KUDOS TO HER HONOR AQUILINA

joey

She also said “Our Constitution does not allow for cruel and unusual punishment. If it did … I would allow some or many people to do to him what he did to others.” She basically told him that she hopes he gets raped in jail lol

Dear Ms. Jin:

I would like to recall to everyone's attention Jeffrey Dahmer. He was killed in prison. I am suggesting that the killing was done with the collusion or active participation of the prison staff.

One the one hand I would say good riddance to a monster who had no mercy for his victims. On the other hand I believe in the rule of law and our Constitutional system. It was a murder although I shed no tears for the victim.

It is also a fact that, in some Native American tribes, captured enemies who deserved "special" treatment were turned over to the women because of their propensity for imaginative cruelty.

Dannyboy

Dear Ms. Jin:

I would like to recall to everyone's attention Jeffrey Dahmer. He was killed in prison. I am suggesting that the killing was done with the collusion or active participation of the prison staff.

One the one hand I would say good riddance to a monster who had no mercy for his victims. On the other hand I believe in the rule of law and our Constitutional system. It was a murder although I shed no tears for the victim.

It is also a fact that, in some Native American tribes, captured enemies who deserved "special" treatment were turned over to the women because of their propensity for imaginative cruelty.

Dannyboy

The Native Americans got it right!

Not that there's even a punishment great enough for the harm he inflicted, but glad to at least have heard this. Now for his enablers.

Dear Ms. Shankar:

At the root of so many abusive situations is the economic or political power of the abuser. Often to side with the victims would involve serious damage to existing institutions such as family, religion, sports teams, political structures and businesses. Many enablers fear the greater consequences to themselves if they rock the boat. The more powerful the abuser the more viciously the accusers and witnesses will be attacked and discredited. I am old and cynical. Maybe change is coming but I know there is a very dark side to human nature.

Dannyboy

Anybody hear of the dad who tried to attack Nassar in court?  I don't have kids but I really feel his anger and pain here.

manclawz:

I heard of the incident and saw it on TV.  I understand this on many levels, including the position of the Judge and the decorum of the courtroom.  Nasser will die in prison. He will probably be held in protective custody because he will be beaten, raped or killed in any general prison population.

I do not approve the actions of the father. I think he scared the hell out of his children who were present in the Courtroom. The better route was to stand there with a resolute dignity and a strong silent contempt for the convict and not re-traumatize them. How would it serve the daughters to see their father arrested, injured or even killed? 

I think the father understands that now. He will not be sanctioned by the Court.

Dannyboy

manclawz:

I heard of the incident and saw it on TV.  I understand this on many levels, including the position of the Judge and the decorum of the courtroom.  Nasser will die in prison. He will probably be held in protective custody because he will be beaten, raped or killed in any general prison population.

I do not approve the actions of the father. I think he scared the hell out of his children who were present in the Courtroom. The better route was to stand there with a resolute dignity and a strong silent contempt for the convict and not re-traumatize them. How would it serve the daughters to see their father arrested, injured or even killed? 

I think the father understands that now. He will not be sanctioned by the Court.

Dannyboy

manclawz:

Dannyboy

Dannyboy:

Remember the guy who shot and killed the karate instructor who kidnaped and molested his son? He got a suspended sentence, 5 years probation, and 300 hours community service.

Ray

Dannyboy:

Remember the guy who shot and killed the karate instructor who kidnaped and molested his son? He got a suspended sentence, 5 years probation, and 300 hours community service.

Ray

Or the Texas rancher who beat his daughters molester to death after finding the guy in the act behind a barn.  There weren't any charges brought against him and I have no problem with that.  

http://abcnews.go.com/US/charges-texas-father-beat-death-daughters-molester/story?id=16612071

Dannyboy:

Ray

Ray:

Actually I don't remember that particular case and I have no instant opinions. Remember Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey Oswald. One wonders if that was the final part of a conspiracy and not merely a case of vigilante justice.

Anyway I do understand the human capacity to avenge harm and brutality to a loved one. I just don't encourage it.

Dannyboy