Clowns and other terrors

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Phred,how are you? - I just wanted to say thanks for sharing that - it inspired me to write my post about my experience in NJ, which I rarely talk about - I've told a few musician friends about it at the time but they didn't really want to get into it - I usually am up at night but when I am sleeping at night, when other people are home, I have no problem sleeping in the dark - if I'm home by myself at night - I usually have the light on - it's not the dark that scares me - it's what's in the dark.

Hey Johnny! That was a great story! I've definitely had a few encounters with the supernatural, both in my last house and my current one. Probably the most scary was in my last house. We were sleeping one night with our cats when we were woken up by the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Our bedroom door was closed, and our cats were staring wide-eyed at the door. The footsteps came up the stairs, down the hall and stopped at our bedroom door. Then, nothing. Scared the crap out of me!

In our current house, there seems to be an older gentleman who lives on our stairs. We had some people come over who used to live in our house several years ago, and they told us stories of seeing a man go up and down the stairs in heavy black boots. I've never seen anyone, but I've definitely occasionally caught some movement out of the corner of my eye, which has made me catch my breath. Always freaks me out when my cat will sit at the top and stare down the stairs, wide-eyed with a fat tail. If I'm alone in the house, I don't get too much sleep because I have one eye closed and the other eye on the stairs :) !

Spirits in the Dark (irrational fear or heightened awareness?)

A lot of older residents who grew up in New Orleans, some of the most brilliant & influential artists in the world, like Jelly Roll Morton for example) have said that when they turn the lights out when they sleep at night, they can feel spirits touching them.

One time, about 15 years ago, when I was working as a musician, I had work out of the city so I was temporarily staying at this house in New Jersey for a few weeks with a very nice Hispanic family that lived downstairs & rented the upstairs rooms out so I lived in one of the rooms & when I was sleeping at night, it kept feeling like someone was tapping me on the back - it was happening every night - I kept getting up all the time to see what it was & noone was there - one night I felt someone pinch my back really hard & I jumped up out of my sleep but noone was there.

On the weekends, the house was empty - I was the only one there and I had a gig one Saturday night so I took an afternoon nap so that I could be 100% rested for the gig so I restrung my guitar with a brand new set of strings for the gig and then I went to pick up the paper bag that the strings came in that was on the bed & the bag moved by itself in the air for a few seconds & moved a few inches away and landed back on the bed as if an invisible person picked it up & dropped it back on the bed - it didn’t look like the wind moved it - it was like not enough to definitely say it was supernatural, but enough to make you stop & wonder if I was really alone in that room - so I thought - it has to be the wind - I had the window closed but I figured the breeze came from the hall but now as I write this, I just realized, if it was the wind, why was the paper bag the only thing in the room that moved? There were other papers on the bed right next to the bag - receipts, food wrappers, etc. - they didn’t move.

So I go to take a nap and I shut the light off in the room but I was able to see the light at the bottom of the door coming from the window in the hallway outside - the space at the bottom of the door was high so it was big gap of light - but it was about 4 or 5 pm so it wasn't too bright - it had more of a soft light - so I go to take a nap & I'm in a deep sleep for about an hour & I feel someone's hand wrapping around the back of my neck trying to choke me so I immediately wake up, assuming that I was dreaming but I look at the light at the bottom of the door & all of a sudden I see a shadow pass along the bottom of the door from right to left - blocking the light from the window in the hallway - it looked just like someone walked passed the door in the hallway right outside of the room but there were no sounds of footsteps & this shadow looked like it was floating like a ghost - it really felt like someone was out there outside my door but I went outside the door & nobody else was home.

I was like - okay - nap time is over - I took a shower & went to the gig - now that I think about - could it have been a tree moving from the wind - if I remember, I don't think there any trees right outside that window - I saw that light from the gap at the door all the time every day when I woke up & I never saw a shadow pass any other time. Maybe it's good to be a little afraid of the dark.

Thank you for sharing Johnny0000.This story was really enjoyable.

I wouldn't say that I fear ghosts or spirits, but I do know that there is a difference between the two and have definitely encountered a friendly spirit making her presence known in a non-threatening way.

Ghosts, on the other hand, I'm a little more leery. Sometimes when I think about a ghostly encounter, I get chills and decide that I'm not really ready because my heart will leap out through my chest and my body will crumple into a heap after I jump out of my skin. Also, I hear that when a ghost is near, the temperature of the room will drop drastically. That's enough to make me run. But there's also a part of me that really wants to experience seeing a ghost, to face that impending terror.

