Allergies!

I need your help....what are some of the best ways to deal with horrible allergies. I have all the brand name medicines and they don't help very much....usually they just make me drowsy. There has to be a better way- any good ideas? I am being tortured by mother nature and these horrible allergies!

What I have done before or am currently doing:

- Neti pot

- Allegra, Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec

- eye drops

Has anyone ever done the allergy shot? Any natural remedies?

MTran (a very upset and sad Mistress)

Hey Mistress Tran, I did allergy shots when I was a kid. I have no idea if they actually worked. The Neti pot and Claritin are good ideas, also I have been told and it makes sense, to shower (to rinse off the pollen) before going to bed or even if you've been outside for a while.

I need your help....what are some of the best ways to deal with horrible allergies. I have all the brand name medicines and they don't help very much....usually they just make me drowsy. There has to be a better way- any good ideas? I am being tortured by mother nature and these horrible allergies!

- Neti pot

- eye drops

for me, the following works:

Mucinex D (over the counter). Doesn't make you drowsy

Flonase (prescription nasal spray)

and believe it or not......taking wash cloth, soaking it in warm/hot water, and placing it over your face, where your sinuses are. Do this a lot.

I am in an ongoing death struggle with this stuff.....and these are the things that work.

Also helps , me anyway, when I drink coffee. Must be something to do with the diurertic properties.

and the old-time favorite.....aspriin/advil/et

all the other over the counter stuff......afrin, bendryl, etc, never worked for me either.

Dear Mrs Tran,

My sister had hay fever. This is one of the fastest growing 'diseases' in developed countries. And they can find out what kind of pollen you allergic for.

My sister had severe problems from April even to September. They found out she was allergic for grass and prescribed Grazax ( Grazax ) . And that really worked. She has not any problems with pollen anymore. So depending on where you are allergic for, something like that can help.

I see around me how people are struggling with allergies. I myself do not have problems with allergies. My only allergy I am aware off is Asian Dommes and I don't need a cure for that. Though an Asian Domme nurse can always do some tests!

Robbie

- Neti pot

- eye drops

SUPERIOR MISTRESS TRAN, i had the allergy shot several years ago. mediocre treatment at best. it's a sad fact but some unfortunate people just have to suffer until the weather gets better. i wish i could be more helpful.

Given that my first ever session is this week with you on Thursday, and I suffer in the same way, I feel obliged to share my experience.

For about the last 15 years I've suffered from severe allergies, including nasal and chest congestion. I hate taking medicine and always try to go for a natural remedy. Mine were so severe that nothing natural ever worked. There were only two things that ever worked for me, nasonex and asthmanex. They treat nasal and chest congestion very effectively and don't leave you drowsy. They are both prescription and not cheap, but I can now live a normal life. I have no idea what its made from and how it works so well, but desperate times require drastic measures.

I hope you find a solution soon, whatever it is.

- Neti pot

- eye drops

Very Upset & Sad Mistress Tran,

I suffer with hay fever, but only from late August through early October and have tried most of the medicines You have mentioned, including the shots and Flonase, all with varying degrees of effectiveness. Sorry to say, I have yet to discover a sure fire remedy. As Mistress Jung mentioned, because of all the wet weather we have experienced, this is supposed to be an especially bad allergy season, which makes me wonder if that would alter in any way the effectiveness of the particular medication You happen to be taking. I do feel for those individuals who begin to suffer with allergies this early in the year, as it actually takes some enjoyment out of Spring.

I need your help....what are some of the best ways to deal with horrible allergies. I

Try Nasalcrom. It is a nasal spray. You need to use it for a few days before the effect kicks in. No drowsiness at all. Works for all but the most extreme pollen cases. Over the counter.

P.S. Check your ventilation at the Fortress. I visited last week and the pollen effect was almost as strong as the punishment!

Local honey! It has to be relatively local (like NY/NJ states) to work though, so that you are sure you are eating honey made from the pollen of the flowers that are probably giving you the allergies. You can get some at the Greenmarkets!

