International Dungeons

Mistress Kang

I haven't visited US dungeons yet (the Fortress will probably be my first ;) ) but I've visited dungeons in Europe, namely in France, Germany and Estonia. Is this interesting to you, even though I can't make a comparison ? If so, what would you like to know  (architecture, facilities, procedures, others) ?

I also sessioned in Italy, but that was in a private apartment. My most surprising experience was in Tokyo : I booked with a BDMS agency called "La Siora" but apparently Japanese dominatrixes can't have dungeons per Japanese law, so the session took place in a love hotel ! That was very unusual and unexpected.

23 hours ago, Marc Paris said:

I haven't visited US dungeons yet (the Fortress will probably be my first ;) ) but I've visited dungeons in Europe, namely in France, Germany and Estonia. Is this interesting to you, even though I can't make a comparison ? If so, what would you like to know  (architecture, facilities, procedures, others) ?

Which dungeons did you visit in France, Germany, and Estonia?

12 hours ago, Marc Paris said:

I also sessioned in Italy, but that was in a private apartment. My most surprising experience was in Tokyo : I booked with a BDMS agency called "La Siora" but apparently Japanese dominatrixes can't have dungeons per Japanese law, so the session took place in a love hotel ! That was very unusual and unexpected.

I've heard of La Siora and this particular Japanese law. There was a block that was only love hotels and a few of them were BDSM themed. I imagine you might have used one like this?

2 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Which dungeons did you visit in France, Germany, and Estonia?

In France, I visited (looooong ago) the dungeons of Lady Amanda and Maîtresse Cathy in Paris (they're now both retired). Cathy's place was the most impressive BDSM place I ever saw. Much more recently (two months ago, really), I sessioned with Lady Alizée who works in a suburb of Paris.

In Germany, six years ago, I sessioned in a fantastic place called "L'Atelier des rêves" (they were very much German but their name, in French, meant "Workshop of dreams") which, unfortunately, has since closed.

In Estonia, I visited two years ago the dungeon of "Printsess Lilian". A fantastic experience, I must say (not to mention the fact that Estonians - including Estonian women are very tall : she's probably the most robust woman I ever sessioned with).

As for my session with Mistress Nana from La Siora, I did not notice anything BDSM-themed in the love hotel we used.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:37 AM, Austinguy said:

The London Retreat was a fairly well equipped and similar to American houses of domination except that, to my surprise, there was not a "No Sex Rule".  I was just expecting to be dominated and then all of a sudden... wow.

Perhaps I wrote too quickly. I experienced the same all those years ago. But in the US at that time that was highly common as well.

Dannyboy

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I have visited the Fortress, I can make actual comparison with the dungeons that I have visited in Europe. I'd say that the main difference is, by far, the security measures. Apart from the fact that I was always told the exact address by phone at the last minute, all the professional dungeons I have visited - even the larger ones - had very minimal security, with just a basic doorhole at the entrance. I was generally greeted at the door by the mistress herself. In that respect, my arrival at the Fortress was quite surprising, even though it added to the "mystery" of the experience. Quite interesting, though (apart from the great quality of the session itself ?).

There's another major difference which I forgot to mention, and which depends on the various national laws. In France, dungeons can only be operated by one person : since BDSM is classified as sex work, a dungeon with several mistresses would be considered a brothel which - unlike sex work itself - is stricly forbidden in France (French law is very weird as it does not give clear definitions for "sex work", nor for "prostitution" so this creates some sort of "gray zone" which impairs how dungeons can function). I've been told a horrible story about a French dominatrix's boyfriend who was sentenced for "pimping" just because he was doing the computer work for his gilfriend's dungeon.  

On the contrary, some European countries allow dungeons to employ several dominatrixes : that's the case in Germany or in Austria. Likewise, the dungeon I visited in Estonia was being used by two dominatrixes.

From my  experience, I'd say that being given more freedom by their national laws allows dungeons in the US, Germany, etc, to be much more "professional" in their proceedings. This is also why actual professional dungeons are fairly rare in countries like France, and limited to well-known mistresses who make loads of money and can therefore afford to rent and furbish a large space (which is VERY expensive in Paris). In the same token, American and German dominatrixes can specify their session rates on their websites, while French dominatrixes (it's probably the same thing in other countries) are not allowed to (so their websites have to look like they're advertising free services) and must give them to their clients on the phone or by email.

I've sessioned in dungeons in England, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany (where most of them happened).   Germany stands out with the quantity and quality of "toys" they have, plus there are often plenty of Dommes to choose from since it's entirely legal and mostly an accepted part of the culture.  In many ways the Fortress is like the dungeons in Germany in the number of Dommes and the quality of the equipment.  In Germany, unlike the other countries, you almost always know the address of the dungeon from their web site, which is useful if you're traveling to a city that's new to you.

The most impressive dungeon I've been in is Studio Avalon in Berlin

On 10/12/2019 at 4:14 AM, Mistress Kang said:

I've heard of La Siora and this particular Japanese law. There was a block that was only love hotels and a few of them were BDSM themed. I imagine you might have used one like this?