You grew up in the wrong area Mistress. Our house was haunted big time. The previous owner got hit by a car in front of the house in 1959. I saw a ghoust in the attic threw the window when iwas ariund 9. My dad got pissed and locked me in there for three hours. I have not been afraid since. My wife has visited me 3 times but stopped about 2 years ago. Selfish bitch must have crossed over lol

Thank you for sharing Johnny0000.This story was really enjoyable.

I wouldn't say that I fear ghosts or spirits, but I do know that there is a difference between the two and have definitely encountered a friendly spirit making her presence known in a non-threatening way.

Ghosts, on the other hand, I'm a little more leery. Sometimes when I think about a ghostly encounter, I get chills and decide that I'm not really ready because my heart will leap out through my chest and my body will crumple into a heap after I jump out of my skin. Also, I hear that when a ghost is near, the temperature of the room will drop drastically. That's enough to make me run. But there's also a part of me that really wants to experience seeing a ghost, to face that impending terror.

As a kid, I was terrified by the dark, basements, and the idea of supernatural entities in my home. Not that I ever experienced any. My parents took me to see a lot of fucked up movies as a very young kid. It certainly had its impact.

But a few decades later, as a hardcore atheist, I no longer believe in such things. On the positive side, I am no longer spooked very easily. On the negative side, the fun has been sucked out of movies like Paranormal Activity. I saw it with a bunch of friends. The audience was totally freaked out, while I was just laughing at them.

(However, once in a while, even though my logical brain tells me there is no such thing, I am able to spook myself in a dark room. Sometimes old wiring is hard to override.)

There's an interesting book on the subject worth checking out:

The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies —How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths

Spirits in the Dark (irrational fear or heightened awareness?)

A lot of older residents who grew up in New Orleans, some of the most brilliant & influential artists in the world, like Jelly Roll Morton for example) have said that when they turn the lights out when they sleep at night, they can feel spirits touching them.

One time, about 15 years ago, when I was working as a musician, I had work out of the city so I was temporarily staying at this house in New Jersey for a few weeks with a very nice Hispanic family that lived downstairs & rented the upstairs rooms out so I lived in one of the rooms & when I was sleeping at night, it kept feeling like someone was tapping me on the back - it was happening every night - I kept getting up all the time to see what it was & noone was there - one night I felt someone pinch my back really hard & I jumped up out of my sleep but noone was there.

On the weekends, the house was empty - I was the only one there and I had a gig one Saturday night so I took an afternoon nap so that I could be 100% rested for the gig so I restrung my guitar with a brand new set of strings for the gig and then I went to pick up the paper bag that the strings came in that was on the bed & the bag moved by itself in the air for a few seconds & moved a few inches away and landed back on the bed as if an invisible person picked it up & dropped it back on the bed - it didn’t look like the wind moved it - it was like not enough to definitely say it was supernatural, but enough to make you stop & wonder if I was really alone in that room - so I thought - it has to be the wind - I had the window closed but I figured the breeze came from the hall but now as I write this, I just realized, if it was the wind, why was the paper bag the only thing in the room that moved? There were other papers on the bed right next to the bag - receipts, food wrappers, etc. - they didn’t move.

So I go to take a nap and I shut the light off in the room but I was able to see the light at the bottom of the door coming from the window in the hallway outside - the space at the bottom of the door was high so it was big gap of light - but it was about 4 or 5 pm so it wasn't too bright - it had more of a soft light - so I go to take a nap & I'm in a deep sleep for about an hour & I feel someone's hand wrapping around the back of my neck trying to choke me so I immediately wake up, assuming that I was dreaming but I look at the light at the bottom of the door & all of a sudden I see a shadow pass along the bottom of the door from right to left - blocking the light from the window in the hallway - it looked just like someone walked passed the door in the hallway right outside of the room but there were no sounds of footsteps & this shadow looked like it was floating like a ghost - it really felt like someone was out there outside my door but I went outside the door & nobody else was home.

I was like - okay - nap time is over - I took a shower & went to the gig - now that I think about - could it have been a tree moving from the wind - if I remember, I don't think there any trees right outside that window - I saw that light from the gap at the door all the time every day when I woke up & I never saw a shadow pass any other time. Maybe it's good to be a little afraid of the dark.