I concur with Ms Ree. I had the worst allergies all of my life until I started drinking Green tea with local honey last winter. I was eating antihistamines all day every day from April until November. Last year I think I took 5 Claritin. This year I have taken none so far. It won't work over night but You should start now. At the very least it will make your throat feel better.

TrackWarrior

- Neti pot

- eye drops

- Skip Claritin -- it only works with 60% of people

- If you have been taking any of the pills consistently, say Zyrtec for a year, switch to something like Allegra. Your body gets used to the same one after a while.

- Stick with the Neti Pot (or similar) and saline rinse. It cleans out allergens, and the salt kills certain microbes (a high allergen)

Now, here is the biggie...

Allergies are an autoimmune disease. Many of which can be treated, or lessened in severity by diet. Sad to say, but most of the American diet causes inflammation and immune problems. If you really what to figure this out, stick to what you are currently doing so that you are only changing some variables... And then change your dietary habits for just 2 weeks. It might seem difficult, but 2 weeks is worth it to find out what the issues may be.

For 2 weeks: cut out ALL grains, legumes, dairy, sugar, and nightshade vegetables. Also, avoid refined foods, as they sometimes contain these triggers. Eat a whole foods diet of meat, fish, vegetables. It will be fairly low carb, so if you feel the need for some starch, eat sweet potatoes, and white rice (not brown, it contains gluten). Keep alcohol to a minimum, especially wine.

Unfortunately, people love popping pills. But, if we simply ate the right foods, much of the Diseases of Civilizations (DOCs) would disappear (obesity, diabetes, allergies, depression, autism, heart disease, etc.)

Good luck.

- Neti pot

- eye drops

How about allergy tests----to see if you're allergic to:

Whiny subs

Safeword addicts

Sams

Topping from the bottom

Serial Cancellers

Roman Hands, Russian fingers and Mad Gropers

- Neti pot

- eye drops

Take Zyrtec ,Allegra ,Claritin etc. before you go to bed they work for 24 hrs so you might as well be drowsy when you want to sleep , Nasonex also works well and i agree with coffee or Green Tea with Honey in the Am ,I also use advair once in a while , I might also add that i have a honeywell air purifier in my bedroom .

Thank you all for your recommendations!

I do believe in natural remedies and have really looked into the food sources that are good and bad for allergies. I try to stay away from medication but sometimes you get desperate! I will look into the different allergy medicines recommended as I honestly will try anything at this point.

I do believe in natural remedies and have really looked into the food sources that are good and bad for allergies. I try to stay away from medication but sometimes you get desperate! I will look into the different allergy medicines recommended as I honestly will try anything at this point.

Try using a neti pot with a pinch of sea salt in warm water. Do this in the morning and before bed. Maybe during the day if you can. Try alternate nostril breathing techniques (Nadi Shodhana) if you're stuffed up. If you're not familiar with them any yoga website should have instructions.

While I mentioned the foods to cut out in my response, it is well more complicated than simply what foods are allergies triggers. Yes, some people are 'allergic' to certain foods, so obviously should not eat them. But allergies are an overall symptom of a taxed immune system. Grains are a major problem, and humans did not evolved to eat them in the quantities we do (especially refined). Grains are not well absorbed, and the protein of the grain penetrates the wall of the small intestine, and is literally attacked by antibodies sent out to take care of these 'invaders' just as the body would do with a pathogen!

I highly recommend a book called The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf (and his blog, robbwolf.com). He is one of many scientists and doctors who now have a better understanding of the symbiosis of food and health. It also is worth getting bloodwork done to see what some of your triggers are.

I know everyone on here giving advice means well, but it is simply common knowledge or though. Yes, saline washes help. Yes, pills can help. But, these options do no more than cover up the symptoms. What needs to be asked and addressed is: Why is there a problem?

MTran,

I sincerely hope that You eventually discover a remedy that ultimately works for You.

How about allergy tests----to see if you're allergic to:

Whiny subs

Safeword addicts

Sams

Topping from the bottom

Serial Cancellers

Roman Hands, Russian fingers and Mad Gropers

ilnt,

I must imagine these particular allergies are shared by most Dommes. I would also imagine that in there arsenal is contained more than just a few cures.