Clowns and other terrors

Spirits in the Dark (irrational fear or heightened awareness?)

A lot of older residents who grew up in New Orleans, some of the most brilliant & influential artists in the world, like Jelly Roll Morton for example) have said that when they turn the lights out when they sleep at night, they can feel spirits touching them.

One time, about 15 years ago, when I was working as a musician, I had work out of the city so I was temporarily staying at this house in New Jersey for a few weeks with a very nice Hispanic family that lived downstairs & rented the upstairs rooms out so I lived in one of the rooms & when I was sleeping at night, it kept feeling like someone was tapping me on the back - it was happening every night - I kept getting up all the time to see what it was & noone was there - one night I felt someone pinch my back really hard & I jumped up out of my sleep but noone was there.

On the weekends, the house was empty - I was the only one there and I had a gig one Saturday night so I took an afternoon nap so that I could be 100% rested for the gig so I restrung my guitar with a brand new set of strings for the gig and then I went to pick up the paper bag that the strings came in that was on the bed & the bag moved by itself in the air for a few seconds & moved a few inches away and landed back on the bed as if an invisible person picked it up & dropped it back on the bed - it didn’t look like the wind moved it - it was like not enough to definitely say it was supernatural, but enough to make you stop & wonder if I was really alone in that room - so I thought - it has to be the wind - I had the window closed but I figured the breeze came from the hall but now as I write this, I just realized, if it was the wind, why was the paper bag the only thing in the room that moved? There were other papers on the bed right next to the bag - receipts, food wrappers, etc. - they didn’t move.

So I go to take a nap and I shut the light off in the room but I was able to see the light at the bottom of the door coming from the window in the hallway outside - the space at the bottom of the door was high so it was big gap of light - but it was about 4 or 5 pm so it wasn't too bright - it had more of a soft light - so I go to take a nap & I'm in a deep sleep for about an hour & I feel someone's hand wrapping around the back of my neck trying to choke me so I immediately wake up, assuming that I was dreaming but I look at the light at the bottom of the door & all of a sudden I see a shadow pass along the bottom of the door from right to left - blocking the light from the window in the hallway - it looked just like someone walked passed the door in the hallway right outside of the room but there were no sounds of footsteps & this shadow looked like it was floating like a ghost - it really felt like someone was out there outside my door but I went outside the door & nobody else was home.

I was like - okay - nap time is over - I took a shower & went to the gig - now that I think about - could it have been a tree moving from the wind - if I remember, I don't think there any trees right outside that window - I saw that light from the gap at the door all the time every day when I woke up & I never saw a shadow pass any other time. Maybe it's good to be a little afraid of the dark.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have one hanging on my wall....so does that mean you won't come into my apt?

That's unfortunate for you since I like to walk around my apt naked!

My wall has many framed creatures most people fear...scorpions, turantulas, and other large bugs haha.

What an incredible photo - so beautiful & exotic & the black heels are awesome - beautiful hair, face & eyebrows.

gallery_12299_109_15889.jpg

Hi Mistress Tran - how are You? Is this the wall & is that the turantula in the photo frame? Is it a photo or an actual turantula? If it's dead, I can probably handle it but if it fell off the wall, I wouldn't even wait to see if the glass broke - I would run out of the bldg. as fast as possible - I used to see those turantulas in glass plaques in those motorcycle shops on 8 St. & on Bleeker St. - I think I may have even touched one but if it fell on the floor - I would run out of the store before I even found out if the glass broke.

I used to feel safe living in Manhattan because there are so few spiders - but now I heard that they opened a spider museum in the Museum of Natural History & they say it's the worst nightmare for someone with arachnaphobia - now the upper west side probably has more turantulas than all of the southern continents combined - if there's an earthquake in Manhattan & those glass cases break - I'm running over the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn before they get loose and start running down CPW & all over Manhattan.

Imagine being in a session with a Mistress & you're tied up & She walks in & you're wondering why She has that crazy look in Her eyes & then you notice thay She has a turantula in Her hand - I'm totally freaking myself out - I'm picturing all of the Fortress Goddesses playing with turantulas - they have 8 eyes - what a weird scenario - the ultimate beauty mixed with the worst horror - I'm totally freaking out.

Somebody once told me that when She lived in Central America, everyone had to sleep with nets on their faces every night because the tutantulas would come into all of the houses and walk on their faces while they were sleeping & people would wake up with turantulas on their faces every night - It's possible She may have been just teasing me but maybe not because She looked very serious when She was saying it.

The dark - I definitely have an irrational fear of the dark :( ....

Hey Phred,how are you? - I just wanted to say thanks for sharing that - it inspired me to write my post about my experience in NJ, which I rarely talk about - I've told a few musician friends about it at the time but they didn't really want to get into it - I usually am up at night but when I am sleeping at night, when other people are home, I have no problem sleeping in the dark - if I'm home by myself at night - I usually have the light on - it's not the dark that scares me - it's what's in the dark.

I actually have one hanging on my wall....so does that mean you won't come into my apt?

That's unfortunate for you since I like to walk around my apt naked!

My wall has many framed creatures most people fear...scorpions, turantulas, and other large bugs haha.

I would like to be a fly on that wall.