That is an interesting story. An experience I use to get on occasion was to be half asleep and feel a troubled presence on top of me, smothering me. There was a humming sound and I couldnt move and would fight to wake up to escape it. In one instance , I remember thinking I was screaming out loud to awaken myself but in reality was told I was moaning in pain. Are these pained spirits coming to haunt/torment me? Who the hell knows. What did come.to find that the same symptoms happen all over the globe with.diffetent cultures. They call it sleep paralysis and its common. I tend to think the mind is a powerful thing and most of the demons and.boogiemen out there are our own creation. That energy that is our essence might make our post death reality based on our beliefs. If you believe in some concept of an afterlife it will be there when you leave this existence because you believed. If you don't believe perhaps quiet nothingness. In a way,I would hate for this theory to be true for fanatical suicide bombers who see killing human beings as a ticket to heaven and a thousand virgins. Btw, a comedian once remarked where do they find male virgins for female suicide bombers. Males virgins are harder to come by. Have to scoop them up at a Star Trek/ Comicon convention.:P

That is an interesting story. An experience I use to get on occasion was to be half asleep and feel a troubled presence on top of me, smothering me. There was a humming sound and I couldnt move and would fight to wake up to escape it. In one instance , I remember thinking I was screaming out loud to awaken myself but in reality was told I was moaning in pain. Are these pained spirits coming to haunt/torment me? Who the hell knows. What did come.to find that the same symptoms happen all over the globe with.diffetent cultures. They call it sleep paralysis and its common. I tend to think the mind is a powerful thing and most of the demons and.boogiemen out there are our own creation. That energy that is our essence might make our post death reality based on our beliefs. If you believe in some concept of an afterlife it will be there when you leave this existence because you believed. If you don't believe perhaps quiet nothingness. In a way,I would hate for this theory to be true for fanatical suicide bombers who see killing human beings as a ticket to heaven and a thousand virgins. Btw, a comedian once remarked where do they find male virgins for female suicide bombers. Males virgins are harder to come by. Have to scoop them up at a Star Trek/ Comicon convention.:P

Sleep Paralysis - Horrifying

Hey Sod018 - How are You? Thanks for your response - I found your post very interesting & helpful & it reminded me a little of my eerie experience in NJ.

I’ve been getting sleep paralysis since my early 20’s & now I’m in my mid 40’s - luckily I usually only get it once or twice a year - more or less - hopefully you don’t get it regularly because I know it's horrible - it feels like someone poiseoned you with a puffer fish like a Hatian Zombie.

Because I started getting sleep paralysis long before I experienced anything supernatural & always assumed that one has nothing do with the other - I originally started writing this post, separating the 2 catagories but now after reading your post & then I started collecting my thoughts, now I’m wondering if there is a connection between the 2.

Although I only get it a few times a year, whenever I do get it, it almost always happens about 20 times in one night - I wake up & I can’t move & I can’t open my eyelids & if I fell asleep on my back I usually can see my eyelids struggling to open & the light from the ceiling peeking through the squint & I can usually hear myself saying help me through my close djaw & sometimes I can get up quickly & sometime it’s so hard - I would give up for a minute & lay there, paralyzed & wondering if I‘m gonna die in my sleep & then try again until I wake up flailing my arms - then I fall back asleep & wake up paralyzed again.

One time I woke up because I stopped breathing in my sleep & I was paralyzed & I kept trying to wake up & I couldn’t so I was about to give up but then I knew I would die in my sleep so I tried my hardest to move & I woke up gasping for air.

Tonight I made a discovery - after looking back, I just realized that every time that I had sleep paralysis - I always had a nightmare - usually the same nightmare so I usually have about 20 nightmares in one night - & it’s always the same topic - I was very young when I saw the Exorcist & it scrared me - even when it’s on tv now - I have to put the light on & I'm in my mid 40‘s - since I first saw it when I was a kid, I always keep having this dream where I want to be possessed by the devil so then I become possessed by the devil & then I always say I’m sorry please help me I don’t want to be possessed & then it feels like the air is turing to gelatin & I can’t move & I wake up paralyzed -

Actually a few months ago I had that dream & I woke up screaming & I sat up in the bed, still screaming - very eerie - it was a horrying sound coming from me - like a howl - & someone in my house yelled from another room - you’re having a nighmare are you okay?