It is a shame.  Originally La Siora and other Jaoanese Clubs all had their own dungeons or as they are often called playrooms but about 10 years ago the police arrested a mistress from La Siora and now none of the clubs have playrooms.   Therefore as was said most play happens in normal love hotels.  However in Tokyo there is a famouss BDSM themed love hotel - the AlphaIn  - which is often used for p,aging.  S3 is another option.   AlphaIn has a website so you can see the rooms which are themed eg medically. S3 just has two rooms with various crosses, spanking benches, hooks on the ceiling for suspension etc

In Hong Kong and Singapore too play is typically in a love hotel or a normal hotel.  Hong Kong does occasionally have dungeons available for hire.  I am not aware of any in Singapore though I have p,aged in a private dungeon.  I also p,at sometimes in a private dungeon in Hong Kong that is used for play parties

London is all dungeons and these are pretty standard with lots of equipment and suspension points

On 11/10/2019 at 12:11 AM, tokyocanelover said:

It is a shame.  Originally La Siora and other Jaoanese Clubs all had their own dungeons or as they are often called playrooms but about 10 years ago the police arrested a mistress from La Siora and now none of the clubs have playrooms. 

Ouch, not cool ! Japanese laws seem to be as bizarre and hypocritical as french ones, perhaps even more so.

I must say that my session in Tokyo was very unusual in many respects, especially as they hadn't really explained the procedure to me before the actual meeting took place. I was supposed to meet Mistress Nana in the street, which I found a bit surprising, but I assumed that it was for security reasons. So after we had met I followed her, believing that she was taking me to the dungeon, only to discover that she was directing me to a love hotel nearby. Thankfully, the price for the hotel was included in the session fee. When we were in the room, she had me fill a questionnaire in englsh about what I liked and didn't like to do, and then she based the session on my answers.

It was all very surprising, but after all I had come to Japan to see unusual things. So I was like "When in Tokyo, do as the Tokioites do !" ?

On 11/11/2019 at 8:25 AM, Marc Paris said:

Ouch, not cool ! Japanese laws seem to be as bizarre and hypocritical as french ones, perhaps even more so.

I must say that my session in Tokyo was very unusual in many respects, especially as they hadn't really explained the procedure to me before the actual meeting took place. I was supposed to meet Mistress Nana in the street, which I found a bit surprising, but I assumed that it was for security reasons. So after we had met I followed her, believing that she was taking me to the dungeon, only to discover that she was directing me to a love hotel nearby. Thankfully, the price for the hotel was included in the session fee. When we were in the room, she had me fill a questionnaire in englsh about what I liked and didn't like to do, and then she based the session on my answers.

It was all very surprising, but after all I had come to Japan to see unusual things. So I was like "When in Tokyo, do as the Tokioites do !" ?

Did you like the session?

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Mistress Ivy Lovelace said:

This post made me think of the lack of dungeons in Mexico (and I imagine all of Latin America?) and how desperately they are needed there! 

Dear Ms. Lovelace:

That thought never crossed my mind. I've never been to Mexico or any other Latin American land, besides Puerto Rico and Brazil. Is is a cultural thing in that submitting to a female is considered an affront to masculinity in general? Is it the influence of the Church?

If you believe it is "desperately needed" does that mean that the activity exists underground but lacks official acceptance to the extent that dungeons are permitted or tolerated?

Dannyboy

On 12/9/2019 at 10:43 PM, Doughboy said:

I think many typical sex workers in Brazil offer strapon and domination as well as the usual, and there are some prodommes there as well. I haven't visited Brazil, but someday I hope to.

Ooooh interesting. Do you know of any pro dungeons like us there?

10 hours ago, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

Ooooh interesting. Do you know of any pro dungeons like us there?

I just came across this lady from searching the internet, but it looks like she only has one friend that will come do dominate dudes with her. I don't know any BDSM-only places where there are many dommes like FF. Maybe you could visit her and be a guest Dom if you take a vacation there!

On 12/9/2019 at 12:22 PM, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms. Lovelace:

That thought never crossed my mind. I've never been to Mexico or any other Latin American land, besides Puerto Rico and Brazil. Is is a cultural thing in that submitting to a female is considered an affront to masculinity in general? Is it the influence of the Church?

If you believe it is "desperately needed" does that mean that the activity exists underground but lacks official acceptance to the extent that dungeons are permitted or tolerated?

Dannyboy

There’s definitely underground activity, especially in the gay scene, but nothing like FF. I’m sure there are many aspects behind the lack of pro dungeons (religion and the ‘macho’ mindset men are brought up with safety, corruption, etc) 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:28 PM, Doughboy said:

I just came across this lady from searching the internet, but it looks like she only has one friend that will come do dominate dudes with her. I don't know any BDSM-only places where there are many dommes like FF. Maybe you could visit her and be a guest Dom if you take a vacation there!

I’ve been dying to go to Brazil and it seems like I now have the perfect excuse! ?