The Art of Restraint

Mistress Rey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I am a domme, there is so much I wonder about- how the bottom feels. How does that electricity feel on the skin? Whats the feeling of the cane, the single tail, the paddle? Those steel nails? So I decided to focus on bondage: by shadowing shibari enthusiasts and 'riggers' to improve my skills. 

I realized something amazing about bondage that I was not aware of. That incredible subspace one can enter during the act of being tied up. That feeling of security, of letting go all control and feeling bonded with your partner. So far in my sessions, and sometimes because of time constraints, bondage in a session is introduced as a gateway to another another act, rather than an activity in itself. (Tied down for corporal punishment for example) So this weekend, I experienced bondage as an act in itself, and it was amazing.

I watched as the top ran ropes sensually along the bottom's skin letting them focus on the knotted texture of the rope. The remarked when they closed their eyes, it felt like cool (benign of course) snakes coiling around them, keeping them safe. Once they were snug in a chest harness, they were tied to a suspension rig and gently lifted off their feet. They remarked afterwards how relaxing it was to let go of control and how it gave them a sense of peace. They found it surprising because they always imagined to feel anxious if they lost their freedom to move, tightly bound in rope. 

In another workshop on a sunny Sunday by the pool, the experience was more erotically charged. The top used hemp rope to tie an intricate Shibari chest harness with the female subs hands tied behind her back. He gently rubbed the rope back and forth across her chest as he tied her securely. I could see her body melting against his as she fell into subspace, it was as if nothing existed for her but the ropes and her Dominant. He teased her nipples by pinching them between two ropes and gliding them along her chest, which illicted moans. At moments he would tie knots with a little violence, pulling her sharply, to remind her of her submissive position to him. Once tied, he ran ice along her back and nipples, (which must have been extra enjoyable as it was very hot and sunny that day.) Every part of tying, wrapping her in rope, tying knots, even untying and aftercare- was done to pleasure her.

Anyway, hope my story about my weekend inspired you as well, and feel free to add your experience with sensual bondage. I cant wait to incorporate some more sensuality in my next opportunity to tie someone. :)

• 2 months later...

Anyway, hope my story about my weekend inspired you as well, and feel free to add your experience with sensual bondage. I cant wait to incorporate some more sensuality in my next opportunity to tie someone. :)

Oh! Somehow I missed this back in July. This puts a whole new spin on bondage for me. I feel the way it sounds like the subs you watched felt before being bound and raised—I Imagine I'll feel uncomfortable or anxious once I'm off the ground. I love the sound and feel of rope, and the light bondage I've experienced has given me that safe feeling you describe, but it's only ever been, like you say, in service of corporal punishment and such. I wouldn't have thought I'd be interested in anything more intense, but you make it sound pretty amazing, Mistress Rey...

I am a domme, there is so much I wonder about- how the bottom feels. How does that electricity feel on the skin? Whats the feeling of the cane, the single tail, the paddle? Those steel nails? So I decided to focus on bondage: by shadowing shibari enthusiasts and 'riggers' to improve my skills. 

I realized something amazing about bondage that I was not aware of. That incredible subspace one can enter during the act of being tied up. That feeling of security, of letting go all control and feeling bonded with your partner. So far in my sessions, and sometimes because of time constraints, bondage in a session is introduced as a gateway to another another act, rather than an activity in itself. (Tied down for corporal punishment for example) So this weekend, I experienced bondage as an act in itself, and it was amazing.

I watched as the top ran ropes sensually along the bottom's skin letting them focus on the knotted texture of the rope. The remarked when they closed their eyes, it felt like cool (benign of course) snakes coiling around them, keeping them safe. Once they were snug in a chest harness, they were tied to a suspension rig and gently lifted off their feet. They remarked afterwards how relaxing it was to let go of control and how it gave them a sense of peace. They found it surprising because they always imagined to feel anxious if they lost their freedom to move, tightly bound in rope. 

In another workshop on a sunny Sunday by the pool, the experience was more erotically charged. The top used hemp rope to tie an intricate Shibari chest harness with the female subs hands tied behind her back. He gently rubbed the rope back and forth across her chest as he tied her securely. I could see her body melting against his as she fell into subspace, it was as if nothing existed for her but the ropes and her Dominant. He teased her nipples by pinching them between two ropes and gliding them along her chest, which illicted moans. At moments he would tie knots with a little violence, pulling her sharply, to remind her of her submissive position to him. Once tied, he ran ice along her back and nipples, (which must have been extra enjoyable as it was very hot and sunny that day.) Every part of tying, wrapping her in rope, tying knots, even untying and aftercare- was done to pleasure her.

Mistress,

Your description of the eroticism for both the dominant and the submissive in shibari rope restraint is true--but not a universal phenomenon. Personally, I prefer quick restraints--handcuffs, linked chain with D-rings, wrist and ankle cuffs--to the long process of rope restraint, both as a submissive and when I've dominated. I watched a dom use special rope to tie up his submissive and it is true--both became aroused by the mere act of tying the restraint, even before any more profound BDSM activity.

• 1 year later...

One of my favorite ways to tie limbs is in this fashion- with rope. It has only occurred to me once I saw this image that I could achieve the same effect with tape....

ec100-model-lay_400_255.jpg

I can corroborate this. During our session, you tied my legs in exactly this fashion. Initially,  I may have  objected, but because I was pretty tightly gagged,  all I could muster was a "mmphh-mmphh-mmphh ."  I can't wait to get back to the Fortress again. 

Mistress,

Your description of the eroticism for both the dominant and the submissive in shibari rope restraint is true--but not a universal phenomenon. Personally, I prefer quick restraints--handcuffs, linked chain with D-rings, wrist and ankle cuffs--to the long process of rope restraint, both as a submissive and when I've dominated. I watched a dom use special rope to tie up his submissive and it is true--both became aroused by the mere act of tying the restraint, even before any more profound BDSM activity.

Tend to agree.  The other practical issue with extremely artistic bondage is that it is barely less artistic to remove.  If there's a cramp, numbness or just a position that has limited sustainability - the whole package needs to be unwound.  Not that big a deal with 4 cuffs and 4 keyed-alike locks.

Tend to agree.  The other practical issue with extremely artistic bondage is that it is barely less artistic to remove.  If there's a cramp, numbness or just a position that has limited sustainability - the whole package needs to be unwound.  Not that big a deal with 4 cuffs and 4 keyed-alike locks.

I can finally disagree. I witnessed a woman who trained in Japan create the most beautiful shibari works of art in seconds, and constructed it in a way that she could unravel it with a few tugs. Quite inspirational and something to work towards.

I can finally disagree. I witnessed a woman who trained in Japan create the most beautiful shibari works of art in seconds, and constructed it in a way that she could unravel it with a few tugs. Quite inspirational and something to work towards.

Touché.  But there's still a place in the world for a well-placed lock.