About 20 years ago - I had the same kind of dream & in the dream I wanted to be possessed by the devil so I became possessed & then I looked up at the moon as if it was God and told Him I was sorry & and asked Him to change me back & He did and then a few seconds later, I wanted to become possessed again so I became possessed again & then I looked up at the moon again & said I was sorry and I was just kidding, please change me back & I won’t do it again & the face on the moon looked down at me & started crying and & I started being pulled into the ground & I was saying please give another chance please don't give up on me - & as I was being pulled down the moon was crying as if God way saying that He really tried hard to give me so many chances & I blew them all.

Most people reading this would probably wonder if I was raised in a religious environment - but I wasn’t - technically we’re Catholics but we’re pretty much a secular NYC family - I don’t even think I’ve been to church when I was a kid more than a few times - my superstition comes from me briefly dabbling in the occult when I was young, not realizing how serious it was - it was the experiences that resulted from that that changed me from a borderline athiest to very superstitious.

I always like to consider as many factor as possible & I notice that I usually get sleep paralysis when I haven;t eaten all day & eaten dinner very late & fell asleep right after -also when I have gone a whole week on very little sleep & then I sleep for 12 hours in one night to recover - I also heard that sleep paralysis is linked to a Vitamin B deficiency -

One hypothesis is that they say when you are awake your body does tissue damage every day & then when you sleep it repairs it so maybe if I go long periods on very little sleep it messes with the neurotransmitters which would make sense because that usually has to do with bain & movement, reflexes, etc.

Thanks agin for your response - have a good night.

Thank you for sharing Johnny0000.This story was really enjoyable. I wouldn't say that I fear ghosts or spirits, but I do know that there is a difference between the two and have definitely encountered a friendly spirit making her presence known in a non-threatening way. Ghosts, on the other hand, I'm a little more leery. Sometimes when I think about a ghostly encounter, I get chills and decide that I'm not really ready because my heart will leap out through my chest and my body will crumple into a heap after I jump out of my skin. Also, I hear that when a ghost is near, the temperature of the room will drop drastically. That's enough to make me run. But there's also a part of me that really wants to experience seeing a ghost, to face that impending terror.

Jan. 1997 - in the middle of the night - all of a sudden -

in a split second - the room was freezing cold

Hello Mistress Zhao - Thanks for reading my post - what you mentioned is exactly what happened to me in 1997.

One important factor that I left out of my previous post was that when I was younger, I briefly dabbled in the occult, not realizing that I was messing with something very serious & is probably why I have had supernatural experiences after that - growing up, idolizing great American musicians since I was a kid I wanted to be just like them & because most of those older generations are from that culture, of root work, etc, I started messing with it until I started experiencing some things that turned me from a borderline athiest to a such a frightened superstitious person, actually giving up being a musician for a few years - friends & family for years pleaded with me to go back to it reassuring me that my music abilty is from God.

Potions, spells & rootwork

I finally went back to it & started working as a musician - until an arthritic condition developed & my live performances were declining & doctors were telling me that within 2 years I would no longer be able to play guitar - within a few montths I could barely move my hands & I was becoming disabled & out of desperation to stay a musician & no doctor having any solutions, I decided to go back to the occult & try & see if I can save my musicianship & my hands with spellwork (I just want to mention that absolutely no animals were involved in any spells - I have always been against sacrificing animals & any kind of animal cruelty & I never was involved in anything like that)

Getting back into the occult -

Mysteriously stumbling onto remedies that even doctors & holistic doctors still don’t know about today, within a year and a half, I went from being barely able to move my hands to working as a musician again, performing better than ever - people couldn't understand how I made such an amazing recovery & although there was my recovery along with many other blessings that came from the occult - there were also some very horrifying experiences, things that make the previous post about my experience in NJ look like an episode of Seinfeld.

Happy to be playing in nightclubs again - one night I was drunk after a gig & was hanging out with a musician who was a really great friend, but was also my biggest rival & was very competitive - we always worked together & shared the same passion of wanting to be Bluesmen & always talked about the history, folklore & the crossroads - & he used to say ti me that;s why you play so good & I would say no - but one night I was drunk & I follishly mentioned my involvement with the occul

The next day he comes into the club & starts playing & his musicianship went from great to the most amazing sound you ever heard in less than 24 hours, coincidentally after I mentioned my involvement with the occult - everybody in the club stopped to listen to him & I was shocked - I kept asking him, did you dabble with the occult or anything like that & he said no but he said he did have a dream that he met the devil.

