Your Neighbors and Neighborhood

I just found out my cousin, who is a nurse in England, has contracted corona.  She's about my age (but has always lived a healthier lifestyle).  After my recent experiences, the importance of nurses really came to the forefront, and for her to get sick in the line of duty has me marking her as a frickin' hero.

Take this seriously guys!

On 3/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, Mistress Kang said:

Damn, that's fucked up ?

My neighbors are at each other's throats arguing loudly and slamming doors LOL

I saw a headline that divorces are up in Wuhan. If you're a newlywed it's a beautiful time, married a few years that situation can deteriorate into a Honeymooners episode quickly. Gives an opportunity to work on patience.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:25 AM, The Spermwhale said:

Who going to get snippy with you!?! Let me at them!  ----You're right , this is a surreal time.  Sept 11th was a surreal time also, but in a different way with different reactions. People had more camaraderie back then I believe. Although they're are people stepping up, the medical workers, the first responders, the grocery workers and truckers ,I'm disappointed in people in a way too.  People are ignoring the danger of getting older/sick people infected with this virus that can be fatal. And the hoarding of supplies , many one-way people out there.  

One thing I know is I have to realize that no matter what everything will be ok, no matter the outcome.  Healthy fear is good, like when Mistress Jung is about to kick you in the balls, but this cloud of impending doom shit leads nowhere.  

I love your pics and posts M.Jung! Please keep them coming! Hope to see you sooner then later:.-----Your loyal PW :)

I know what you mean.  Usually in crisis I can really feel people coming together.   Like you said not to discount the various workers saving lives and keeping things that much more comfortable for the rest of us but this does feel different. My guess is because this is so contagious and anyone can potentially infect you so defenses are high and understandably so.

15 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I know what you mean.  Usually in crisis I can really feel people coming together.   Like you said not to discount the various workers saving lives and keeping things that much more comfortable for the rest of us but this does feel different. My guess is because this is so contagious and anyone can potentially infect you so defenses are high and understandably so.

I know there is an air of hostility, I'm guilty of it too. When I take walks, no eye contact or pleasantries, I have a serious look that says STAY AWAY. Everyone is looking at each other like we have leprosy.  I'm hoping this turns around. In the meantime I have to mellow out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Jersey City there is good social distancing   Foot traffic is down as is car traffic.  I have seen very little congregation of groups larger than four. 

almost all are masking as no one can enter a store without a mask. 

No one close to me has been affected other than the couple downstairs in my walk up.  They have healed fine. 

A few assisted living facilities in the neighborhood.  15 fatalities at one, 10 at another.  Not people I knew, just sad though. With covid most people have to die alone with a stranger in a mask to be their last connection.

It seems like the corner (at least the first corner, who knows what the autumn will bring..) has been turned.  Parks open in NJ this weekend.  I'm feeling a need for a certain kind of session.  A restatement session.