Be safe ladies! (and gents)

JustAGuy

On 8/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, JustAGuy said:

As someone who doesn't live in NYC, here's hoping the Mistresses and any local subbies get through Henri safe, sound, and without flooded apartments.

Awww so sweet JAG!  I'm pretty sure we were all fine.  I took a walk out to Riverside Park to see the storm but it was just some rain and a little wind.  The streets were empty and I enjoyed that!

On 8/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, JustAGuy said:

As someone who doesn't live in NYC, here's hoping the Mistresses and any local subbies get through Henri safe, sound, and without flooded apartments.

LOL I went out in the middle of that soaking wet storm to see a Drag Performance, dressed in latex. 
Appropriate. ?

11 hours ago, jawz said:

Renewed well wishes that everyone made it through this latest storm

I second that.

1 hour ago, Mistress Ivy Lovelace said:

Did Ida or Henri reach you at all? Also does anybody know who picks these names?? Lolll

If it had been about 20 miles further east as it passed through Virginia, I'd have had to brush off my swimming skills!  But I got off with some heavy rain and no flooding.  Glad you got off lightly Mistress Lovelace!

On 9/2/2021 at 7:18 PM, The Spermwhale said:

They should name them after infamous villains....Hurricane Adolf, Hurricane Stalin, Hurricane Idi....Hurricane Gilbert (Gottfried)

LOL agreed!  Also Mythological characters, Disney or Comic villains would be quite entertaining.  Anything but these names!! 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:28 AM, Mistress Mina Jung said:

Thanks tommy! 

I made it through Ida alright as well! My windows were open and my floors got all wet! I needed a subbie there to wipe them up for me. 

Dear Ms. Jung,

lol...I would probably jump on a plane, just to wipe the floors for you,
but still I would not get a chance as commercial travels from European countries is still banned
due to COVID...

So SORRY

On 9/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, Mistress Ivy Lovelace said:

Did Ida or Henri reach you at all? Also does anybody know who picks these names?? Lolll

Dear Ms Lovelace:

Hurricanes are named by the World Meteorological Organization. When I was young they were all given female names because women were thought to be unpredictable as hurricanes are. In 1978 that changed to the current system of alternating between male and female names.

The earliest hurricane I can recall by name that affected NYC was Diane in 1955. 

Dannyboy

4 hours ago, Dannyboy said:

Dear Ms Lovelace:

Hurricanes are named by the World Meteorological Organization. When I was young they were all given female names because women were thought to be unpredictable as hurricanes are. In 1978 that changed to the current system of alternating between male and female names.

The earliest hurricane I can recall by name that affected NYC was Diane in 1955. 

Dannyboy

Interestingly, the names are recycled every six years — so all the names for 2021 are the same from 2015, and 2027, etc. 

However, if a hurricane is particularly deadly, the WMO retires the name and puts another one in its slot. So that’s the opportunity to lobby for a new hurricane name like Hurricane Sloppy Slut or something. 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:28 PM, tommygermany said:

Dear Ms. Jung,

lol...I would probably jump on a plane, just to wipe the floors for you,
but still I would not get a chance as commercial travels from European countries is still banned
due to COVID...

So SORRY

I know!  I miss all you international based subbies! 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:05 PM, KitsuneNoYume said:

Interestingly, the names are recycled every six years — so all the names for 2021 are the same from 2015, and 2027, etc. 

However, if a hurricane is particularly deadly, the WMO retires the name and puts another one in its slot. So that’s the opportunity to lobby for a new hurricane name like Hurricane Sloppy Slut or something. 

Hurricane sloppy slut! Going to start using that lol

2 feet of water in the basement. Heat and hot water are toast, so to speak.  Switching to more climate change-proof equipment. 

But... somehow this anxiety provoking experience has really left me needing to be tied up tightly with someone alternately cropping me and whispering in my ear.  "You're safe now, little bitch.  (crop) At least you are safe from flooding.  But if you wanted to be safe from becoming a sissy-slut, you knocked on the wrong door... (crop, crop)"  Whispering dark plans seductively between strokes is just so....

• 4 weeks later...