It was the most eerie sound - it sounded like a cry from hell -

A few days later we were rehearsing in the studio & he decided to record it & the sound that was coming from his guitar playing was the most eerie sound that I've never heard before - like a cry from hell - it was so spooky.

I called my friend who has an encyclopedia knowlege of music & I played him the session tape over the phone & I asked him if he had ever heard anything like that before & he was in shock - he said he never heard anything like that & he thought the sound was eerie & we were talking & I told my friend on the phone that I asked the guitar player if he dabbled in the occult because all this started happening as soon as I told him that stuff about the occult & I was telling my friend that he said no but that he had a dream.

The room becomes cold in a split second -

I was laying down on the bed in my underwear on the phone & it was about 3:00 in the morning & I was just about to tell my friend about the dream that this guitar player had about meeting the devil & all of a sudden the whole room became freezing - in a split second - I felt a bone chilling cold winter breeze hit my legs & my shoulders shivered as if I was in the cold for an hour but it happened in a second - & I jumped out of bed and freaked out - my friend was like - what happaned - what's going on - I said - you wouldn;t believe what just happened - the whole room just became freezing cold - I think if I remember right I even think the curtains may have moved but I'm not 100% sure - it was a long time ago - and my friend on the phone said they say that when the room gets cold all of a sudden it means a spirit entered the room - I didn't know that but I knew something was going on - I said it feels like someone's in the room with me - it went away in about a minute - it was eerie - I was like, can you stay on the phone a little while longer? - I'm a little freaked out - he was like - sure.

I ran outside

A year & a half later I was living uptown by Columbia University - I woke up in the middle of the night & I saw a ghost - it looked like clear water in the shape of a person - it looked like Jesus's face - but I thought to myself that it could be a spirit trying to fool me - and I was very groggy so I wasn't sure if I was still dreaming but I just got out of bed & I was up for a while hanging out & then I layed down on the bed & I was looking up at the ceiling & I started praying & I said - God do you think there will ever be a chance for me to be saved and all of a sudden, in about 3 seconds, the light blew out and made a very extremely loud popping noise - I assumed it was a spirit that was trying to freak me out so I immedialtely got dressed & ran outside.

Hey Johnny! That was a great story! I've definitely had a few encounters with the supernatural, both in my last house and my current one. Probably the most scary was in my last house. We were sleeping one night with our cats when we were woken up by the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Our bedroom door was closed, and our cats were staring wide-eyed at the door. The footsteps came up the stairs, down the hall and stopped at our bedroom door. Then, nothing. Scared the crap out of me! In our current house, there seems to be an older gentleman who lives on our stairs. We had some people come over who used to live in our house several years ago, and they told us stories of seeing a man go up and down the stairs in heavy black boots. I've never seen anyone, but I've definitely occasionally caught some movement out of the corner of my eye, which has made me catch my breath. Always freaks me out when my cat will sit at the top and stare down the stairs, wide-eyed with a fat tail. If I'm alone in the house, I don't get too much sleep because I have one eye closed and the other eye on the stairs :) !

Hey Phred - how are you? Wow - that sounds spooky - I don't blame you for sleeping with one eye open - & cats are always the 1st ones to stare at a door whenever there is someone walking around outside the door - that one night in NJ - it really felt like if I didn't force myself to wake up I would have been choked to death - one time at another place in NJ a few months before that - I was staying at this house that was right down the block from the Hudson River & the neighborhood was pin drop silent every night & one night I woke up in the middle of the night & about 20 minutes after I woke up, I kept hearing a haunting sound from outside - of several female voices talking at the same time calling my name - it sounded like 3 women were about a block away and calling my name in a weird eerie melody - it was fading in an out if the wind - sounded like something out of a horror movie.

One thing that freaks me out is when you turn on one light & it blows out so you go to turn on another light & that one blows out a few secomds after the first one.

Have a good night - I'm about to go to sleep now & I think I'm gonna leave the light on.

