Quarantine Movies and Shows

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Spermwhale said:

Just binged watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. Never saw it before. Excellent show!

Breaking Bad is SO good! I've rewatched it least 2x now. There's a follow up "movie" that sort of wraps things up. It wouldn't be good as a stand alone but it works if you're a BB fan. Have you seen it? It's called El Camino on Netflix.

20 minutes ago, Mistress Kang said:

Breaking Bad is SO good! I've rewatched it least 2x now. There's a follow up "movie" that sort of wraps things up. It wouldn't be good as a stand alone but it works if you're a BB fan. Have you seen it? It's called El Camino on Netflix.

Hi Mistress Kang, funny you should mention that, I watched El Camino last night. It was ok, as a fan of the show I found it interesting. His stoner friends made me laugh. I also checked out the spinoff Better Call Saul. It's no where near as good as BB, but I always got a kick out of the Saul character. The character actor from all those Eddie Murphy flicks from the 80s,

Jonathan Banks was also very good 

17 hours ago, The Spermwhale said:

Just binged watched all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad. Never saw it before. Excellent show!

I liked Breaking Bad (Except the last episode with the M60 machine gun.  That was stupid.)  but I like Better Call Saul better.

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

I liked Breaking Bad (Except the last episode with the M60 machine gun.  That was stupid.)  but I like Better Call Saul better.

I started watching Saul, almost done with season 1. Find it slow. The Saul character is funny though. Has some good lines. The nickname and catch phrase reminds of another lawyer "Don't Worry" Murray.

Guest Xrispy

I just watched Nanook of the north. One of my favorites since my 4th grade teacher use to screen it for us regularly on 16mm film. I’ve also been checking out this documentary on the shaolin monks. The last episode my man hung from a rope around his neck for 20 minutes and then took 40 blows to his throat with a 3 diameter wooden pole, each pole  breaking  as it landed on his Adam’s apple. I suppose these guys don’t need a dominatrix. 

Guest Xrispy

Also I have been watching “they called him Lee” over and over. But  Jazz is not so popular these days. An interesting look into the dynamics of the masculine and the feminine. Heroin. and some of the best hard bop ever!

3 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

Watched reruns of "The Lone Ranger" hoping to find the scene where Tonto says to the Long Ranger "What you mean 'WE' white man?" I found it in "MAD" magazine so many years ago but never in an actual episode. Crushed.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy:

I remember that, but I'm not sure where I saw it. Do you remember Gary Larson's "The Lone Ranger in Retirement?"

Ray

19 hours ago, Big Trouble Baby said:

Dannyboy:

Wow! You're the only person I've ever known who remembers Eddie Miles.

Ray

Ray:

Pure coincidence that you asked that question. I remember attending a number of professional  basketball games at the armory on Lexington Ave including a playoff game. That's how unimportant the Knicks were to the old Madison Square Garden when other seasonal events took place. That was when Dick Barnett played for the Syracuse Nationals along with Dolph Schayes. Remarkable how a film from 1955 over 60 years later spurs connections purely random. I guess that's the definition of random. 

Dannyboy

20 hours ago, Big Trouble Baby said:

Dannyboy:

I remember that, but I'm not sure where I saw it. Do you remember Gary Larson's "The Lone Ranger in Retirement?"

Ray

Ray:

I don't remember that one. Perhaps I'll check into it. Mad Magazine presented a cartoon showing the Lone Ranger and Tonto surrounded by thousands of Indians. He says to Tonto: Looks like we've had it kemosabe. Tonto responds "What you mean 'WE' white man?"

Dannyboy

16 hours ago, The Spermwhale said:

"Beware of Mr. Baker" about the best drummer of our lifetime, Ginger Baker is an interesting watch.

SW:

The only film I remember about a drummer is "The Gene Krupa Story" and I had the good fortune to see him perform live over 50 years ago.

Dannyboy

Guest Xrispy

Ginger Baker is completely insane! I love that movie! But really the best drummer?You must never have seen Elvin Jones play. Now Gene Krupa is one swinging cat. Another topic altogether Is vlogger

Li Ziqu. Maybe she’s communist propaganda but damn she makes Martha Stewart look retarded! I’m so hungry!

On 4/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, The Spermwhale said:

I started watching Saul, almost done with season 1. Find it slow. The Saul character is funny though. Has some good lines. The nickname and catch phrase reminds of another lawyer "Don't Worry" Murray.

I can't remember "Don't Worry" Murray!  But I really want to watch"Beware Mr. Baker" now.  I'm a drummer so it has me so interested!

On 4/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, Jayman said:

1917 is the best film I've seen in a very long time.  I wish I saw it in the theater.  Everything is intense.  I have to admit that I'm a little biased based on my military history as a combat infantryman.  War was the most insane experience that I've ever had to go through in my entire life.  What we are all experiencing now is a close second but completely different.

From a technical standpoint the film is amazing.  Everything is almost perfect.  The cinematography is mind blowing and it's so well written.  I love the score!  It's subtle and the piano and strings build up and become overwhelming at points.  Films this good are becoming the reason I started to hate superhero movies.

I hope everyone is safe,

Best,

Jayman

Yessss!  Loved 1917 ?  I saw it in an IMAX theater and was so glad I did.  With popcorn ?  Does everyone know how much I love popcorn LOL. 

Be well jayman ? 

On 4/23/2020 at 11:32 AM, Jayman said:

On 4/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, Jayman said:

I can't remember "Don't Worry" Murray!  But I really want to watch"Beware Mr. Baker" now.  I'm a drummer so it has me so interested!

Don't Worry Murray is an actual attorney who specializes in criminal defense up in the Bronx. It's a pretty colorful name.

Beware of Me Baker is an excellent documentary. Ginger Baker is an interesting character and period with Cream and Blind Faith is the sweet spot for me of music. That whole era in rock and blues is what I was exposed to as a kid and made me love music. He was a big part of that. He's totally psychotic, but under it you can see a sensitivity. There's alot of misery, drug addiction and insanity there clouding everything, but I believe he was a  musical genius.

On 4/21/2020 at 5:49 PM, JustAGuy said:

Oh yeah, there's some really amazing performances in this movie.  I love the variation in how many lines each one could be trusted to say!  "Mr. Fabulous" Alan Rubin can actually do a scene with Belushi and Ackroyd.  Blue Lou and Donald "Duck" Dunn...not so much.  Aretha Franklin comes off like Dame Judy Dench compared to most of these guys when she acts!

The Mr Fabulous scene and n the restaurant was great. Did you recognize the waiter?