab when I select a "player" link, the again if I choose a gallery. I'm not sure if that's the intent or just browser specific.

Guest Mistress Kang

The site design is already very nice and I saw the new logo from the video. From the sounds of it, everything is going to be just another step that enhances the experience.

One thing, and maybe its just me using Firefox, but I get a new tab when I select a "player" link, the again if I choose a gallery. I'm not sure if that's the intent or just browser specific.

Yup, those open in new tabs in all browsers since people want to look at several players at once (and few know how to open a link in a tab). Annoying?

Horrible I'm sure. Would probably get tons of hate mail from idiots without a sense of humor.

You get a KOREAN tractor girl:

Propaganda Poster

Oh, and your new uniform is on it's way laugh.gif

http://lh5.ggpht.com..._7d47e09728.jpg

Oh look, a young Korean with her first flogger:

Gallery Two - Kim Jeong-Sook - Pg. 41b

...and a dead dude in the snow- SOME young lady forgot the safeword. Newbie mistake, they don't session again if you kill 'em.

That's not a flogger, it looks like a fungo bat. She beat him senseless with a fungo bat.

Yup, those open in new tabs in all browsers since people want to look at several players at once (and few know how to open a link in a tab). Annoying?

OOOHHHH. Sorry Mistress, that actually makes a good deal of sense for those that want to do that. I usually just right click if I want multiple tabs. It sounds like its better for others though, so its certainly something that I can deal with. I'd leave it then, I just didn't immediately know the reason behind it.

Things get moved around between skins. "Messenger" is in the menu under your username on the upper right. Individual board skins can be changed with the dropdown on the lower left. Lets save any additional forum tech support for another thread? Getting a bit off topic...

Agreed and thank you!

Dear Ms. Kang,

While 'text' size is very personal, most browsers decide what your size currently is. I use Firefox and I can change the size of the text under the 'view' menu.

When it comes to site design there is a awesome gentleman by the name of Jacob Nielsen who is a fellow at Sun.

His website contains good tips for good web design and can be found here useit.com: Jakob Nielsen on Usability and Web Design

I must say I really found the current design very good and I'm looking forward to see what you can whip up :-)

HD.

Dear Ms. Kang,

While 'text' size is very personal, most browsers decide what your size currently is. I use Firefox and I can change the size of the text under the 'view' menu.

When it comes to site design there is a awesome gentleman by the name of Jacob Nielsen who is a fellow at Sun.

His website contains good tips for good web design and can be found here useit.com: Jakob Nielsen on Usability and Web Design

I must say I really found the current design very good and I'm looking forward to see what you can whip up :-)

HD.

Useit.com might be a little hardcore to dig through for non-professionals.

My background is Web creative (creative strategy and art direction) and User Experience (UX) for Fortune 100/500. (Not bragging, just giving creds).

Rule of thumb: at the very least use a 12pt typeface. Also, reversed typed (such as on here: white type on black background) is a strain on the eyes. (Sorry).

I'd be happy to look at your site design in-progress to help identify any UX/Usability issues.