What is your session day ritual?

A question for fortress submissives,

On the days you session do you follow a particular ritual that enhances your experience or is just integral to the process of coming to visit as a whole? After session, I am always very interested to know where you are headed next. First, it lends me more insight into who you are as a person. Second, I like to entertain the idea of my slave doing something like returning back to his desk, going to dinner with friends, etc. while only we know what kind of sadistic fun went on earlier. However some of you, I've noticed, have a ritual! You head to the spa after like clockwork, or you always stop to eat at your favorite Chinese restaurant, some of you need to go straight to bed right after, not sure if you could socialize normally after submitting to the Fortress ladies. So, who on the forum is a creature of habit? Will you share with me your ideal session day and what you like to do before/after?

-Mistress Zito

I also come in from out of town, I usually stay a few days in the city. My routine changes due to Mistress availability, when my flight lands and if I am going to a game or concert. My upcoming visit has me landing at 2:00 pm , and going to see Billy Joel in the evening. Not sure if I want to cram in a session before the show; I did that once and it was a great night. My ultimate session day would be a session at the Fortress, dinner on Mulberry street, and Billy Joel at night. Don't know if the timing would work out this trip for all of that; may have to contact booking to see if they offer a variation on dinner and domination. Domination and a concert? Dinner before or after? How's that sound to you Mistress Zito?

Mistress Zito, I come in from Boston so I usually drive back/take the bus after a session.

There was a weekend where some friends and I took a weekend trip to NYC. That night we were planning to head to a bar so I excused myself under the pretense of wanting to see an old friend. I said I'd be tied up for a few hours and that I'd meet up with them wherever afterwards  ;)

I could catch a very faint, subtle scent of my Mistress periodically through the night which would make me zone out, thinking about the session I just had. I find it funny that they'll never know what kind of fun I just had!

I normally come in from out of town, so it usually means coming from and going to the airport. But I try to relax as much as possible before the session because it usually takes a lot of energy to session with you dommes . Afterwards it is back to the airport where I have that "good" sore feeling that brings a sense of relaxation as I wait for my flight thinking about the wonderful abuse I just endured.

Do you fly here just to session? That's the type of devotion I appreciate! Willing to travel to session with the best ;)

I also come in from out of town, I usually stay a few days in the city. My routine changes due to Mistress availability, when my flight lands and if I am going to a game or concert. My upcoming visit has me landing at 2:00 pm , and going to see Billy Joel in the evening. Not sure if I want to cram in a session before the show; I did that once and it was a great night. My ultimate session day would be a session at the Fortress, dinner on Mulberry street, and Billy Joel at night. Don't know if the timing would work out this trip for all of that; may have to contact booking to see if they offer a variation on dinner and domination. Domination and a concert? Dinner before or after? How's that sound to you Mistress Zito?

I have done both dinner before and after, and both really do have their positives. When you do dinner after the session, much of the ice is already broken, which is why I think its a little more popular. Sounds like you enjoy booking up most of your time in NYC with excitement! How many times have you seen Billy Joel?

Mistress Zito, I come in from Boston so I usually drive back/take the bus after a session.

There was a weekend where some friends and I took a weekend trip to NYC. That night we were planning to head to a bar so I excused myself under the pretense of wanting to see an old friend. I said I'd be tied up for a few hours and that I'd meet up with them wherever afterwards  ;)

I could catch a very faint, subtle scent of my Mistress periodically through the night which would make me zone out, thinking about the session I just had. I find it funny that they'll never know what kind of fun I just had!

Sneaking away to have some secret fun is always a good idea when you visit NYC. And having the scent memory of your mistress on you throughout the night must have filled you with longing once again ;)

I'm so enjoying reading all of your responses, as this is something I too like to wonder about. Mistress Zito hit the nail on the head with "I like to entertain the idea of my slave doing something like returning back to his desk, going to dinner with friends, etc. while only we know what kind of sadistic fun went on earlier." Keep them coming!

Your last sentence definitely resonates; there's a special kind of thrill that comes from interacting with the outside world with the recent memory of an exhilarating session as a faint, dreamy backdrop. What appeals to you about that dynamic?

Dear Ms. Zito:

Over the last 2 decades my sessioning has depended more on opportunism than on ritual. I can't say I ever returned to my desk after a session. I can say that I have left my desk early for a session and arrived home as if I had been at the job all day. Often I sessioned under a cloak of secrecy and relied on my own wits to lead a double life.

Mostly I have gone home to continue my vanilla life. Sometimes I have gone to dinner, shopping or hung out with the Mistress after and have even been driven home after on a number of occasions. 

Lately I am free from the duplicity of a double life but still don't reveal my whereabouts to others when off to and from a session. 

To my surprise, chapters are still being written in the book of my kinky life.

Dannyboy

I'm quite the little prom queen about the whole thing.

No sexual relief of any kind for about a week.  Sometimes enforced by chastity.  Sometimes no key.  I like to arrive hungry, so to speak.

Start drinking extra water on the days beforehand.  Better for handling strict bondage.  Bondage is my 1st love.

I never work on session days.  And never session less than 2 hours - except in the case of a "wrap-around."  I arrange it so that not only do I have little to do on session day, but I don't have to do anything afterward.  My sessions can be a bit jarring psychologically.  I don't want to have to be "on" afterward; or in any event I don't want to have to guarantee it to anyone. 

