"This is KANGaroo court."

Jayman

Hi everyone,

I just saw this over the weekend though its been online for a while.  Don't know if anyone on this board watches Rick and Morty but this is really funny and I wanted to share it.  Its the actual exchange between The Honorable J. Bryant Durham and defendant Denver Fenton Allen from a court hearing held on June 17th 2016 in Rome Georgia.  The creators of Rick and Morty obtained a copy of the court transcript last July and made this insane re-enactment. Morty plays the Judge and Rick, his Grandfather, plays the defendant.  I'm still in shock that this isn't something made up.  It's the real court proceeding verbatim.  

Below is the video and I've also put the link to the court transcripts.  It's very funny but after reading the transcripts it's sad also.

http://coosavalleynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Transcript-Denver-Allen.pdf

Hi everyone,

I just saw this over the weekend though its been online for a while.  Don't know if anyone on this board watches Rick and Morty but this is really funny and I wanted to share it.  Its the actual exchange between The Honorable J. Bryant Durham and defendant Denver Fenton Allen from a court hearing held on June 17th 2016 in Rome Georgia.  The creators of Rick and Morty obtained a copy of the court transcript last July and made this insane re-enactment. Morty plays the Judge and Rick, his Grandfather, plays the defendant.  I'm still in shock that this isn't something made up.  It's the real court proceeding verbatim.  

Below is the video and I've also put the link to the court transcripts.  It's very funny but after reading the transcripts it's sad also.

http://coosavalleynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Transcript-Denver-Allen.pdf

That was GOOOOD!!! I love Rick and Morty. His shaky voice makes it all the funnier.

It was sad up until they started their ridiculous back and forth LOL

Rick and Morty is one of my all-time favorite shows!

Mind-boggling that this is a legit transcript, that this actually took place in a real courtroom-----holy fucking xmas:

http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23/georgia-judge-loses-it-over-vulgar-courtroom-exchange/

Fascinating, terrifying.

The defendant demonstrates his experience by making sure to state things like "now you're yelling at me...now you're laughing at me..." which would otherwise not be known from the transcript. That the judge lost so much control as to confirm these things as well as admitting worse is astounding. I quite admire the defendant's gumption.

Thanks for the post.

That was GOOOOD!!! I love Rick and Morty. His shaky voice makes it all the funnier.

It was sad up until they started their ridiculous back and forth LOL

Glad you liked it Mistress Kang.

"All the white but boys love me to death too."  

As a serious legal question- would he have been?? I mean, the judge said the words "jack off right now".

I hope someone on here knows enough about law to give this the proper, nuanced response it demands!

I know nothing of such things, but I can't help assuming he'd still have been in trouble, and it seems doubtful another judge would take it very seriously if he claimed it was the judge's fault/responsibility, no?

As a serious legal question- would he have been?? I mean, the judge said the words "jack off right now".

Dear Ms. Kang:

Almost pissed my pants. Lucky I'm wearing depends. Anyway I think this was a clear case of a Judge losing control of his Courtroom. As a serious legal question though I think it could not have been construed to be a binding legal order or judicial consent for such an action. Should the defendant have actually attempted to whip it out, the bailiffs would have removed him from the Courtroom. The Judge should have removed the defendant before things got out of hand (so to speak.) 

I think the defendant is clearly non compos mentis or possibly one who is gaming the system. A tactic of some hardened criminals is to claim poor representation and attempt to fire their attorneys before trial starts and go pro se. So the guy was either nuts or sly like a fox.

The Judge was probably brought up before his superiors because he sank to the level of his antagonist and lost judicial composure.

I spent a lot of time in Courts and Courtrooms. Never seen anything like this in real life.

Dannyboy

Rick and Morty is one of my all-time favorite shows!

Mind-boggling that this is a legit transcript, that this actually took place in a real courtroom-----holy fucking xmas:

http://legal.blog.ajc.com/2016/06/23/georgia-judge-loses-it-over-vulgar-courtroom-exchange/

Fascinating, terrifying.

The defendant demonstrates his experience by making sure to state things like "now you're yelling at me...now you're laughing at me..." which would otherwise not be known from the transcript. That the judge lost so much control as to confirm these things as well as admitting worse is astounding. I quite admire the defendant's gumption.

Thanks for the post.

lmao I love rick and morty too! thanks for sharing

BettyBannas and Mistress Zito,

You are both very welcome. I had a terrible grind last week. It sucked. This Rick and Marty skit made me laugh so hard on Saturday and brightens up my weekend. I figured I'd post it Monday morning to give Fortress members something funny to start their week off with.

Thanks,

Jay

So if he had actually whipped out and started jacking off per the judge's instruction would he have been wrong??

This is a very valid question and something I thought also. I'm trying to find the answer out. If I do I'll post it.

Jay

Dear Ms. Kang:

Almost pissed my pants. Lucky I'm wearing depends. Anyway I think this was a clear case of a Judge losing control of his Courtroom. As a serious legal question though I think it could not have been construed to be a binding legal order or judicial consent for such an action. Should the defendant have actually attempted to whip it out, the bailiffs would have removed him from the Courtroom. The Judge should have removed the defendant before things got out of hand (so to speak.) 

I think the defendant is clearly non compos mentis or possibly one who is gaming the system. A tactic of some hardened criminals is to claim poor representation and attempt to fire their attorneys before trial starts and go pro se. So the guy was either nuts or sly like a fox.

The Judge was probably brought up before his superiors because he sank to the level of his antagonist and lost judicial composure.

I spent a lot of time in Courts and Courtrooms. Never seen anything like this in real life.

Dannyboy

Hi Dannyboy,

Depends!!! LOL The Judge Durham got into trouble for letting Denver Allen get to him and losing control of the court room. It was basically a slap on the wrists though.

Jay

Hi Dannyboy,

Depends!!! LOL The Judge Durham got into trouble for letting Denver Allen get to him and losing control of the court room. It was basically a slap on the wrists though.

Jay

Jay:

I'm not surprised by the slap on the wrist. Judges generally are more lenient with themselves than they are with the people who appear before them.

Dannyboy