Wow, John those are some experiences. As far as sleep paralysis goes, I tend to believe there are physiological and psychological explanations rather then supernatural. But it is an eerie feelings and also you never know. I can definetly see how one could attribute it to that. As far as the occult. For me, and only speaking for me,, I wouldn't fuck with that shit for a few reasons. 1) It's probably all bullshit. 2) If its not bullshit you're playing around with dark forces and who needs it. I've seen enough dark shit in my lifetime , I need to laugh, have levity, and be healthy not Fucking around with demons. Occult influences in music it seems are all over the place. Go to YouTube and type Stairway to Heaven and Hotel California backwards and there definetly some wierd shit going on. I think a lot of that satanism comes from the hedonism of the time. It seems selfish philosophy and any philosophy,religion that doesn't have helping/ kindness to others in its root isn't worth a shit. Plus it seems drugs have a place in these subcultures SD a path to enlightment. Horseshit,Alestier Crowley died supposedly a dope fiend and his last words "I'm perplexed". In the words of Richard Pryor " Boy , I got some advice for your ass, better lay off that narcotic, that shit done made you null and void". So for me clean living, help others when you can, show kindness and what is more spiritual then that.

Wow, John those are some experiences. As far as sleep paralysis goes, I tend to believe there are physiological and psychological explanations rather then supernatural. But it is an eerie feelings and also you never know. I can definetly see how one could attribute it to that. As far as the occult. For me, and only speaking for me,, I wouldn't fuck with that shit for a few reasons. 1) It's probably all bullshit. 2) If its not bullshit you're playing around with dark forces and who needs it. I've seen enough dark shit in my lifetime , I need to laugh, have levity, and be healthy not Fucking around with demons. Occult influences in music it seems are all over the place. Go to YouTube and type Stairway to Heaven and Hotel California backwards and there definetly some wierd shit going on. I think a lot of that satanism comes from the hedonism of the time. It seems selfish philosophy and any philosophy,religion that doesn't have helping/ kindness to others in its root isn't worth a shit. Plus it seems drugs have a place in these subcultures SD a path to enlightment. Horseshit,Alestier Crowley died supposedly a dope fiend and his last words "I'm perplexed". In the words of Richard Pryor " Boy , I got some advice for your ass, better lay off that narcotic, that shit done made you null and void". So for me clean living, help others when you can, show kindness and what is more spiritual then that.

So for me clean living, help others when you can, show kindness and what is more spiritual then that.

I definitely agree with you 100% - I was a naïve idiot in my 20’s & dabbling in the occult is a huge regret - it started out as more of a novelty & an interest in the culture of American music & when I realized that I was messing with something serious - it was a huge blow to me - I gave up being a musician for about 2 years - friends & family were visiting me, telling me to go back to playing music - I would say that the music is evil - & they would say your talent is from God. But after about 2 years - I found that not being a musician made life so unbearable because it was all I knew & I didn’t know how to be anything else - so I went back to it.

I’m familiar with that famous quote, “I am perplexed” - but I never studied Crowley’s work - I can’t understand anything he writes (I‘m not highly educated or too bright) & I think he killed a cat & that really turned me off - I love animals too much - & yes, you're right - a lot of famous witches died penniless &/or reduced to nothing - I definitely agree that there are a lot of selfish witches - & also, I have known many witches who, even though they may not realize that they are messing with dark forces, they are good hearted people with good intentions who mean well.

Have a good weekend & thanks for reading my post.

Wow, John those are some experiences. As far as sleep paralysis goes, I tend to believe there are physiological and psychological explanations rather then supernatural.

Yes... "REM Atonia" occurs during sleep, and disables signals to the muscles. It keeps our body still so that we don't physical act out during sleep to what is occurring in our dreams. So, often people have the feeling of being stuck or unable to run from something. It is literally because we are in a slight stage of paralysis.

This explains why you're a bit of a killjoy on the forum!

As a kid, I was terrified by the dark, basements, and the idea of supernatural entities in my home. Not that I ever experienced any. My parents took me to see a lot of fucked up movies as a very young kid. It certainly had its impact.

But a few decades later, as a hardcore atheist, I no longer believe in such things. On the positive side, I am no longer spooked very easily. On the negative side, the fun has been sucked out of movies like Paranormal Activity. I saw it with a bunch of friends. The audience was totally freaked out, while I was just laughing at them.

(However, once in a while, even though my logical brain tells me there is no such thing, I am able to spook myself in a dark room. Sometimes old wiring is hard to override.)

