Quarantine Movies and Shows

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if anyone has mentioned in what they are watching, but at the moment I'm watching the German language Netflix series DARK.  I love watching motion pictures with subtitles.  I know head Mistress Kang mentioned how she really likes it a couple of years ago.  But I'm hoked on subtitles now.  Aside from that it is a very good, smart and mysterious show.  Wow need to slow down and produce better shows and movies and films if we can.  Lost faith in film a while ago.  

All the crap, and it is crap, that I'm working on at the moment are ridiculous American productions that lack nuance, ingenuity and soul.   A lot of it is trying to take advantage of the current state of affairs that we are finding ourselves in but it is COWARDICE!  The older films I watch have so much more integrity then what is been bieng made.

I hope you are all safe and well.

Best,

Jayman

6 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

Great movie and I LOVE the theme song!  Did you find it by Googling that same actor in "Enter the Dragon?"

No, I'm a fan of the 70s Shaw Brothers Kung Fun movies and somehow that one fell on my radar on Amazon. I saw it on cable years ago and was amazed how bad it was. So bad it was great.:) Plus a star studded cast, Scatman Brothers, Isaac from the Love Boat played a militant, Florence from.The Jeffersons had a cameo and that whole 70s dialogue. I was laughing start to finish. Very cool movie :)

On 7/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jayman said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned in what they are watching, but at the moment I'm watching the German language Netflix series DARK.  I love watching motion pictures with subtitles.  I know head Mistress Kang mentioned how she really likes it a couple of years ago.  But I'm hoked on subtitles now.  Aside from that it is a very good, smart and mysterious show.  Wow need to slow down and produce better shows and movies and films if we can.  Lost faith in film a while ago.  

All the crap, and it is crap, that I'm working on at the moment are ridiculous American productions that lack nuance, ingenuity and soul.   A lot of it is trying to take advantage of the current state of affairs that we are finding ourselves in but it is COWARDICE!  The older films I watch have so much more integrity then what is been bieng made.

Best,

Jayman

Jayman:

Just saw the 1931 German Classic movie "M" last week for the first time. I had seen the 1951 American remake before but this subtitled original was far superior and very disturbing.

Ray

8 hours ago, The Spermwhale said:

No, I'm a fan of the 70s Shaw Brothers Kung Fun movies and somehow that one fell on my radar on Amazon. I saw it on cable years ago and was amazed how bad it was. So bad it was great.:) Plus a star studded cast, Scatman Brothers, Isaac from the Love Boat played a militant, Florence from.The Jeffersons had a cameo and that whole 70s dialogue. I was laughing start to finish. Very cool movie :)

SW:

Have you ever seen Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)? Great spoof movie with a "feature" called A Fistful of Yen. It's a takeoff on Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. The first time I saw it I laughed myself into an asthma attack. It used to be shown as a double feature (dating myself here) with the Groove Tube.

Ray

12 hours ago, Big Trouble Baby said:

SW:

Have you ever seen Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)? Great spoof movie with a "feature" called A Fistful of Yen. It's a takeoff on Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. The first time I saw it I laughed myself into an asthma attack. It used to be shown as a double feature (dating myself here) with the Groove Tube.

Ray

I love that movie...You have our gratitude!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jayman said:

Best,

Jayman

Oooh! Dark looks good! It's on my list! Yes closed captions are my favorite, especially now that I've finally accepted they're not good for standup comedy shows LOL For a while I was ruining shows for myself..

On 7/12/2020 at 2:34 AM, Big Trouble Baby said:

SW:

Ray

I remember a boy putting this movie on at a party and his mother coming in and making us shut it off LOL  I have not idea how he heard of it or where he got it.  I never did see the rest of it ?

On 7/20/2020 at 10:24 PM, Mistress Kang said:

I'm currently watching Righteous Gemstones on HBO. Anyone seen it?

Now that NYC is open to filming again, I NEED Season 3 of Succession.

Hi Jesse,

Don't want to burst your bubble but the filming regulations for NYC are insane!  I can send them to you if you want but the mayors office of film and television have these unreal stipulations.  They basically want productions to just film in studios.  No permits for parking will be granted, you can only have a camera that's hand held or on a tripod.  The lighting and filtering is limited to just 3 stands.  It's crazy!  Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday my team and I have online meetings with Execs and producers for a bunch of shows created by someone you know of (We talked about him while we were playing a long time ago).  He wants to cross all the characters in his shows, Marvel style.  The studio heads are going mad because filming is so difficult.  And don't get me started about the unions and their demands.

Fuck COVID-19 to death!  I have to deal with finding ways around it so everyone in my industry can work every day.

Hope you are safe, happy and smiling!

Best,

Jayman

On 7/20/2020 at 11:09 PM, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I remember a boy putting this movie on at a party and his mother coming in and making us shut it off LOL  I have not idea how he heard of it or where he got it.  I never did see the rest of it ?

That movie would be way to offensive by today's standards.  A funny clip in it is an advertisement for a movie "Catholic Schoolgirls in Trouble". :)

On 3/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, Mistress Mina Jung said:

Jojo Rabbit!  Just watched it last night. Probably not for everyone but I really enjoyed it. Very clever humor and lots of subtleties that cracked me up!

I was rereading this thread for new show ideas. Jojo Rabbit looks really good! What did you watch it on?

2 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Oooh Kingdom looks good! I'm gonna watch it!

I loved Kingdom!!!!   It was fun as hell!

And I loved The Invisible Man!  It was way better then I was expecting.  Just wish they went into more detail about the actual Invisible Man and what made him such an f'd up narcissistic sociopath.  Still a good movie though.

Jay

On 7/12/2020 at 2:25 AM, Big Trouble Baby said:

Jayman:

Just saw the 1931 German Classic movie "M" last week for the first time. I had seen the 1951 American remake before but this subtitled original was far superior and very disturbing.

Ray

The original "M" is awesome!  I used to have the Criterion collection version on DVD a while ago.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:09 PM, Mistress Mina Jung said:

Ms Jung, it can be streamed on the VRV streaming service if you ever wanted to watch it. It’s kind of tame by today’s standards but I understand why it was so taboo when it came out.