Hey Phred,how are you? - I just wanted to say thanks for sharing that - it inspired me to write my post about my experience in NJ, which I rarely talk about - I've told a few musician friends about it at the time but they didn't really want to get into it - I usually am up at night but when I am sleeping at night, when other people are home, I have no problem sleeping in the dark - if I'm home by myself at night - I usually have the light on - it's not the dark that scares me - it's what's in the dark.

whoops Johnny .........you would have a issue with me lol I am big into Zodiac and i have a tattoo of my sign on my arm Well let's just say i was born in Nov ^_^

What an incredible photo - so beautiful & exotic & the black heels are awesome - beautiful hair, face & eyebrows.

gallery_12299_109_15889.jpg

Hi Mistress Tran - how are You? Is this the wall & is that the turantula in the photo frame? Is it a photo or an actual turantula? If it's dead, I can probably handle it but if it fell off the wall, I wouldn't even wait to see if the glass broke - I would run out of the bldg. as fast as possible - I used to see those turantulas in glass plaques in those motorcycle shops on 8 St. & on Bleeker St. - I think I may have even touched one but if it fell on the floor - I would run out of the store before I even found out if the glass broke.

I used to feel safe living in Manhattan because there are so few spiders - but now I heard that they opened a spider museum in the Museum of Natural History & they say it's the worst nightmare for someone with arachnaphobia - now the upper west side probably has more turantulas than all of the southern continents combined - if there's an earthquake in Manhattan & those glass cases break - I'm running over the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn before they get loose and start running down CPW & all over Manhattan.

Imagine being in a session with a Mistress & you're tied up & She walks in & you're wondering why She has that crazy look in Her eyes & then you notice thay She has a turantula in Her hand - I'm totally freaking myself out - I'm picturing all of the Fortress Goddesses playing with turantulas - they have 8 eyes - what a weird scenario - the ultimate beauty mixed with the worst horror - I'm totally freaking out.

Mistress Tran in the Movie Hostel a man had women's heads hanging in his home like deer's that where mounted. <Bevis and Butthead reference> he said mounted hahahha. Any ways i would like to hang in your aprt. Here is my audition

post-18173-0-36688800-1330779855_thumb.jpg

Mistress Tran in the Movie Hostel a man had women's heads hanging in his home like deer's that where mounted. <Bevis and Butthead reference> he said mounted hahahha. Any ways i would like to hang in your aprt. Here is my audition

Cool Tattoo - is that a scorpian? Scorpians usually don't bother me - although the one in this photo looks huge- like the size of a small dog - I would definitely keep a distance from this if I saw it walking around in the woods.

Black_scorpion.jpg

whoops Johnny .........you would have a issue with me lol I am big into Zodiac and i have a tattoo of my sign on my arm Well let's just say i was born in Nov ^_^

No - I have no issues with anyone & definitely no issues with any kind of occult or astrology or anything like that. - I've been a musician most of my life so I'm always interested in different cultures & beliefs, etc & I've seen seen some strange phenomena a few times in my life that gave me an eerie feeling - actually if there is a spirit in the same room with me, I wouldn't be jumping for joy about it but it would be better than a turantula.

Is the first Hostel a good movie? I saw the 2nd one a bunch of times on cable - the ending was great - I was thinking, how is she gonna get out of this - there's no way & then she's like I'll buy my way out of here & they were like You can't afford it & she's like I have so much money I can buy & sell everyone in this place - she was so cool - sick movie but very enjoyable.

I did have a calvinism phobia a while back but calvinism (the belief that before the world was ever created, the human race was created specifically for the purpose of being condemned to hell) is so complex & gets more complex as you study it deeper, I just decided to abondon it & try not ever think about it - I figured I'd try to deal with my arachnaphobia & claustrophobia instead.

I once read somewhere - I think - it was under a bottle cap - that the average person swallows approximately 8 or 9 spiders in their lifetime - twice in my life I tried to live in the suburbs - 1 place was a brand new apt just renovated & there were daddy long spiders walking all over me every night - like 20 a night - within a week I moved back to Manhattan - the other time, years before was a house in a wooded area & there all these big furry grey striped spiders that would always come on the bed - again I went back to Manhattan - it seems like the minute you step out of Manhattan the rest of the world is infested with spiders - when I was just out of high school I was working with organic produce & there so many spiders in the fruit - especially black widows - luckily they were frozen so we had time to take them outside before they thawed out - I once stayed in a hotel in NJ & when I woke up the chair next to my bed had a black widow spider.

No - I have no issues with anyone & definitely no issues with any kind of occult or astrology or anything like that. - I've been a musician most of my life so I'm always interested in different cultures & beliefs, etc & I've seen seen some strange phenomena a few times in my life that gave me an eerie feeling - actually if there is a spirit in the same room with me, I wouldn't be jumping for joy about it but it would be better than a turantula.

Is the first Hostel a good movie? I saw the 2nd one a bunch of times on cable - the ending was great - I was thinking, how is she gonna get out of this - there's no way & then she's like I'll buy my way out of here & they were like You can't afford it & she's like I have so much money I can buy & sell everyone in this place - she was so cool - sick movie but very enjoyable.

I thought the first one was better i did like them both. Yes it is a scorpian tattoo of my zodiac one day different than the great Mistress Ree

The first Hostel is way more gorey and fucked up. For what it is, it is good. But, it isn't for the timid. Eli Roth's approach was with Hostel 1 to model it after the more extreme Japanese horrors, and with Hostel 2, model it after European (especially Italian) horror of the late 70s and 80s. You can see the different stylistic approaches in art direction, cinematography, and tone. The second is also a bit more tongue-in-cheek, while the first is more serious.

I've heard the third, which he didn't direct, and is set in Vegas is quite awful.

The first Hostel is way more gorey and fucked up. For what it is, it is good. But, it isn't for the timid. Eli Roth's approach was with Hostel 1 to model it after the more extreme Japanese horrors, and with Hostel 2, model it after European (especially Italian) horror of the late 70s and 80s. You can see the different stylistic approaches in art direction, cinematography, and tone. The second is also a bit more tongue-in-cheek, while the first is more serious.

I've heard the third, which he didn't direct, and is set in Vegas is quite awful.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it - that was really helpful - I'm definitely gonna see that movie the first chance I get - have a good one.