Quarantine Movies and Shows

16 hours ago, Big Trouble Baby said:

Dannyboy:

Somebody Up There Likes Me is a good flick. Is The Collector about a butterfly collector who starts collecting women?

Just watched Hombre with Paul Neuman, and Liston-Clay from 64 and Ali-Liston from 65.

Ray

Ray:

Paul Newman played Rocky Graziano in that one. Rocky lived close to where I worked in the last years of his life. He would often show up at La Maganette, a restaurant in midtown on the East Side. That's the story of The Collector. Funny but the box the DVD came in has a butterfly just like Silence of the Lambs. I listened to the Liston-Clay fight on the radio as it was not televised at the time. Later I discovered that, in addition to Howard Cosell, Sam Cooke went into the ring at the end of the fight. Sam Cooke was shot to death later that year.

Dannyboy

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Big Trouble Baby said:

Recent views:

Atlantic City (1980).

Diner (1982).

The Stepfather (1987).

I Walked with a Zombie (1943).

Lilies of the Field (1963).

A Raisin in the Sun (1961).

The Day of the Jackal (1973).

Ray:

Didn't see The Stepfather or I Walked with a Zombie.  Don't know that I saw the other ones more than once or twice over the years. Secured a DVD with The King of Comedy. Been looking for years. Will watch it soon if I can.

Dannyboy

Watched The King of Comedy once again after searching for almost 2 decades to acquire it. The pathology of the main character, Rupert Pupkin, seems much more understandable now than decades ago. Tony Randall played a role in this story and I stumbled across some uncanny similarities that we both share. I doubt anyone could guess the two most notable of them. One clue, we are not both deceased, at least so far.

Dannyboy

Watched "The Collector" and "Pulp Fiction."  Last time I saw the first one was before my first ever session. I understand the deeper psychological roots of the theme much better now. Sometimes old favorites fade over time and other times they become much stronger as this one did. First time I ever watched the latter from start to finish without interruption. Much violence and gore but a powerful movie for many reasons. I now realize that the discussion in the film about foot massage was put there by the director who is known to be a foot fetishist. I had a connection with a Mistress who told me of her sessions with him.

Dannyboy

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 12:12 AM, JustAGuy said:

I watched the two 1990s Adams Family films, the ones with Rual Julia as Gomez, Angjelica Husten as Morticia and Christopher Lloyd as Fester.  The first one is funny but I'd forgotten how great "Addams Family Values" is, a definite example of a comedy sequel that's better than the original.  Two clips that will tickle Fortress-types:

Morticia on enslaving men: 

And this one I love even more.  I always wonder what Mistress Zito was like as a kid when I see this Wednesday Addams scene: 

Ahhh I want to watch this now. What platform is it on? I love Wednesday ? 

16 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

Ahhh I want to watch this now. What platform is it on? I love Wednesday ? 

I watched them on Amazon Prime for free months ago, but it's not free now.  I really don't understand how streaming services work anymore.  Like how they made a big deal about Wonder Woman 84 being on HBO MAX when it came out, and now it's not there!

A quick search suggests The Addams Family movies aren't free anywhere but can rented on Amazon Video, YouTube, etc.

6 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

I watched them on Amazon Prime for free months ago, but it's not free now.  I really don't understand how streaming services work anymore.  Like how they made a big deal about Wonder Woman 84 being on HBO MAX when it came out, and now it's not there!

A quick search suggests The Addams Family movies aren't free anywhere but can rented on Amazon Video, YouTube, etc.

Thanks for the info JAG ?

I started watching some interesting reviews of Kubrick movies on YouTube. I watched 2001 again and I'm interested to hear people's point of view on what the meaning of that movie is. What exactly is the monolith? What does the end mean? The great thing about his movies is that he let's you come to your own conclusion. His attention to detail is impeccable. His movies are very deep. The other movie I've been looking at is The Shining. When I first saw this as a teen , I was in an altered state and watching it with the crazy behavior and the whole "HERE'S JOHNNY"  thing, my friends and I were laughing at all the inappropriate times. I didn't find it to be a great movie either. Later on I learned an appreciation as it grew on me.  Before Kubrick made the film it is said that he developed  interest in subliminal advertising. I remember learning something about this, magazine liquor ads with naked ladies in the ice cubes of glasses of rum . Also the whole rock and roll thing, backward masking, Paul is Dead , I find all that shit fascinating. It shows the depth of the human mind. How much potential there is built in there and how much is not really known by our conscious ,but how much we intuitively know and see.  There are so many subliminal happenings in The Shining that there isn't enough time. So many theories about true meanings and multiple true meanings .  Once again, what your beliefs are and what you bring to the table will have a huge impact on how you interpret some of the nuances. Very cool to explore.  Hope everyone is healthy and well!

8 hours ago, The Spermwhale said:

I started watching some interesting reviews of Kubrick movies on YouTube. I watched 2001 again and I'm interested to hear people's point of view on what the meaning of that movie is. What exactly is the monolith? What does the end mean? The great thing about his movies is that he let's you come to your own conclusion. His attention to detail is impeccable. His movies are very deep. The other movie I've been looking at is The Shining. When I first saw this as a teen , I was in an altered state and watching it with the crazy behavior and the whole "HERE'S JOHNNY"  thing, my friends and I were laughing at all the inappropriate times. I didn't find it to be a great movie either. Later on I learned an appreciation as it grew on me.  Before Kubrick made the film it is said that he developed  interest in subliminal advertising. I remember learning something about this, magazine liquor ads with naked ladies in the ice cubes of glasses of rum . Also the whole rock and roll thing, backward masking, Paul is Dead , I find all that shit fascinating. It shows the depth of the human mind. How much potential there is built in there and how much is not really known by our conscious ,but how much we intuitively know and see.  There are so many subliminal happenings in The Shining that there isn't enough time. So many theories about true meanings and multiple true meanings .  Once again, what your beliefs are and what you bring to the table will have a huge impact on how you interpret some of the nuances. Very cool to explore.  Hope everyone is healthy and well!

Of all the Kubrick movies I've seen, 2001 and The Shining are the only two that didn't really care much for. I liked Dr. Strangelove, Paths of Glory, Spartacus, The Killing, and Full Metal Jacket, and I've seen them all multiple times. I saw the Shining when It came out and portions of it since, but never completed it. I've never seen 2001. Tried to watch it several times, but keep nodding off.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, The Spermwhale said:

I love when you talk deep to me PW? I do miss our conversations! Would love to explore this one more with you while slapping you around  and giving you a special power wash ?

16 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I love when you talk deep to me PW? I do miss our conversations! Would love to explore this one more with you while slapping you around  and giving you a special power wash ?

Give me a "special power wash". I think that's the most romantic thing ever said to me.:). I hope when it's safe you will true to your word....

On 4/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, The Spermwhale said:

That's hilarious! I didn't know you were hip to those movies. Over the pandemic ,I was  dorking out binge watching Cobra Kai. Have you watched those?

I love the Karate Kid movies! And the cheesy 80s music too ? I watched the first season of Cobra Kai  It was an easy watch. How many more seasons are there?

20 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I love the Karate Kid movies! And the cheesy 80s music too ? I watched the first season of Cobra Kai  It was an easy watch. How many more seasons are there?

I hear if the crane kick is executed perfectly (I.e. sub restrained property), there is no defense for it.  Just something I’ve heard, but I may have a defense that I could try.

There are 3 seasons so far of Cobra Kai.  All on Netflix right now.