A Sub's Watchful Eye

How aware are you of your Mistress' every move? Do you know what's about to happen before it does? Have you studied your Mistress so well that you know all of her tell tale signs? What are they? Have you ever been wrong?

As a Domme, we watch our subs intently but I often wonder if they're paying as much attention. 

Kind of depends on whether you are literally blindfolded, tied-down in a position where you can't move your head around, intentionally staring at the floor as part of a submissive kneeling posture (I had a Domme get "upset" at me once because I looked up at her without her permission,) etc.

Otherwise, I watch my Domme, and to some extent try to predict her actions.  But sometimes it seems the fun for her is in catching you off guard (I remember a bastinado session with Mistress Rey where she stopped and gave me time to think we were done before getting in one last shot).  I try to watch to see if she is enjoying herself, but trying to predict her actions is probably pointless.  I would imagine for a Domme, you are watching to see where your sub's head is, not what he's going to do...it's similar for a sub watching his Domme.

Even when I'm not watching, I'm listening.  Hearing little sounds of approval or disapproval is very powerful.

There are times, particularly during corporal, where it's better to just shut your eyes and focus on maintaining your calm.

Dear Ms. Kang:

My dungeon activities revolve around a few specific actions and a few specific themes. Therefore, it is not difficult to know what is going to happen. In some cases, when more than one Mistress is involved, there may be other factors that bring the activity outside the norm. The last time I did a couples session Ms. Rey put a sound blocking headset over my ears while she and my young lady conspired over the next set of activities. I think the activities from our distant past that included Ms. Vu tended to be more unpredictable because she was mischievous so often and changed the course of the session.

Gotta go. The evil one just arrived.

Dannyboy

Interesting that some have mentioned being blindfolded as an impediment to watching your domme. In a literal sense, I understand how this makes sense, but one of the things I love most about blindfolding is how keenly a sub's other senses come to the fore to assess their surroundings. A brush of my skin, the swish of a whip, the clanking of chains become that much more vivid when one's sight is taken away. 

What are some non-visual ways in which you find yourself paying attention to, or remembering, your Mistress?

42 minutes ago, Mistress Justine Shankar said:

Interesting that some have mentioned being blindfolded as an impediment to watching your domme. In a literal sense, I understand how this makes sense, but one of the things I love most about blindfolding is how keenly a sub's other senses come to the fore to assess their surroundings. A brush of my skin, the swish of a whip, the clanking of chains become that much more vivid when one's sight is taken away. 

What are some non-visual ways in which you find yourself paying attention to, or remembering, your Mistress?

The feeling of my nipples and ass always make me remember my mistress for a few days.

You are absolutely correct about the other senses when blind folded.  I find hearing is the next sense I depend on.  If that is also taken away then it is feel that I notice most.  At that point I find I often can sense my mistresses body heat when she is nearby.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:00 PM, kevybaby said:

I thought I would hate the blindfolding when you did it to me a couple days ago and ordered me to find and worship your feet/legs it made it so much more intense due the fear aspect of failing instead of it just being a simple task. 

Like a puppy sniffing for cancer at gunpoint.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:27 AM, JustAGuy said:

Kind of depends on whether you are literally blindfolded, tied-down in a position where you can't move your head around, intentionally staring at the floor as part of a submissive kneeling posture (I had a Domme get "upset" at me once because I looked up at her without her permission,) etc.

Otherwise, I watch my Domme, and to some extent try to predict her actions.  But sometimes it seems the fun for her is in catching you off guard (I remember a bastinado session with Mistress Rey where she stopped and gave me time to think we were done before getting in one last shot).  I try to watch to see if she is enjoying herself, but trying to predict her actions is probably pointless.  I would imagine for a Domme, you are watching to see where your sub's head is, not what he's going to do...it's similar for a sub watching his Domme.

Even when I'm not watching, I'm listening.  Hearing little sounds of approval or disapproval is very powerful.

There are times, particularly during corporal, where it's better to just shut your eyes and focus on maintaining your calm.

Tricking you into thinking we are done is my favorite past time. ?

The element of surprise is really important to me in sessions. Of course, some things require setting up and a short period of down time to do so. I appreciate when a submissive waits to see rather than trying to pinpoint exactly what is coming next for them. However, the urge to know what will happen to you is natural. The unknown is scary. I look at this as a form of trying to maintain some control. I urge my subs to let go and try not to scrutinize what I’ll be doing next. It’s a nice exercise in letting go. 

I feel like I can usually sense the difference between what I mentioned above and a watchful eye that comes from admiration, which is always welcome. 

Interesting question. I pay a lot of attention but I put little or no thought into prediction, in part because I'm looking to be surprised. For me, a huge part of the session is just totally letting go and letting it run its course. But the whole thing is a heightened interpersonal interaction, so yes, I'm paying attention all the time.

On 5/5/2018 at 11:25 PM, risotto said:

Interesting question. I pay a lot of attention but I put little or no thought into prediction, in part because I'm looking to be surprised. For me, a huge part of the session is just totally letting go and letting it run its course. But the whole thing is a heightened interpersonal interaction, so yes, I'm paying attention all the time.

So blindfolding you yesterday was a good choice, huh? :D

On 5/5/2018 at 11:25 PM, risotto said:

I agree, session can be a great chance to let go of the instinct to control what happens next and allow yourself to fully experience whatever sensation your Mistress deems appropriate.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Mistress Alexia Zito said:

The element of surprise is really important to me in sessions. Of course, some things require setting up and a short period of down time to do so. I appreciate when a submissive waits to see rather than trying to pinpoint exactly what is coming next for them. However, the urge to know what will happen to you is natural. The unknown is scary. I look at this as a form of trying to maintain some control. I urge my subs to let go and try not to scrutinize what I’ll be doing next. It’s a nice exercise in letting go. 

I feel like I can usually sense the difference between what I mentioned above and a watchful eye that comes from admiration, which is always welcome. 

This whole response makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:09 PM, Mistress Kang said:

How aware are you of your Mistress' every move? Do you know what's about to happen before it does? Have you studied your Mistress so well that you know all of her tell tale signs? What are they? Have you ever been wrong?

As a Domme, we watch our subs intently but I often wonder if they're paying as much attention. 

I've had times when I thought, "Well I know Mistress Rey isn't going to do that..." and then of course that's precisely what she did, as well as times when I've thought, "Oh no, she's definitely going to..." but then she didn't at all. The fact that I can tell how much she enjoys my disorientation brings pleasure and joy to the confusion and dread. It's quite a combo.

I was recently (2 days ago) blindfolded in a session and to say that the rest of my senses were hyper-aware was an absolute understatement.  The smallest touch sent tremors through me.  As a fetishist, I always thought I'd hate the idea of being blinfolded and not being able to see the Domme in beautiful leather, but in fact, I did not hate it.  I did not hate it at all!

14 hours ago, Austinguy said:

I was recently (2 days ago) blindfolded in a session and to say that the rest of my senses were hyper-aware was an absolute understatement.  The smallest touch sent tremors through me.  As a fetishist, I always thought I'd hate the idea of being blinfolded and not being able to see the Domme in beautiful leather, but in fact, I did not hate it.  I did not hate it at all!

"You did not hate it in a tree, you did not hate it as it must be."

IDK but your last two lines reminded me of Dr. Seuss. LOL

PS I didn't hate it either.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:00 PM, kevybaby said:

I thought I would hate the blindfolding when you did it to me a couple days ago and ordered me to find and worship your feet/legs it made it so much more intense due the fear aspect of failing instead of it just being a simple task. 

Haha, yes, I quite enjoyed the spectacle of watching you try.