What's U're Happy Place?

I often have subs who tell me that from time time when a session is extremely going well, For example, I had a sub who I was beating quite vigorously that he wasn't dwelling in the pain so much, it was more pleasurable although anyone normally couldn't deal with such spanking..if you know what I mean..haha that "he" goes into this realm of euphoria? My question is what kind of feelings or sensations do u feel when u're off "in this world?"

Great question for the masochists and subs. There have been times in my years of BDSM play that I have been a total endorphine junky and often ascended to my happy place. I remember even having the sensation of rising up and looking down at myself, tied to a Saint Andrews cross and being absolutely ripped up by a braded cat-o-9. I have been influenced by the modern primatives movement and therefore connect these reactions sometimes to what's spiritual. But a total loss of control and ego to another, that feeling of powerlessness is a more potent, powerful happy place and one that is harder to reach;-)

d/leatherwings

Mistress Kim,

When I am off in that particular world and the realm of euphoria has definitely set in, it is usually created from a sense of total submission and for me, strangely enough that sensation is basically one of complete numbness. I really am not sure if that makes any sense at all, but it is the best way to describe what I am feeling at that moment.

• 3 years later...

I often have subs who tell me that from time time when a session is extremely going well, For example, I had a sub who I was beating quite vigorously that he wasn't dwelling in the pain so much, it was more pleasurable although anyone normally couldn't deal with such spanking..if you know what I mean..haha that "he" goes into this realm of euphoria? My question is what kind of feelings or sensations do u feel when u're off "in this world?"

This is another one of my favorite early posts. Disappointed that I never had a session with Ms Kim and miss her photos. Has anyone experienced this "realm of euphoria?" I imagine it would be similar to the "runner's high." While I've had the runner's high, I've never had this feeling during a session.

sometimes under intense pain i've had flashbacks of my childhood and even cried for my mother. other times i've felt euphoric and things seem to move in slow motion. on rare ocassions under intense discipline i can't remember, it's as if my mind blots out the pain.

This is another one of my favorite early posts. Disappointed that I never had a session with Ms Kim and miss her photos. Has anyone experienced this "realm of euphoria?" I imagine it would be similar to the "runner's high." While I've had the runner's high, I've never had this feeling during a session.

I've had a similar feeling, but I'm not sure it's quite the "runner's high" that has been described. I always have a little bit of this sensation during a session, but the strongest I felt was during a session with Mistress Zhao and Mistress Ree. I was in sensory overload - there was electrical play, spitting, slapping, hair pulling (mine, not theirs :) ) they were interrogating me aggressively and I was in pain and I felt a bit disoriented. At one point during this part of the session I had the most overwhelming feeling of love wash over me. Don't get me wrong, I love all the Mistresses (including ones I haven't sessioned with), but there was something very strong I felt for about 20 seconds at that time. It was very, very intense and actually caught me off guard. I can only describe it as maybe the feeling of a first kiss, or maybe a first date, or something along those lines (I believe EdgarAH has posted on this in another thread before) - you feel on fire with love and admiration like you would burst into flames. I couldn't believe how powerful the feeling was and how fleeting.

sometimes under intense pain i've had flashbacks of my childhood and even cried for my mother. other times i've felt euphoric and things seem to move in slow motion. on rare ocassions under intense discipline i can't remember, it's as if my mind blots out the pain.

I've had these euphoric feelings years ago as a runner, playing basketball, and even once in karate. Running was like floating in air. In the others, everything was in slow motion and I couldn't miss.

When enduring punishment, I've never been able to block the pain. Don't know if I even want to. I enjoy the fear and excitement of the next stroke. The crack and the sting on my flesh. I want to align myself with the pain. Becoming one with it. Fearing it but embracing it. Does this make any sense?

When enduring punishment, I've never been able to block the pain. Don't know if I even want to. I enjoy the fear and excitement of the next stroke. The crack and the sting on my flesh. I want to align myself with the pain. Becoming one with it. Fearing it but embracing it. Does this make any sense?

Becoming one with the pain and embracing it, makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I've had these euphoric feelings years ago as a runner, playing basketball, and even once in karate. Running was like floating in air. In the others, everything was in slow motion and I couldn't miss.

yes it does, woffyboy.

yes it does, woffyboy.

I don't know, Woffy. "Embracing the pain" sounds like a sideways version of the same thing. How can you embrace that pain and become one with it, if you don't get the endorphins? I think you're purposefully blocking the endorphins for a higher endorphin rush down the road.