Your Neighbors and Neighborhood

We live in an older part of the city where the lots are big and houses moderately sized so there's a good bit of separation from the street. It's also a wooded dead-end and we often have runners and walkers who incorporate the street into their route. We also know all our neighbors well and have had careful interactions with them while keeping our distance. I'm one of several who always worked from home when not traveling but now everyone is home all the time! It's odd to see the street look like Sunday on a Wednesday.

Everyone is being very respectful so far about social distancing. The only times its a bit stressful is during shopping. Still a lot of folks who don't seem to know what 6 feet or 2 meters is.

2 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Are people in your neighborhood respecting social distancing and sheltering in place? What is the foot traffic like?

Have you become more acquainted with your nearby neighbors (in your building, or the houses nearby) now that everyone is home?

I would say for the most part most people are respecting distancing. The foot traffic around me is still pretty active though .

But I did make some new friends in my building but most of everyone is leaving now I just daydream about serving a mistress during quarantine. *no way out*lol

5 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Are people in your neighborhood respecting social distancing and sheltering in place? What is the foot traffic like?

Have you become more acquainted with your nearby neighbors (in your building, or the houses nearby) now that everyone is home?

Yeah, my town is actually doing it. People are taking walks with their families, but no real issues. I see people out that I usually don’t. Even the group of people I run with we have been breaking up into smaller groups and keeping at least 6 feet apart.

As I no longer live in a densely populated area in the city my streets are normally quiet. They are quieter now and people are respectful and courteous, some stepping off the curb to maintain the distance. The main streets have less vehicular traffic and the many parking spaces outside of the local stores and businesses are much less full. In supermarkets many wear masks and gloves and keep their distance.

Dannyboy

The streets are quiet when I walk but every time I sneak out to a grocery store, I seem to be going at the same time as everyone else in town!  I haven't really gotten to know anyone in my apartment complex better, although that family who let their kids race tricycles in the hallway seems to have moved out...

I'm in queens and haven't left my place since last Friday.  There is a family living on my floor that seam to be doing ok but my next door neighbor seams like he is really sick.  And he has no regard fro anyone else.   It's infuriating.  My job is in health and safety and this guy does the exact opposite of what I teach people.

The most vexing are runners and couples. 

A lot of runners seem to be thrilled by the prospect of piling up the miles during quarantine.  But all that heavy breathing in confined spaces and narrow walkways is beyond selfish.  I still run a little too, but I keep an eye down the street and manage my positioning so no one has to adjust to me to maintain a comfortable distance.

Couples, especially younger ones, just can't seem to bear to be apart long enough to stop holding hands and single file so no one has to exit the pavement to get the recommended distance from them.  As if the relationship won't survive the parting, or their sweet emotions will ward off the evil virus.

There's a lot of piling on millennials, gen z, etc. these days.  But those are the groups most responsible for the most obnoxious behavior I've seen.  I've got a fair number of seniors in my neighborhood.  I think if these folks realized they might kill one of them just by being their wonderful snowflake selves they might think twice.  But they'll never know.

5 hours ago, Jayman said:

How is everyone doing?  I hope you are all staying safe.   Found out a co worker passed away from Coronavirus yesterday.  They were young, fit and healthy.  Two weeks ago they were fine.  So please take care of yourselves.  

So sorry to hear that.  So cruel for this to hit in spring when everyone wants to get out, take in the spring and fill their lungs with springtime.

12 hours ago, Jayman said:

How is everyone doing?  I hope you are all staying safe.   Found out a co worker passed away from Coronavirus yesterday.  They were young, fit and healthy.  Two weeks ago they were fine.  So please take care of yourselves.  

Wow...so sorry to hear that.  Food for thought.

12 hours ago, Jayman said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. 

On 3/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jayman said:

Someone my "family" knew passed away in early February. It was attributed to something else but now there are second thoughts. Another is feeling sick and was told to assume it is positive and self quarantine. It's like being in a trench with cannonballs falling all around you. Which one will land on you!!!

Dannyboy

On UWS this morning the crazy dog people were still congregating as their pets ran around. I  am pretty sure their dog's exercise is more important to them than a human life. Arrogant and selfish behavior by a small group however most others are being responsible by maintaining separation on their walks.

