Question of Loyalty

This is a purely hypothetical question. This is not a predicament I would ever place someone in.

You used to be a loyal servant of Mistress "A". She has told you something in confidence and you assured her discretion. For whatever reason, that relationship is no longer and you now loyally serve Mistress "B". She asks you to reveal this specific thing. What do you do? Do you remain loyal to your previous or current Mistress? Would it depend on something? what?

55 minutes ago, Mistress Kang said:

This is a purely hypothetical question. This is not a predicament I would ever place someone in.

You used to be a loyal servant of Mistress "A". She has told you something in confidence and you assured her discretion. For whatever reason, that relationship is no longer and you now loyally serve Mistress "B". She asks you to reveal this specific thing. What do you do? Do you remain loyal to your previous or current Mistress? Would it depend on something? what?

I feel it really depends on the nature of thing told -  if- by revealing whatever  Mistress "A" told the slave and it would hurt Mistress "A" in any way ( personal or professional life ) it should be kept confidential ( it should be like it was never told to the slave )

I think most would feel this way 

Adam 

I would tell Mistress B that I keep confidences as a matter of personal integrity, not loyalty. If Mistress B kept pushing, it would be the last time we played. If a mistress expects me to betray other's secrets, I start wondering about what confidences of mine she might be willing to betray 

2 hours ago, jpcpat said:

I would tell Mistress B that I keep confidences as a matter of personal integrity, not loyalty. If Mistress B kept pushing, it would be the last time we played. If a mistress expects me to betray other's secrets, I start wondering about what confidences of mine she might be willing to betray 

Well put!

4 hours ago, jpcpat said:

I guess it depends on how serious the confidence was, but if it was serious...my response would be similar to jpcpat's.  I'd probably try to be very respectful to Mistress B and explain how very sorry I was, though.  In a scene, that is.  I'd be a little less formal outside of a scene.  But yeah, I'd have to rethink Mistress B if she kept pushing.

Taking the phrase "loyal servant" very seriously, one thing I can tell you for sure is that my eyes would well up with tears. If I loyally serve Mistress B, it must also be true that I trust and respect her, so I doubt I'd dismiss or reject her request out of hand. The way you frame the situation, it sounds like it would feel to me like a betrayal of Mistress A to divulge it to Mistress B, and I'd hope that Mistress B would understand my commitment. But I really wouldn't want Mistress B to think my commitment to Mistress A diminished my devotion and loyalty to her, and the risk of that would be scary for me.

2 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Would your answers change if your relationship with Mistress B was many years old, as long as or longer than your relationship with Mistress A? I think a longer relationship means a stronger one and possibly more difficult to break off.

I'd like to think Mistress B would know enough about me to take no for an answer. If not, then I have been wrong about her all this time, and I'm going to start wondering if my secrets are safe with her. Maybe loyalty would bring me back for another session or 2, but once trust is shattered, the handwriting is on the wall. 

21 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

This is a purely hypothetical question. This is not a predicament I would ever place someone inYou used to be a loyal servant of Mistress "A". She has told you something in confidence and you assured her discretion. For whatever reason, that relationship is no longer and you now loyally serve Mistress "B". She asks you to reveal this specific thing. What do you do? Do you remain loyal to your previous or current Mistress? Would it depend on something? what?

What ever Mistress A  told me must go to the grave with me.  What ever I told Mistress A  needs to go to the grave with her.  Or you have zero trust.

12 hours ago, questionmarks said:

Taking the phrase "loyal servant" very seriously, one thing I can tell you for sure is that my eyes would well up with tears. If I loyally serve Mistress B, it must also be true that I trust and respect her, so I doubt I'd dismiss or reject her request out of hand. The way you frame the situation, it sounds like it would feel to me like a betrayal of Mistress A to divulge it to Mistress B, and I'd hope that Mistress B would understand my commitment. But I really wouldn't want Mistress B to think my commitment to Mistress A diminished my devotion and loyalty to her, and the risk of that would be scary for me.

