The Art of Restraint

Mistress Rey

I admire the mastery of bondage, such as demonstrated in the works of Suzuki Rage who hails from Japan. He creates meticulously crafted images of beautifully bound women. I love the asymmetric ties, how he accentuates their forms by framing parts of their bodies with geometric patterns of rope. One limb tied, a bared nipple framed, for example.

It's so visually rewarding to go through his galleries.

(Which you can find here: http://ropemagic.art.coocan.jp/

Which are your favorite bondage ties? Have any other bondage artists to share?

post-36032-0-00793200-1420613863_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-82012000-1420613863_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-91826700-1420613864_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-35979800-1420613865_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-77641300-1420613865_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-07667900-1420613866_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-45623000-1420613866_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-77429000-1420613866_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-17917200-1420613867_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-76125200-1420613879_thumb.jpg

post-36032-0-23917100-1420613880_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire the mastery of bondage, such as demonstrated in the works of Suzuki Rage who hails from Japan. He creates meticulously crafted images of beautifully bound women. I love the asymmetric ties, how he accentuates their forms by framing parts of their bodies with geometric patterns of rope. One limb tied, a bared nipple framed, for example.

It's so visually rewarding to go through his galleries.

(Which you can find here: http://ropemagic.art.coocan.jp/

Which are your favorite bondage ties? Have any other bondage artists to share?

HOTTTT

Factoid:  Japanese art tends to favor asymmetry while Chinese art is all about the symmetry.

so interesting. why is that?

is it related to the theory of beauty in both cultures- that japanese people prefer details of a person's features that make them more individualized- for example, a gap tooth, a crooked nose, they wouldn't be as likely to get fixed? and chinese culture is about practicing calligraphy forever and ever until it reaches the ideal, an image of perfection?

is it related to the theory of beauty in both cultures- that japanese people prefer details of a person's features that make them more individualized- for example, a gap tooth, a crooked nose, they wouldn't be as likely to get fixed? and chinese culture is about practicing calligraphy forever and ever until it reaches the ideal, an image of perfection?

Maybe, though I feel like that "practicing until reaching perfection" thing is also a very Japanese ideal too (e.g. the sushi chef, Jiro). What I can see regarding asymmetry is a love of nature and balance, and very often nature is asymmetrical. Bonsai and zen gardens are just two examples of art-in-nature, and both exhibit lots of beautiful asymmetry... though only bonsai reminds me of my failed attempt to keep a bonsai tree :(

Thanks for posting the great pics and welcome Mistress Rey

I enjoy sailing, I love the feel of rope and can tie a few basic knots. Being bound is a safe and secure, relaxed feeling. Mistress Tran and Mistress Zhao have tied me up at the end of a session. Having them wrapping around and around and threading the rope was just a perfect ending.

That's an interesting observation, Mistress Fei. The Japanese do have an aesthetic ideal they call wabisabi, which values imperfection and transience as something beautiful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi 

• 2 weeks later...

I like to restrain the hell out of packages too:

attachicon.gifGift Bondage.jpg

Ha! That's hilarious.

I love furoshikis. They remind me of a lot of Japanese things: they're extremely practical, but using them properly entails attention, effort, and even mastery. I guess bondage is like that, too. It's practical to tie a sub down while you electrocute his balls, but to tie him down properly, and artfully, is not as simple as tying a knot. 

By the way these photos are super hot, Mistress Rey! Thanks for sharing! They make me want to brandish a paddle...

Thanks for posting the great pics and welcome Mistress Rey

I enjoy sailing, I love the feel of rope and can tie a few basic knots. Being bound is a safe and secure, relaxed feeling. Mistress Tran and Mistress Zhao have tied me up at the end of a session. Having them wrapping around and around and threading the rope was just a perfect ending.

Surely it was!