There's an interesting book on the subject worth checking out:

The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies —How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths

Interesting story Johnny.

I can understand your inclination to connect the occult with supernatural occurrences. That's one danger of dabbling in the occult, you may or may not be practicing magick in the safest way. Not to get all nerdy on you, but did you cast a protective circle when you did your spell for healing? The thing about magick is that it's exponentially kharmic. Anything you do to cause a change in the energy of the universe to serve you, whether it be completely self-serving, vengeful, or for the greater good of mankind, will return threefold in your life.

Jan. 1997 - in the middle of the night - all of a sudden -

in a split second - the room was freezing cold

Hello Mistress Zhao - Thanks for reading my post - what you mentioned is exactly what happened to me in 1997.

One important factor that I left out of my previous post was that when I was younger, I briefly dabbled in the occult, not realizing that I was messing with something very serious & is probably why I have had supernatural experiences after that - growing up, idolizing great American musicians since I was a kid I wanted to be just like them & because most of those older generations are from that culture, of root work, etc, I started messing with it until I started experiencing some things that turned me from a borderline athiest to a such a frightened superstitious person, actually giving up being a musician for a few years - friends & family for years pleaded with me to go back to it reassuring me that my music abilty is from God.

Potions, spells & rootwork

I finally went back to it & started working as a musician - until an arthritic condition developed & my live performances were declining & doctors were telling me that within 2 years I would no longer be able to play guitar - within a few montths I could barely move my hands & I was becoming disabled & out of desperation to stay a musician & no doctor having any solutions, I decided to go back to the occult & try & see if I can save my musicianship & my hands with spellwork (I just want to mention that absolutely no animals were involved in any spells - I have always been against sacrificing animals & any kind of animal cruelty & I never was involved in anything like that)

Getting back into the occult -

Mysteriously stumbling onto remedies that even doctors & holistic doctors still don’t know about today, within a year and a half, I went from being barely able to move my hands to working as a musician again, performing better than ever - people couldn't understand how I made such an amazing recovery & although there was my recovery along with many other blessings that came from the occult - there were also some very horrifying experiences, things that make the previous post about my experience in NJ look like an episode of Seinfeld.

Happy to be playing in nightclubs again - one night I was drunk after a gig & was hanging out with a musician who was a really great friend, but was also my biggest rival & was very competitive - we always worked together & shared the same passion of wanting to be Bluesmen & always talked about the history, folklore & the crossroads - & he used to say ti me that;s why you play so good & I would say no - but one night I was drunk & I follishly mentioned my involvement with the occul

The next day he comes into the club & starts playing & his musicianship went from great to the most amazing sound you ever heard in less than 24 hours, coincidentally after I mentioned my involvement with the occult - everybody in the club stopped to listen to him & I was shocked - I kept asking him, did you dabble with the occult or anything like that & he said no but he said he did have a dream that he met the devil.

It was the most eerie sound - it sounded like a cry from hell -

A few days later we were rehearsing in the studio & he decided to record it & the sound that was coming from his guitar playing was the most eerie sound that I've never heard before - like a cry from hell - it was so spooky.

I called my friend who has an encyclopedia knowlege of music & I played him the session tape over the phone & I asked him if he had ever heard anything like that before & he was in shock - he said he never heard anything like that & he thought the sound was eerie & we were talking & I told my friend on the phone that I asked the guitar player if he dabbled in the occult because all this started happening as soon as I told him that stuff about the occult & I was telling my friend that he said no but that he had a dream.

The room becomes cold in a split second -

I was laying down on the bed in my underwear on the phone & it was about 3:00 in the morning & I was just about to tell my friend about the dream that this guitar player had about meeting the devil & all of a sudden the whole room became freezing - in a split second - I felt a bone chilling cold winter breeze hit my legs & my shoulders shivered as if I was in the cold for an hour but it happened in a second - & I jumped out of bed and freaked out - my friend was like - what happaned - what's going on - I said - you wouldn;t believe what just happened - the whole room just became freezing cold - I think if I remember right I even think the curtains may have moved but I'm not 100% sure - it was a long time ago - and my friend on the phone said they say that when the room gets cold all of a sudden it means a spirit entered the room - I didn't know that but I knew something was going on - I said it feels like someone's in the room with me - it went away in about a minute - it was eerie - I was like, can you stay on the phone a little while longer? - I'm a little freaked out - he was like - sure.

