Game of Thrones, anyone?

I just saw the season finale. I found Shae and Tyrion's very touching he is my fav and I hate the way his fam is always shitting on him. also found it very sexy when Danny got chained up but the look on her face when she burned the wizard while still chained looking down on his writhing body was priceless. Then there was the scene where the manly looking female knight killed the guy by slowly pushing her sword in and up through his lower belly like she was f**king him to death.

Now you have to read all the books so that we can have an in depth discussion of the plot and how I'm freaking out! I love being able to have visual references for characters but I think I like the books better...

Hell yeah!! I'm a Games fan too!!

Not at all surprised that the coolest, most amazing ladies on Earth, the beauties of the Fortress, are into the show too...........

First discovered the show before the start of this second season...watched an HBO "Making of Thrones..." special & first saw Emilia Clarke (Dani Stormborn Targaryen). WOW!!!!! I was immediately hooked!!

In true "geek" fashion, as M. Choi, puts it...I stayed up into the wee hours of the night reading the synopses of all the first season's episodes, before catching up thru Netflix!! Looking forward to tonight's finale!!!

Down with the Lannisters!!!!

Long live the FORTRESS!!!! :smile:

Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I gave my old set of books away I ended up purchasing a new set once the HBO series sucked me back in. Had to get rid of them because you seriously can't get much done while reading or even re-reading them. I really don't have the time now, but couldn't resist.

The only thing that has annoyed me about the films is they made Hodor an old man. Might be okay if the actor could play a happy dumbfuck, but he just doesn't carry it off. I liked Hodor.... I sort of identified with him (oh just stop it, Choi!).

it helps that their major screenwriter is G.R.R. Martin himself. No need to worry about the script playing havoc with the books. And I just can't seem to get worked up over the fact that Daenerhys gets naked more than she really has to to serve the plot. Nope, doesn't seem to bother me at all....

• 2 weeks later...

I like Hodor. I think he pulls off "happy dumbfuck" fairly well - he lumbers about and smiles somewhat vacantly. Maybe I just recognize "happy dumbfuck" better than you can, spankbri :-)

Since I gave my old set of books away I ended up purchasing a new set once the HBO series sucked me back in. Had to get rid of them because you seriously can't get much done while reading or even re-reading them. I really don't have the time now, but couldn't resist.

The only thing that has annoyed me about the films is they made Hodor an old man. Might be okay if the actor could play a happy dumbfuck, but he just doesn't carry it off. I liked Hodor.... I sort of identified with him (oh just stop it, Choi!).

it helps that their major screenwriter is G.R.R. Martin himself. No need to worry about the script playing havoc with the books. And I just can't seem to get worked up over the fact that Daenerhys gets naked more than she really has to to serve the plot. Nope, doesn't seem to bother me at all....

M Choi,

Seems like you like the idea of having a blank and mindless subject there to perform your every wish and command. Maybe next session you can hop on ur subjects back and make them carry you around the room simply for your amusement.

I like Hodor. I think he pulls off "happy dumbfuck" fairly well - he lumbers about and smiles somewhat vacantly. Maybe I just recognize "happy dumbfuck" better than you can, spankbri :-)

Which bring me to the question... If you met the imp, would you prefer to domne or sub?

I mean he's clearly the intellectual of the lannisters but also a deviant. Would it be fun for you to be sub to duh a small but "powerful" man?

I don't think the imp could bear to see a woman harmed in any way. Remember him after Joffrey's demonstration?

He's desperate for a woman to conquer him, break him ;)

I like Hodor. I think he pulls off "happy dumbfuck" fairly well - he lumbers about and smiles somewhat vacantly. Maybe I just recognize "happy dumbfuck" better than you can, spankbri :smile:

I have sort of resigned myself to being a happy dumbfuck in your presence, my dear mistress. Just the effect you have on me, and all my complaining about it doesn't seem to do any good.

• 9 months later...

I am so necroing this thread. Season 3 has started! Anyone else excited? We are getting some strong players added to the cast. Olenna Redwyne is going to be awesome. Dat matriarchy! The house of flowers has it right.

I'm still sad we won't be seeing any Dornish men this season. Ugh, I fucking love the Dornes. The red viper gets me all flustered, and don't even get me started on Dark Star.

• 1 year later...

This video went viral in my office and the gym tonight - really incredible!  I don't watch Game Of Thrones, but I heard Hafthor Bjornsson was one of the main characters in the show:

I recently had my DNA tested and found out I'm 3% Scandinavian, which, in my mind, I take to mean 3% VIKING!  So awesome!  Trying to really exploit that meager 3% in the gym!

This video went viral in my office and the gym tonight - really incredible!  I don't watch Game Of Thrones, but I heard Hafthor Bjornsson was one of the main characters in the show:

I recently had my DNA tested and found out I'm 3% Scandinavian, which, in my mind, I take to mean 3% VIKING!  So awesome!  Trying to really exploit that meager 3% in the gym!

Phred:

How much does that cost? Does your insurance cover it?

Dannyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished book 5. The wait for book 6 is going to be excruciating! Sucks even more not knowing if Martin is going to live to finish the last book. Im in love with the world he created. Also to the above poster. There is no such thing as "the main actor" in this series. Saying that you are friends with the main actor implies that you know one of more than a dozen people who are all equally important to the series. So if you don't mind me asking, which character do you know?

I have read all the books. I hate to sound like the proverbial d-bag that always has to say the books are better than other media based off them, but they really are. Sure there are a lot of chapter that I think are wastes, but I've never read a more organized series. Martin clearly uses a lot of history as inspiration but the imagination he's put into it is unparalleled. The wait until the next one, is been super annoying. Sounds stupid but it's been one of my bigger fears that one never gets released.

That being said I like the show much better than when it started. I think they killed it last season, especially with the last two episodes. I can't wait to see what direction they head since they are running out of the source material.

I have not read the books yet but maybe one day.  I hear how wonderful the books are from good friends but it is a commitment.  I LOVE the show though especially because when I was a kid, I was obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons.   Other girls wanted a pony but all I wanted was a dragon. 

I really like watching these recaps:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ca436648ca/gay-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-ep-4

* SPOILER ALERT: for those who have not watched the show!