22 hours ago, ConsentOptional said:

So sorry to hear that.  So cruel for this to hit in spring when everyone wants to get out, take in the spring and fill their lungs with springtime.

16 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

Wow...so sorry to hear that.  Food for thought.

16 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. 

Thank all of you.  It was an eye opener.   Be safe and cautious.  Don't forget its not just the elderly that are taking the brunt.   The youngest fatality in France was a 16 year old girl and the only symptom she has was a cough.  Doctors are still trying to figure out this virus.  Everyone take care of yourselves.

18 hours ago, Joelle25 said:

On UWS this morning the crazy dog people were still congregating as their pets ran around. I  am pretty sure their dog's exercise is more important to them than a human life. Arrogant and selfish behavior by a small group however most others are being responsible by maintaining separation on their walks.

Jayman:

The turkeys are out in force this morning. They're annoying and crap all over the place. At least they are not accompanied by humans and they aren't carriers.

Dannyboy

22 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

Someone my "family" knew passed away in early February. It was attributed to something else but now there are second thoughts. Another is feeling sick and was told to assume it is positive and self quarantine. It's like being in a trench with cannonballs falling all around you. Which one will land on you!!!

Dannyboy

Hi Dannyboy,

I'm sorry to hear that.  I just watched an interview with Dr. Fauci and he was mentioning the exact thing you just stated about deaths attributed to something completely different but could have been from the Coronavirus.  

Jayman

7 hours ago, Jayman said:

Hi Dannyboy,

I'm sorry to hear that.  I just watched an interview with Dr. Fauci and he was mentioning the exact thing you just stated about deaths attributed to something completely different but could have been from the Coronavirus.  

Jayman

Jayman:

I respect Dr. Fauci as an objective scientist. The fact is that a new disease takes time to be identified and recognized. I remember when Legionaires disease made its initial appearance. It was a mystery and thought to be the next plague until they figured it out. Same with AIDS. The Spanish influenza was a disaster for the world because it started in the USA but the press couldn't write about it because of the war and the potential effect on morale. Spain was the first non-combatant nation to actually report on the pandemic and so it was dubbed the Spanish influenza. That virus flourished in secrecy and denial. It didn't have to kill more people than World War I did. 

Dannyboy

On 3/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, Jayman said:

I’m sorry to hear that jayman. I’m healthy and have a roof over my head so can’t really complain. You take care too 

On 3/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Mistress Kang said:

I’ve had a few neighbors get pretty snippy with me LOL. But I get it, everyone’s processing their fears and stress in different ways. 

Foot traffic has practically disappeared. Still so surreal seeing the city like this...

7 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

I’ve had a few neighbors get pretty snippy with me LOL. But I get it, everyone’s processing their fears and stress in different ways. 

Foot traffic has practically disappeared. Still so surreal seeing the city like this...

It must be pretty wild to witness

8 hours ago, Mistress Mina Jung said:

Who going to get snippy with you!?! Let me at them!  ----You're right , this is a surreal time.  Sept 11th was a surreal time also, but in a different way with different reactions. People had more camaraderie back then I believe. Although they're are people stepping up, the medical workers, the first responders, the grocery workers and truckers ,I'm disappointed in people in a way too.  People are ignoring the danger of getting older/sick people infected with this virus that can be fatal. And the hoarding of supplies , many one-way people out there.  

One thing I know is I have to realize that no matter what everything will be ok, no matter the outcome.  Healthy fear is good, like when Mistress Jung is about to kick you in the balls, but this cloud of impending doom shit leads nowhere.  

I love your pics and posts M.Jung! Please keep them coming! Hope to see you sooner then later:.-----Your loyal PW :)

36 minutes ago, Mistress Ivy Lovelace said:

It seems like my neighbors are taking this as some sort of vacation ? I left my house to buy groceries the other day and there was a full on house party/bbq in someone’s front yard lol I couldn’t believe it 

Damn, that's fucked up ?

My neighbors are at each other's throats arguing loudly and slamming doors LOL