I arrive with no hair down thair.  Touched up on the morning of session day.

Enema a few hours before session.  Shower one hour before leaving.

Very little appetite on the day of a session, always rather anxious.  So I usually stick to protein shakes or the like.  Usually at least an hour beforehand.

If the Mistress has given me instructions for session day, I would have checked those early in the morning and took a last look before leaving.  She may be controlling me from the moment I wake up in some manner.  It's a matter of preference.  I don't place many restrictions.

After the session I always seem to take a long walk - though I don't plan to befhorehand.  Everything seems alive and interesting.  Architecture, old people, pigeons, trees, the most prosaic shop windows.  Takes me about an hour to get home on public transportation.  After the session build-up, the session itself, the sense that everything is dazzling afterward and a long walk - I'm usually exhausted and sleep like a two year old.

Reflecting a bit I realize I had a tendency to bring my music to a session.  In the early years with the Headmistress I would put together a CD with select music on a number of occasions. With Mina Jung, after being assured that I could connect my MP3 player to the audio, meticulously putting together a playlist was a significant part of my pre session activity. Same with Eva Koi. I don't do that anymore.

Dannyboy

I come in from out of state and usually plan play time at FF for a day when I have an evening public work event that gives me time to re-adjust before I head home. (I session generally between noon -4 pm). The work event is always surreal given "from whence I have come."

I get myself clean first, shower extra long. I dress as if  I am going to meet with clients. My belief is if you look good then you feel good! On the train down, I start letting go of all the control I have in my life. I imagine myself naked, obedient,  and submissive at Mistress' feet. At the small park across the street I sit on the bench exactly one hour before. I clear my mind as the butterflies start to build up. I'm giving myself over before the session has even begun.

On the days you session do you follow a particular ritual that enhances your experience or is just integral to the process of coming to visit as a whole? After session, I am always very interested to know where you are headed next. First, it lends me more insight into who you are as a person. Second, I like to entertain the idea of my slave doing something like returning back to his desk, going to dinner with friends, etc. while only we know what kind of sadistic fun went on earlier. However some of you, I've noticed, have a ritual! You head to the spa after like clockwork, or you always stop to eat at your favorite Chinese restaurant, some of you need to go straight to bed right after, not sure if you could socialize normally after submitting to the Fortress ladies. So, who on the forum is a creature of habit? Will you share with me your ideal session day and what you like to do before/after?

-Mistress Zito

Mistress Zito,

I have a routine which involves stretching and exercising beforehand. This is to loosen myself up and to make sure that I'm in the best shape I can be for the Mistress.  Then I make sure that cleaned up, shaved and trimmed.  Hygiene is extremely important to me.

Post session I am usually extremely pumped up and I usually eat at one of my favorite places.  I find the post session meal very satisfying.

There was one particular session with Mistress Kang that was so intense that the endorphin and adrenaline rush had me unbelievably high.  When I came down I was ravenously hungry.  So on the way home I stopped at one of my favorite spots in Queens and had a huge dinner.  A huge 20oz steak, potatoes, steamed veggies and a couple of IPA's.  I normally don't  eat that heavy but this one particular session brought on that type of appetite.  

Jay

-Mistress Zito

I usually try to schedule on days when I have no classes so I don't have to rush to a session after a class, or rush from a session to a class. I try to arrive at the WTC 90 minutes to 2 hours before my session time to stroll along Wall St. reminiscing my past life there. Then I'll go to the downstairs chapel at Our Lady of Victory church and meditate in solitude. My next stop was J&R Music World (now defunct) and then a leisurely walk to the Fortress. I'll try to arrive 20 to 30 minutes early and sit on the bench across the street and try to relax and mentally prepare for my session. If I'm doing a "Mystery Mistress" session, I'll sit faced away from the Fortress entrance as not to inadvertently see her arrive (happened once). Five minutes to session time, I'll call and then it's past the point of no return.

I usually try to schedule on days when I have no classes so I don't have to rush to a session after a class, or rush from a session to a class. I try to arrive at the WTC 90 minutes to 2 hours before my session time to stroll along Wall St. reminiscing my past life there. Then I'll go to the downstairs chapel at Our Lady of Victory church and meditate in solitude. My next stop was J&R Music World (now defunct) and then a leisurely walk to the Fortress. I'll try to arrive 20 to 30 minutes early and sit on the bench across the street and try to relax and mentally prepare for my session. If I'm doing a "Mystery Mistress" session, I'll sit faced away from the Fortress entrance as not to inadvertently see her arrive (happened once). Five minutes to session time, I'll call and then it's past the point of no return.

Used to go to Our Lady of Victory on Ash Wednesday when I worked around the corner.  It had the same nearly shattering efficiency as the rest of Wall St, 20 minute mass and on your way.  But always a fascinating day in discovering the breadth of humanity that called themselves catholic, even if only on that day.  (almost wish there was a perv equivalent day of open self-acknowledgment, but for another time..)

This has been a great thread.  Shows the earnestness everyone brings to that elevator ride.  Anyone considering becoming a dominatrix should read it, likewise anyone wondering if he has what it takes to submit.  Sure, there is a commercial aspect to a session.  But that can be said of dining, concerts and a lot of other activities that make us feel most alive and human.  It's the fool who only sees the commercial side of it.  Knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing, as Oscar Wilde would say.