Would it be scary enough for you to divulge to eventually Mistress B?

21 hours ago, Adam-Dunn said:

I feel it really depends on the nature of thing told -  if- by revealing whatever  Mistress "A" told the slave and it would hurt Mistress "A" in any way ( personal or professional life ) it should be kept confidential ( it should be like it was never told to the slave )

Adam 

But who decides if or how it would hurt Mistress A? Would you ask Mistress A? How do you make this decision?

Dear Ms. Kang:

It seems that I already sent in a reply but it is nowhere to be found. I will try my best to recapture what I said.

I go by a certain code. I have been privy to certain personal and private information about a number of Mistresses over the years. I am honor bound to keep secrets even if I no longer session with any of those Mistresses. Any Mistess who tries to get me to talk about things deemed private or secret will lose me as a client if my firm no is unacceptable.

I can think of a hypothetical situation in which a Mistress could interfere with my vanilla life, for instance, and that would invalidate the sense of honor between us. Since it hasn't happened so far I doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime. 

Now if I ever wrote my memoirs I would have to disguise the identities of the Ladies to protect them. Jessy Kang would be someone obscure like "the tall, busty, blonde, Chinese Mistrees who has her own dungeon in Chinatown and who is referred to by her Chinese name by her landlord." In that way I would preserve her secrecy and still tell my story.

Dannyboy 

18 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Would your answers change if your relationship with Mistress B was many years old, as long as or longer than your relationship with Mistress A? I think a longer relationship means a stronger one and possibly more difficult to break off.

Potentially my answer could change.  If Mistress B is asking me to reveal the "specific thing", it may be apparent that she has knowledge of Mistress A and "the thing".  If it seems like Mistress B already has the information and my confirmation of such could bring no harm, I might confirm.  What the "specific thing" is would be important.  

6 hours ago, Mistress Kang said:

Would it be scary enough for you to divulge to eventually Mistress B?

Tough question, MJK! A few years ago I would've said categorically no, but I've learned to loosen my grip on my sense of ideals and morals a bit. Commitments and loyalty are very important, but I'm not living in a vacuum, and I'm not always my own best guide. Relationships are collaborative, and if someone I love and trust is pushing me out of my comfort zone, it's arrogant not to at least consider that I'm being foolish. It's impossible, of course, to really know how I'd respond to these two imaginary individuals, and without embodying the way I'd encounter myself in relation to them, but I think I can say this: If not divulging seemed genuinely to hurt Mistress B, and I didn't think it would hurt Mistress A other than the fact of breach of the commitment, then the answer to your question would likely be yes.

Is that still a cop-out?

18 hours ago, questionmarks said:

Tough question, MJK! A few years ago I would've said categorically no, but I've learned to loosen my grip on my sense of ideals and morals a bit. Commitments and loyalty are very important, but I'm not living in a vacuum, and I'm not always my own best guide. Relationships are collaborative, and if someone I love and trust is pushing me out of my comfort zone, it's arrogant not to at least consider that I'm being foolish. It's impossible, of course, to really know how I'd respond to these two imaginary individuals, and without embodying the way I'd encounter myself in relation to them, but I think I can say this: If not divulging seemed genuinely to hurt Mistress B, and I didn't think it would hurt Mistress A other than the fact of breach of the commitment, then the answer to your question would likely be yes.

Is that still a cop-out?

I like this response, it’s realistic and takes the complicated emotions of the dilemma into account. When someone is submitting they are usually more pliable, and even likely to do something that would be a hard “no” in a less charged situation and I don’t think that is limited to just a session activity. While I think remaining strong in the face of such pressure to betray a loyalty to Mistress A is the objective “right thing to do,” I think many more would be tempted to divulge than are willing to admit out loud. 

On 5/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, Adam-Dunn said:

Adam 

No, "most" do not.