respect

joey

i see a lot of subs posting on these boards who address the dommes as Kang, Koi, Zhao, Sunya, etc. i don't feel comfortable with that. i think the prefix Mistress should always be used when addressing the dommes.

i had a mistress who ordered me to address her as Miss or Mistress. i did one better i addressed her as Superior Mistress.

i think it most respectful and proper to address the ladies of the Fortress as Mistress. or better yet, Superior Mistress.

what do you think?

Edited by Mistress Ree
to make topic open to replies and input

I agree Joey.

I am guilty of abbreviating the mistresses as MZ or MT but only after using the full title several times in the same post. And only in the interest of making the post read quicker.

If a mistress required more I would follow through immediatly.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. After all, where is the fun without a debate? (Keep in mind, this may not be my actual position)

First off, this is an internet forum. Most of the time, people end up quoting each other without saying the person's name or screen name. You don't need to when the quote block does it for you! Even then, I am not seeing all that many subs calling the Mistresses by their names with no prefix. If anything I see a lot of Ms. K or Ms. J, which still has a prefix. I think that is sufficient.

Maybe I am just a bad sub? When I am in a scene, I am just like the rest of the guys here. They are the mistress, I am the slave, and I'll do whatever it is they ask. Outside of that though, I tend to treat everyone like they are you know... normal humans. If I thought of myself as some subhuman, constantly servile, true to the word slave, I think I would quite seriously be depressed. I have enough self-esteem issues as is! Hell, I don't even know how I would manage my students if I couldn't even manage myself. I've had a single femdom relationship. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work. However, despite the relationship being clearly skewed so that I did the vast majority of the work (after all, it was my job to keep her happy), I still didn't call her mistress all the time. I don't know. To me, it is more of a play thing and less of a 24/7 thing.

Regardless, I still call the ladies - "Mistress" on the forums.

I suppose it's their way of convincing themselves that they're our near-equals...which we all know, could never be true. ;)

exactly, Superior Mistress Koi!

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to sound like a preachy a-hole. But.... Sorry. Not buying into this one. I think elevation of these women is just an unrealistic self-imposed way of putting objects of desire on a pedestal. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it is just wickedly unrealistic. These women aren't exalted. They are humans, with flaws like all of us. However... each one is special like every other human is special. It is about respect for the actual individual, not the ideal of what some perv needs that individual to be. Do I respect all of the ladies of the fortress? Absolutely. 100%. But, not simply because of a job they do. But because they are genuinely intelligent, funny, compassionate, and slightly off than your average person. If you need to prefix someone with the phrase "Mistress" then... awesome. If that's your kink, then go for it. But, also try to see and appreciate these women for the real, human, snowflakes that they are.

Hate to sound like a preachy a-hole. But.... Sorry. Not buying into this one. I think elevation of these women is just an unrealistic self-imposed way of putting objects of desire on a pedestal. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it is just wickedly unrealistic. These women aren't exalted. They are humans, with flaws like all of us. However... each one is special like every other human is special. It is about respect for the actual individual, not the ideal of what some perv needs that individual to be. Do I respect all of the ladies of the fortress? Absolutely. 100%. But, not simply because of a job they do. But because they are genuinely intelligent, funny, compassionate, and slightly off than your average person. If you need to prefix someone with the phrase "Mistress" then... awesome. If that's your kink, then go for it. But, also try to see and appreciate these women for the real, human, snowflakes that they are.

I think you are preaching to the choir for the most part. We are aware that the fortress ladies are 'human'. We hold them in higher regard - I think its a very natural reaction.