Favorite movie

Mistress Fei

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was honestly so refreshing seeing Wonder Woman - a movie about a woman not told from the male gaze. It was like putting on glasses for the first time and realizing that we don't need any gratuitous shots of Gal Gadot's ass for it to be a good movie. 

Ah amazing :D

Hi questionmarks,

Honestly no.  Acting doesn't hit me emotionally.  I enjoy movies and films that have great stories and make me think.   Like there were a couple of things in Black Panther I wished they explored more.  One of which being the Rhinos at the end.  I wish there was more of a reason for them to be added to the action.  A co-worker of mine was saying that Ryan Coogler wanted to have a sub plot about the poaching of Rhinos.  He asked Marvel if he could incorporate the Spider-Man villain Kraven into the movie.  Kraven is a hunter/poacher and an evil badass.  Marvel wouldn't allow Kraven in the movie because they are already developing a story line for that character in future MCU movies.  I think Coogler had a great idea and wish they could have worked it into Black Panther.

Did it make you think? Is acting not part of storytelling for you? Does story hit you emotionally? One of the amazing and wonderful things, to me, about art in general, and popular media in particular, is just how differently different audiences can encounter one and the same work. 

I'm anticipating more war rhinos in MCU movies, and looking forward to it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:44 PM, Mistress Vivienne Fang said:

Apparently this is a controversial opinion now - but I really am a big fan of the DCEU films. My personal favorites are Batman v Superman and Wonder Woman. I liked Justice League as well. I'm a huge comic book fan, and don't really give a shit what critics think. If the comic book fan in me is pleased, I think it's a good movie.

Ms. Fang, I feel like I need to do a lunch or dinner and Domme session now.  I'd love to discuss/debate with you.  For one thing, I know it's cliche to talk about how Batman vs Superman sucked.  The thing is, it SUUUUCKED (LOL!)

On 2/18/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jayman said:

Did you really tear up in Wonder Woman and Black Panther?  Why?  I've never been brought to tears from watching a movie.  Well, thats not true.  I did cry when I saw the original Godzilla from 1954. I cried because they killed Godzilla at the end and I was 5 years old. 

On my second viewing of Wonder Woman, once they left Themyscira, I already knew the movie and everything that was going happen so I just turned it off.  Don't get me wrong I thought WW was a really good superhero flick I just knew I wasn't going to be surprised by anything.  Also when I see SCIFI/Superhero or fantasy movies I really enjoy the world building and wanted to spend more time in Themyscira.  That is one thing I rally liked about Black Panther, we got to spend a lot of the movie in Wakanda.   

I don't know what it is but I cry easier at movies than at anything in real life.  I cried in Wonder Woman when (spoilers I guess) Steve Trevor died, mostly because it sucked for Diana, and also because it was so fucking beautiful to see that instead of crying about it she psyched her up to blow off that layer of warped steel that had trapped her and let her kick Aries' ass.

I don't try to second-guess where movies are going so I don't usually outthink them too much, but I didn't know where the plot of WW was going.  I knew that Diana was naive about thinking she could defeat one villain and end all war, but I was honestly interested to see what was going to happen when she had to confront it.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, questionmarks said:

A lot of tears fell from my eyes during Black Panther, and likely will again when I see it again. Part of it is simply the subtle storytelling and compelling characters (did Sterling K. Brown elicit nothing in you, Jayman??), part of it is the thrill of the ever-urgent historical/social commentary, part of it is the sheer exhilaration of seeing so many amazing black female characters in such big-scale popular entertainment—and sadness at how long it's taken. I mean, just the mere fact of the costume design and the hair. Tears of joy.

Respect.  Haven't seen Black Panther yet but I'm even more psyched now.  Sometimes I get a little misty when a movie just does stuff SO right!

• 2 months later...

Hi TDM,

I went to the Marvel screening on Wednesday night and loved it.  It was so much fun!  I honestly enjoyed every minute of it and felt like 4 year old Jayman when I left the theater.   Thanos was the best Marvel villain and when you think about it he's really the star of the movie.  I don't know how I feel about how kids are going to react to the ending.  A little girl sitting in front of me started crying when she saw the final scene between Iron Man and Spiderman. 

57 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Hi TDM,

I went to the Marvel screening on Wednesday night and loved it.  It was so much fun!  I honestly enjoyed every minute of it and felt like 4 year old Jayman when I left the theater.   Thanos was the best Marvel villain and when you think about it he's really the star of the movie.  I don't know how I feel about how kids are going to react to the ending.  A little girl sitting in front of me started crying when she saw the final scene between Iron Man and Spiderman. 

You are absolutely right about Thanos.  If I had any complaints about Marvel films (which I really love them all) it would be the lack of really great villains.  Until now Loki was the standout for me.  Thanos makes Loki pale in comparison.  It will be interesting to see how the resolve the story in the next movie.

• 2 months later...

Ok, here are my thoughts on the summer movies so far.  As I posted earlier I loved Infinity War. Deadpool was fun.  I loved Solo.  Incredibles 2 was good.  Jurassic World 2 was so-so.  And I really liked Ant-Man and the Wasp (the mid-credits seen was awesome). Those are the moves I've seen so far.

Being a Star Wars fan Solo is my biased favorite, but you can't go wrong with those Marvel films.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:42 PM, kevybaby said:

Been watching a ton of movies recently. Just watched Eyes Wide Shut for the first time and loved it. That orgy scene also... Kubrick does no wrong. If you guys want a femdommish movie I'd definitely watch Only God Forgives. Really good, cinematography is incredible and for that alone I'd watch it. Also been on a horror movie kick a bit recently, watched The Conjuring which was fine, It Follows which was pretty good, and The Vvitch which made me afraid of the dark for the night. Gotta watch The Babadook next, also recommend me other good horror/thriller movies. Watched Count of Monte Cristo against my will and it was basically just one of those ultimate male fantasy movies where he starts off as weak and poor and he's a victim because people steal his girl and fuck him over and then he becomes the man and strong and educated and fucks them over to get revenge and becomes rich and gets his girl back and guilts her and stuff even though she still loved him after all those years. Kind of funny though is that the actor who plays the main character is basically type-cast as a dude who gets beat up a lot - gets whipped and stuff a bunch in this movie, he was Jesus in Passion of the Christ so gets whipped and shit there too, and he was actually in some movie that I forget where does go to a dominatrix for at least a scene, so gets whipped there too lmao. But Guy Pierce was in this movie and I do like Guy Pierce. Watched Terminators 1 and 2 also recently and those were fun and I want to be as big as Arnold by the end of this summer. Watched Ready Player One and it was whatever. Been watching too many movies. 

The Eyes Wide shut orgy dream is what orgy dreams are made of.