respect

joey

• 7 months later...

What matters to me most is that you are on your elbows and knees when I enter the room. But my favorite title is still "General Zhao" :)

Well I absolutely agree regarding the elbows and knees. However, the general item will require clarification. Which specific level of general:

• Brigadeer General
  • Major General
  • Lt. General
  • General (4 star)
  • General (5 star)

These details can be important to ensure our correctly addressing you when you enter.

Your comments as always would be greatly appreciated.

I'm always fascinated how threads take their own path and move in directions that couldn't have been imagined by the author when he or she posted it. As for the topic I tend to err on the side of formality and call the ladies using the title of Mistress before their name. Unless I'm instructed otherwise and I will be more than happy to just call them Ms. or just by their first name.

whip

Take a wild guess, Howard ;)

If you get it right, I'll increase facesitting game time to one hour!

Well I absolutely agree regarding the elbows and knees. However, the general item will require clarification. Which specific level of general:

• Brigadeer General
  • Major General
  • Lt. General
  • General (4 star)
  • General (5 star)

These details can be important to ensure our correctly addressing you when you enter.

Your comments as always would be greatly appreciated.

Take a wild guess, Howard ;)

If you get it right, I'll increase facesitting time to one hour!

Well since there is no downside to guessing as I can not lose the 20 minutes of face sitting games I will go with General of the Army (5 Star).

I think there are some good points made but the consensus seems to be that a certain level of respect should be conveyed in how we are addressed. For some that may be in the name, others it may be in an overall tone I suppose. Personally, I'm OK with either or better yet, both LOL I've said before that I'll still do what I want no matter what a sub calls me ;-)

I'm always fascinated how threads take their own path and move in directions that couldn't have been imagined by the author when he or she posted it. As for the topic I tend to err on the side of formality and call the ladies using the title of Mistress before their name. Unless I'm instructed otherwise and I will be more than happy to just call them Ms. or just by their first name.

whip

I was thinking the same, in regards to the turn onto "Chauncey" LOL

You can be respectful while still being informal, I look for disrespect in the content of a post not a simple form of address.

I always find in funny in American TV shows when a character says "With all due respect, Sir" just before saying something disrespectful.

Stretching the definition of "all due" when they really mean "zero" LOL

Stretching the definition of "all due" when they really mean "zero" LOL

I always think when I hear this phrase in a response to something I have said, that the person is really saying one of two things "Up Yours" or FU. Either way you are exactly correct, there is zero respect. Whenever I hear the phrase I tune OUT whatever they are saying.

Well since there is no downside to guessing as I can not lose the 20 minutes of face sitting games I will go with General of the Army (5 Star).

Good to know my guess was correct. I base this on the fact that I have not received any notifications to the contrary. I will reach out to you regarding the hour of facesitting games.

I always think when I hear this phrase in a response to something I have said, that the person is really saying one of two things "Up Yours" or FU. Either way you are exactly correct, there is zero respect. Whenever I hear the phrase I tune OUT whatever they are saying.

People wonder why I walk away from them when they say "with all due respect". Go figure.