I ran outside

A year & a half later I was living uptown by Columbia University - I woke up in the middle of the night & I saw a ghost - it looked like clear water in the shape of a person - it looked like Jesus's face - but I thought to myself that it could be a spirit trying to fool me - and I was very groggy so I wasn't sure if I was still dreaming but I just got out of bed & I was up for a while hanging out & then I layed down on the bed & I was looking up at the ceiling & I started praying & I said - God do you think there will ever be a chance for me to be saved and all of a sudden, in about 3 seconds, the light blew out and made a very extremely loud popping noise - I assumed it was a spirit that was trying to freak me out so I immedialtely got dressed & ran outside.

Interesting story Johnny. I can understand your inclination to connect the occult with supernatural occurrences. That's one danger of dabbling in the occult, you may or may not be practicing magick in the safest way. Not to get all nerdy on you, but did you cast a protective circle when you did your spell for healing? The thing about magick is that it's exponentially kharmic. Anything you do to cause a change in the energy of the universe to serve you, whether it be completely self-serving, vengeful, or for the greater good of mankind, will return threefold in your life.

Mistress Zhao, I'm always amazed at how knowledgable & wise You are -

Unfortunately, I didn’t have any knowledge of that in the beginning or when I did the healing spell - but the healing spell did so much for me - a few years later, I started researching & I started finding out about protective circles & the 3-fold law & it changed my way of thinking & I had wished I knew about it in the beginning because I find that with the occult - when you try to do a spell & it doesn’t come out the way you want it - usually something better happens - it’s like the spirits are trying to tell you that there is a better way that is perfect for you - so along with these horrors, some so complex & far worse than anything I have mentioned in my posts, I also received a lot of blessings.

As far as using the occult for selfish reasons - I didn't really need to use it for that because long before I even got involved with the occult, I already was just as accomplished & as good a musician as I am now - After the healing spell, I did have an offer with a major label at the time that I was still in recovery mode from the arthritic problem & I wouldn‘t have been able to tour & support the record with the arthritic problem so I had to turn it down but I didn’t really care - I have no desire to be a rock star or a celebrity or to be powerful or a millionaire or the things that most people chase after- I basically just want my life just the way it is minus the ghosts & spirits - basically I used the occult for the healing spell & protecting what I have - all of the other blessings came without me asking - the healing spell basically restored what I lost -that's the best way to put it.

But before I worked as musician, I was a very unhappy person- always feeling trapped in my environment & I had no idea there was a whole other world out there so even though I never did any kind of spells to take over the world or anything like that - I did have a lot of unhappy energy so that may have lingered - I wish I knew that things were gonna get better back then - I wouldn't have been so unhappy.

Thanks so much Mistress Zhao - I always love reading anything You post.

Interesting story Johnny. I can understand your inclination to connect the occult with supernatural occurrences. That's one danger of dabbling in the occult, you may or may not be practicing magick in the safest way. Not to get all nerdy on you, but did you cast a protective circle when you did your spell for healing? The thing about magick is that it's exponentially kharmic. Anything you do to cause a change in the energy of the universe to serve you, whether it be completely self-serving, vengeful, or for the greater good of mankind, will return threefold in your life.

At the same time, I sometimes wished I never messed with the occult at all - and there was a time that I tried to find answers in the Bible only to stumble across the concept of calvinism which is more scary than the occult - it's hard to say because I don't know what would have been if I would have never dabbled in the occult - I find that it made life extremely complex - I sometimes wish I had no knowledge of the occult or calvinism - it'e so complex that I am unable to not contradict myself regarding the occult.

I forgot to say this morning when i posted that a few days back< before my scolding> i had my first ever dream of the Ladies. There where some parts of the dream that might have been in line with this thread i just was not sure if i wanted to post the dream it would be quite long to type and i am not good with patience. <to hyper> :mellow:

At the same time, I sometimes wished I never messed with the occult at all - and there was a time that I tried to find answers in the Bible only to stumble across the concept of calvinism which is more scary than the occult - it's hard to say because I don't know what would have been if I would have never dabbled in the occult - I find that it made life extremely complex - I sometimes wish I had no knowledge of the occult or calvinism - it'e so complex that I am unable to not contradict myself regarding the occult.

@Mistress Zhao,

The Goddess love ya:-) You're the best!!!

LW