Quarantine Movies and Shows

23 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I love the Karate Kid movies! And the cheesy 80s music too ? I watched the first season of Cobra Kai  It was an easy watch. How many more seasons are there?

That's cool. I saw the first two Karate Kid movies. The theme from Karate Kid 2 was cool, "Glory of Love " by the singer from the band Chicago. 

Cobra Kai has three seasons. They can be a bit cheesy but I enjoy the trip down memory lane. Like you said, it's an easy watch.  :)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, The Spermwhale said:

That's cool. I saw the first two Karate Kid movies. The theme from Karate Kid 2 was cool, "Glory of Love " by the singer from the band Chicago. 

Cobra Kai has three seasons. They can be a bit cheesy but I enjoy the trip down memory lane. Like you said, it's an easy watch.  :)

That’s another movie classic - “Glory of Love.”  Fun fact - did you know I love Chicago? 

18 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

That’s another movie classic - “Glory of Love.”  Fun fact - did you know I love Chicago? 

You love all the cool stuff Mistress Jung! Love Chicago too! Just saw an old clip on youtube when they were the "Chicago Transit Authority" doing an old Steve Winwood tune called "I'm a Man". Love it. They had a kind of Santana sound . 

Speaking of 80s  love songs, Don Henley's "Heart of the Matter" always made me feel good and spoke alot of truth :)

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:26 PM, Williscreg said:

that's a good one. I never expected i gonna like it. Casablanca is one of my old faves too

The movies from many years ago were deeper and more complicated than those of the recent past. I rarely see a remake that's anywhere as good as the original.

Rewatched "The Omen." That's still a heavy.

Dannyboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:33 PM, Dannyboy said:

Watched: 12 Angry Men (1957.)

Dannyboy

Great movie.  YEEEEARS ago I worked at a video store, and some lady asked me to recommend a good courtroom drama.  I gave her that, and she saw from the box that it was in B&W and handed it back.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:14 AM, roshnikhanna said:

I finished watching the Ken Burns series "The Civil War"

I'm actually watching his Muhammad Ali documentary right now.  It's good, but nothing really touches "The Civil War."

On 9/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, Mistress Ivy Lovelace said:

Binging on white lotus and 9 perfect strangers as of late! Highly recommend ?

I don't even know what 9 Perfect Strangers is, but now I've got the "Perfect Strangers" theme stuck in my head!

Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange...

On 9/20/2021 at 5:14 AM, roshnikhanna said:

I finished watching the Ken Burns series "The Civil War"

That's quite a commitment. I watch it once every 5 - 10 years. Coincidentally I watched "Gone With the Wind" just a few days ago. I might have been 9 or 10 years old when I first watched it. I see it in a different light each time. It is a story of The Civil War and many other human frailties.

Dannyboy

On 9/22/2021 at 5:27 PM, JustAGuy said:

Great movie.  YEEEEARS ago I worked at a video store, and some lady asked me to recommend a good courtroom drama.  I gave her that, and she saw from the box that it was in B&W and handed it back.

I got that reaction from my grandchildren. Adults, however, would miss many good and great old movies because of that attitude. Of course technology gives us the old movies in color now.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:27 PM, JustAGuy said:

I'm actually watching his Muhammad Ali documentary right now.  It's good, but nothing really touches "The Civil War."

I haven't felt the need to watch anything recently made about his life and career.  I saw many of his fights and a number of films from earlier times.

Dannyboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, GDH94 said:

Has anyone seen Squid Game on Netflix yet? I keep hearing good things about it!

I'm now on my third rewatch of it and I'm still picking up new things! It's SO damn good. Do you speak Korean? They say the translation to English subtitles (or even worse, dubbed) didn't do it justice.

14 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

I'm now on my third rewatch of it and I'm still picking up new things! It's SO damn good. Do you speak Korean? They say the translation to English subtitles (or even worse, dubbed) didn't do it justice.

I recently binge-watched the whole show! Sooo captivating. The visuals of the sets, the acting, the characters *chefs kiss*

Not very fluent, but enough to know that they butchered a lot of the dialogue that would have given certain scenes the extra oomph it deserved. While I was watching it I kept going, “Nooo, there’s more to that line! it actually means… … which ties into another … AHHH” e.g. There’s a line that goes. “You’re the kind of guy who doesn’t know he’s in trouble until you’re already in it” was actually in Korean, “You’re the kind of guy who can’t tell the difference between dong (shit) and tenjang (brown korean bean paste) until you taste it” LOL

But a friend told me you have to change the subtitle option from the default option English (CC), which is the closed captioning for the English DUB script, to just English, which apparently is much better. 

On a side note: I’m in LOVE with Jung Hoyeon (Sae-Byeok) and will be for quite some time

On 9/22/2021 at 5:30 PM, JustAGuy said:

I don't even know what 9 Perfect Strangers is, but now I've got the "Perfect Strangers" theme stuck in my head!

Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange...

It’s on Hulu! Nicole Kidman plays a “holistic” cult leader lol ??‍♀️ Worth checking out 

The quarantine has been over for some time although my watching of movies lives on. I watched Nebraska for the very first time. The main character, Woody Grant, played by Bruce Dern reflects how I look and feel right now. No haircut in 6 months and no shave in over 2 months.  Grumpy and cantankerous. It's all about pursuing a delusion and regretting the past.

Dannyboy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 8:19 PM, Mistress Kang said:

Princess Bride is a childhood classic. Loved it. Fred Savage was a "cutie" to me when I was a "cutie" LOL

Your proposal reminded me of this:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/man-charged-with-kidnapping-woman-forcing-her-to-watch-roots-to-understand-her-racism/

How did I miss this response?

I love the Mawwiage scene, my siblings and I still say that sometimes.  I don't think I would kidnap someone and force them to watch it, though.

ALSO - there was a Chinese girl with blonde hair on Jeopardy tonight!!!  She bet too conservatively on Final, got it right but didn't make enough money to win.  That's...sort of a Quarantine Show thread comment.